Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Draft Order

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jake Scott - RG,

Will not be picking him up until Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

2mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jake Ballard has become a New York Jet !

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Jake Ballard has become a New York Jet !

PM sent
    Thanks dave ill get him off you later. no no i insist it was no problem helping you drive up Tebows price. anytime... nice pick getting ballard for me ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just wondering about free agents as it's my pick. I have $3.44m in cap space, so does that mean that's all I can spend on a free agent? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well how many players have you got at the moment? If its more than 53 then do your cutting now to open cap space up.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Well how many players have you got at the moment? If its more than 53 then do your cutting now to open cap space up.

Currently have 63 mate. So it's OK to cut 11 of them now and use whatever I have left in cap space on a free agent if necessary (obviously I won't need to spend that much of a FA)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Actually just on the topic of cutting players could any1 post a link to how many players I need in each position?
    Just so I know where to cut when the time comes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Perrin, if you take a look at your depth chart, it will tell you how many you currently have and how many players at each position you need

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Actually just on the topic of cutting players could any1 post a link to how many players I need in each position?
    Just so I know where to cut when the time comes

Go to more, strategy, team needs and then you'll be able to see it mate under the active requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Go to more, strategy, team needs and then you'll be able to see it mate under the active requirement.

Eh yeah thats what i meant, not the depth chart!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanks lads
    I'll be taking this approach come cutting time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Does the cap come into affect for pre season or is it as long as your under it before week 1?

Right, my roster is up to date now and I've just signed another target for Rivers to hit with the acquisition of Plaxico Burress.

I've PM'd ET who is next on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Paully D wrote: »
    Right, my roster is up to date now and I've just signed another target for Rivers to hit with the acquisition of Plaxico Burress.

I've PM'd ET who is next on the list.

Nice pick Paully. Was wondering when he would go. Be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot this season though ;)

Also Santry/Raoul, is it 1 or 2 rounds of FA Draft before open season?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steeluhs take Jacob Hester

Pm being composed to paddy now.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Nice pick Paully. Was wondering when he would go. Be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot this season though ;)

Cheers man, very happy with it.

I think the main reason he didn't go earlier was because of his salary ($5m), but I had the space after my cuts and with the division I'm in need as many targets to hit as possible.

Rivers at QB with Gates, Burress, Floyd, Meachem and Royal to aim at should be a threat. Well, they would be for any player that can pass the ball anyway so maybe not me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

bears take albert haynesworth dt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

is there any way to check the remaining FAs on the CC website?

Lukebray wrote: »
    is there any way to check the remaining FAs on the CC website?

Look at your team, click om selected positions and at the bottom of the page the free agents show up, you can also look at available trades down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Should we restrict FA draft to one round? This is taking forever and at this rate it'll be Week 1 of the Regular Season before the first round is complete.

I have needs dammit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

We could put a time limit on picks for the second round but I don't think it should be a free for all until everyone has had 2 picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    We could put a time limit on picks for the second round but I don't think it should be a free for all until everyone has had 2 picks.

I agree. But we still have a week and a half until the season starts so no major rush

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Speaking as someone who hasnt had their first pick yet I agree that a free-for-all shouldnt be done til we get 2 picks each...
    Its not fair on those that that cant get to a computer/xbox at that exact moment.

I am hoping that it will go faster over weekend when people have more free time... I doubt it will drag into regular season

This is so slow it is painful though! Pity we couldnt have arranged an hour altogether to get it out of way - but it would've taken as long to agree a time as to do it this way!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Linebacker, did you PM Matthew?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

It should be going quicker by the second round I would hope.

I for one, have looked at the Free Agents and have a list of five/six I am targeting as there are five more picks until it gets to me.

Some people who have picked know what they want and have been quick, if people have some prep done then it should go a lot quicker.

Would be in favour of a time limit for picks in second round so everyone knows that they will have a certain amount of time and have to be ready, if they don't make a pick then maybe they get moved to end of the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Don't see why people couldn't submit their top 10 picks or so to the gm (or I'll sort through it if its too much work). In blocks of 10 or even 16 a day.... Maybe Mon Tue and wed providing the 1st round is over. Will be done and dusted in 3 days then.

I know its a pain picking 10 people out of list but just to get it over with

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

gufc21 wrote: »
    Don't see why people couldn't submit their top 10 picks or so to the gm (or I'll sort through it if its too much work). In blocks of 10 or even 16 a day.... Maybe Mon Tue and wed providing the 1st round is over. Will be done and dusted in 3 days then.

I know its a pain picking 10 people out of list but just to get it over with

Yeah but people are making trades as well - and if you get a good trade your needs might change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Or just post here saying "[Team x] are reserving player Y". That way we can move things along while people are in work and not necessarily able to get to their xbox and thinking they are holding things up??

• Advertisement

Matthew on the board?

Advertisement