Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with diet

• 15-09-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi guys

I have made up my mind I am going to start a new diet and get fit and healthy anyone any good tips on keeping motivated? (I have started and failed on so many diets now I have lost count:()

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

the most important thing is portion sizes, what ever diet you are on. If you fall off the wagon, pick your self up and get straight back on track, I find I get discouraged and am tempted to have a little binge, that's why all junk is now a nono for me
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

the most important thing is portion sizes, what ever diet you are on. If you fall off the wagon, pick your self up and get straight back on track, I find I get discouraged and am tempted to have a little binge, that's why all junk is now a nono for me
    Good luck.

Thanks yellowlabrador great advice definitely portion sizes are an issue for me. I have started, feeling motivated, I just hope I can keep going:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hard to give too much advice unless you tell us what kind of diet you are on.

Building a routine and always planning ahead is what worked for me. Never ever fall into the trap of forgetting to bring your lunch to work so getting a chicken roll in spar. If you always ensure you buy whatever food ingredients you need ahead of time, it really, really helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

what kind of 'diet' are you on ?
    Unless your obesit I would aim towards a healthier life change as appose to a diet.

Diet = quick fix, not long term.
    Healthier life change = long term weight loss , long term health benefits, and more likely to commit.

Start by doing a weekly food plan and stick to it. Breakfast , lunch and dinner.

Do a shopping list and buy only what you have on the shopping list.
    Plenty of exercise and plenty of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 S hall

You can start your day with a healthy diet comprised of fruits, green vegetables, and cereals. Have 5-6 shorter meals per day and increase proteins in your diet. Avoid fatty and sugary foods as much as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Unless your obesit I would aim towards a healthier life change as appose to a diet.

Healthier life change = long term weight loss , long term health benefits, and more likely to commit.

Start by doing a weekly food plan and stick to it. Breakfast , lunch and dinner.

This.

And to reiterate - planning your daily intake of food is the difference between success and failure.

Get up early and cook your lunch if you have to, or cook dinner and lunch for the next day in the evenings.

Know before you go to sleep exactly what you're going to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks (healthy ones, obviously) the the next day and how you're going to prepare it and for when.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Frankieg84

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

Bingo! I only ever succeed when I sit down on a Friday evening and write out a menu for the week - each meal planned for and then go and do a shopping based on that menu on the Saturday morning.

I've also found that if I have meals prepared for work, ie. make dinners on a Saturday/Sunday that can be kept in the freezer until needed during the week, I don't have to worry about cooking something after work when it's the last thing I want to do.

The key to success in my opinion really is all in the preparation.

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

Try focusing on changing your lifestyle rather than going on a "diet". It's an accumulation of little things that will all add up to success such as good nutrition, drinking lots of water, getting some exercise, getting enough sleep and keeping stress down.

For an online tracker and advice on how many calories you should be eating see SparkPeople http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/start-now.asp.

For exercise Adrian Byrant http://www.nowloss.com/ has loads of stuff you can do at home.

Best of luck with it! :)

Advertisement