Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is it?

Options
  • 15-09-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I had a chicken ceaser salad wrap but I don't know what the dressing was and it was yummy. Its not mayonaise and its not ceaser salad dressing. It is a off white/cream colour and it wouldn't be as thick as mayonaise. I have never tasted salad cream before. Could that be it?

:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The only way to be sure is to taste salad cream and see. It's runnier than mayonnaise and is made with boiled eggs whereas mayonnaise is made with raw eggs, hance the different flavour. The flavour is more tangy.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

The only way to be sure is to taste salad cream and see. It's runnier than mayonnaise and is made with boiled eggs whereas mayonnaise is made with raw eggs, hance the different flavour. The flavour is more tangy.

that sounds about right! i'l have to buy some salad cream so just to confirm :D

thanks

I bought salad cream and it doesn't taste anything like the mystery dressing :(

The search goes on..................... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could phone or call in to where you bought the wrap and ask :)

You could phone or call in to where you bought the wrap and ask :)

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that :D I think I will have to though. They probably make it themselves! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If it was a ceasar salad wrap then I'd assume it was ceasar dressing. As without this there's nothing to make it a "Caesar" wrap.
    It was probably just a variation on what you are used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loadsofham

Could it be Ranch dressing ?

loadsofham wrote: »
    Could it be Ranch dressing ?

never heard of that.... :confused:

its definetely not ceaser dressing. Its a completely different taste

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

where did you get the wrap? if it's somewhere like mcdonalds (for example) you can find recipes online for their dressings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

littlelulu wrote: »
    never heard of that.... :confused:

its definetely not ceaser dressing. Its a completely different taste

Ranch was my first thought too. It's this

• Advertisement
Advertisement