Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rifle Shooting Training DVD/book

• 15-09-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My wife got hooked on rifle shooting (.22) and I'm wondering if you could recommend a beginner DVD or book that she can use (I'm not a rifle shooter myself so apart from real basics I can't really help her ;-))

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

This would be about the first one I'd give to someone who was looking to shoot competitively; but outside of the competitive stuff, I'd recommend getting time with a coach instead of a book or dvd...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sparks wrote: »
    ............but outside of the competitive stuff, I'd recommend getting time with a coach instead of a book or dvd...

+1.

One on one time is far better than reading. While DVDs, and books are good sources of information, and as a guide, nothing beats getting proper pointers/training from an experienced shooter.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    nothing beats getting proper pointers/training from an experienced shooter.
    You know, I'd even go further and say that you really want a coach rather than a shooter. We've all seen it before - the shooter who indisputably knows how to shoot, but who couldn't teach a dog to bark. Doing something and teaching someone how to do something really are completely seperate skillsets.

There are shooters out there who are also great coaches, and we've run courses for good shooters to teach them how to coach - but being good at one doesn't mean you're automatically good at the other :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Thanks guys...
    Can you recommend a good coach then (as good coach as possible, as close to Dublin as possible and as cheap as possible ;-))

Thanks,

damanloox wrote: »
    Thanks guys...
    Can you recommend a good coach then (as good coach as possible, as close to Dublin as possible and as cheap as possible ;-))

Thanks,

For .22 rifle, close to Dublin, Geoff Cooney out in WTSC. Or Dennis Hardman in the Midlands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement