Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Season Week 1

• 15-09-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Eagles beat the Steelers 42 - 31.

Good game for the Eagles back ups coming in to the game loosing 14 - 0 to bring it around. Good game ET

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How did you find the time clock lads? Is 6 minutes with no accelerated clock ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ben i played my PFL game earlier and there was no acc clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

SantryRed wrote: »
    How did you find the time clock lads? Is 6 minutes with no accelerated clock ok?

Didn't really notice, so that must be a good thing. To be honest we were chatting the whole game so wasn't paying a whole load of attention. I did notice I was 14-0 up when my starters went out and I lost. Not good if I have injuries, especially along the Oline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

just played my ukml game this evening six min quarters didn't really notice the acc clock not been on. its only going to be a problem if people let it run down to zero if you just snap the ball after you choose the play it should be ok certainly to a big a problem as i though it was going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers beaten 31-20 by the Packers. My thoughts:

Fair play to Darbey his passing game absolutely destroyed me which has been a problem for me with the Chargers since I've started playing with them, which is very frustrating as I have a very good corner in Jammer and an above average one in Cason along with a top free safety and average strong safety. Must be something I'm doing wrong but I just can't figure it out at the minute.

I kept rushing down to 1 yard so no problems there but I got burnt about 5 times on a similar long play that I just couldn't stop and then couldn't stop other big throws either, conceding a total of 355 through the air.

Not a big fan of the Chargers playbook. It must be the only playbook I've used in Madden 12 and 13 that doesn't have at least 1 of my 2 favourite plays. :mad:

I won't panic in preseason but a big improvement is needed.

Packers will be a big threat with that passing game. Thanks for the game Darbey and good look for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Game against nerd DCed, and to be honest outside of the first quarter it was absolutely horrible. First quarter was great though, but really there's no point watching Derek Anderson trying to do a Cam Newton impression. No intention of continuing this, if you want to, play the CPU.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Game against nerd DCed, and to be honest outside of the first quarter it was absolutely horrible. First quarter was great though, but really there's no point watching Derek Anderson trying to do a Cam Newton impression. No intention of continuing this, if you want to, play the CPU.

Make sure to put yourself on autopilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

SantryRed wrote: »
    Make sure to put yourself on autopilot.

How do I do this? I did the sim game option, does this mean nerd just plays the CPU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Paully D wrote: »
    Chargers beaten 31-20 by the Packers. My thoughts:

Fair play to Darbey his passing game absolutely destroyed me which has been a problem for me with the Chargers since I've started playing with them, which is very frustrating as I have a very good corner in Jammer and an above average one in Cason along with a top free safety and average strong safety. Must be something I'm doing wrong but I just can't figure it out at the minute.

I kept rushing down to 1 yard so no problems there but I got burnt about 5 times on a similar long play that I just couldn't stop and then couldn't stop other big throws either, conceding a total of 355 through the air.

Not a big fan of the Chargers playbook. It must be the only playbook I've used in Madden 12 and 13 that doesn't have at least 1 of my 2 favourite plays. :mad:

I won't panic in preseason but a big improvement is needed.

Packers will be a big threat with that passing game. Thanks for the game Darbey and good look for the season.

Enjoyable game! You put good pressure on my O-Line throughout to prevent the run game from ever going anywhere. My backup QB seems ok which is always good to know although Vince Young is a FA so I may go for him....

I called an awful lot of audibles and hot routes based on your defensive setups. Way too much press coverage from you which meant if my WR got by your CB it was an easy short-mid completion or worse.

Your 1st team defense was impressive though, and Antonio Gates is gonna cause major problems for everyone you play against! Think he had 5 or 6 catches and about half of those I double covered him for!

A trade for a pacy WR would do you the world of good to stretch a defense up the field and get even more out of Gates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Bertys Chiefs beat cardinals 27-14
    Kolb threw 3 interceptions before getting his jaw broke!
    Learned a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Bertys Chiefs beat cardinals 27-14
    Kolb threw 3 interceptions before getting his jaw broke!
    Learned a lot!

That is tough, how long is he out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

49res beat Vikings 35-31, last quarter comeback. Vikings Ponder had a 158 rating for the time he was on, was glad he went off.

Klob out for five weeks. How can you see which players are on other teams trade blocks? Ive added some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

madalig12 wrote: »
    49res beat Vikings 35-31, last quarter comeback. Vikings Ponder had a 158 rating for the time he was on, was glad he went off.

Klob out for five weeks. How can you see which players are on other teams trade blocks? Ive added some.

Good game bud.
    I think I may need to pick up a o-line man or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Patriots lose 27-17 to the Saints.
    Those damn backups are a pain in the behind. Stephen Gostkowski will never make a good punter, he nearly hoofed it 20 yards. Raoul offered to punt it back, but it's only the preseason. I'm fairly sure that Gronk is going to be my Shockey of M12. He had over 100 yards receiving.
    Had a 4th and inches that in hindsight I probably should have gone for but I took the 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Is everyone seeing practice as a 'to-do' in their weekly tasks, as I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Is everyone seeing practice as a 'to-do' in their weekly tasks, as I'm not.

Me neither - i was wondering about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

Think it was Santry who was sayin he was the only one who could see it this week as gm. Hopefully will be available from week two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

gufc21 wrote: »
    Think it was Santry who was sayin he was the only one who could see it this week as gm. Hopefully will be available from week two
    I am gm now and I can't see it either. Bit strange.

What do you guys think of pre season?Worthwhile? Or just a waste of time?

I am undecided

Doing it in the pfl, personally I'm not that bothered tbh

Nor am I really. We should have told everyone to play pre season off line so you know who you wanted to cut. I think the only real point for it is for the fa to see what the guys you pick up are like

• Advertisement

We have the time so I think we might as well. It improves some players :)

Ya just realised this when I was playin heart.... You really can use it to focus on a player and try to achieve all of their goals

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ya just realised this when I was playin heart.... You really can use it to focus on a player and try to achieve all of their goals

Tannehill goals : Throw ball within 20 yards of where you intended and only throw to the other lads 50% of the time.

Yes, I'm bitter with the Dolphins!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals beat CPU Jets (Dave agreed to the CPU game)
    10 - 7

Happy with bengals ground game... not so hot through air with back-ups but passable... good few dropped passes
    And switching punter and kicker in pre-season = disaster!
    Missed a 33yrd FG attempt... embarrassing!

Beat the Seahawks but really struggling to run the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

preseason for me is much like the real nfl the first 2 games are ok but im not bothered about 3 or 4 so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Awful game against the Raiders, bad loss.

Wasn't even trying to win in the end after few bad picks, just trying things out with a couple of players, and now I know some things that don't suit the Cowboys style.
    Starters get taken out after 1 quarter. If it's going to be like that all pre-season, think I can take it or leave it, will get more out of the practice

Accelerated clock working, but maybe that's only cos I'm playing CPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is the week being advanced today?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is the week being advanced today?

Tonight,

How did my CPU Redskins do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Beat the Seahawks but really struggling to run the ball

Just like CJ2K in real life! :O