Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 670 Red Screen Of Death

Options
  • 15-09-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey guys. Got my stuff delivered from hardwareversand and put them all together on Thursday last.

I installed the drivers from the CD delivered with the graphics card (Gigabyte GTX 670 OC) which were version 301.42 WHQL. I then, updated the drivers to the latest 306.23 WHQL. Since then I have been getting a RSOD every now and again. The only way out of it is a hard reboot. I have read some horror stories about this issue, but wanted to ask you guys if you have ever experienced this before and know of anyone who has.

As it stands, I have cleaned up all the nvidia drivers from my machine using Driver Fusion and re-installed the latest drivers. So far, so good (its only been an hour) but I'm just waiting to see that RSOD.

As a side note, I have ran some tests successfully on the GPU using Si Soft and Furmark. It seems to be performing as expected.

So any insight into this issue? The last port of call will be to RMA the card, but I want to make sure I have ruled out all other possibilities before that.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i had this on my Asus Gtx670 Direct CU II TOP a few times, and the same only way was a hard restart. i found a few reports of it online and the repair was to install the latest driver,
    with me it was the GPU Tweaker i had to update i think

since i updated to the latest driver it hasnt happened once , thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 21 iron_hide

i had this on my Asus Gtx670 Direct CU II TOP a few times, and the same only way was a hard restart. i found a few reports of it online and the repair was to install the latest driver,
    with me it was the GPU Tweaker i had to update i think

since i updated to the latest driver it hasnt happened once , thankfully

that is good to hear. at least you solved it. hopefully the reason mine got messed up was installing one set of drivers over an older version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya its very annoying alright i was on the verge of sending the card back it always seemed to happen at the worst possible moment , but once i updated the drivers it was perfect .

best of luck with it

Advertisement