Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satanic Church

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Flaps

Down shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Slurryface wrote: »
    You can find them on the net just type in
    www.labourparty.ie
    www.finegael.ie
    www.fiannafail.ie
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    You are not funny

Yes he is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Down shift.

Mr T

A: Anyone know if there are any satanists around Ireland,

B: places that they gather in and how you would join?

C: And if you are a practising satanist then what is it like?

Ravenid sez...
    Ravenid wrote: »
    A: Being the devils advocate here the tests done were not anywhere close to accepted scientific standards.

B: The test pool

C: The group who did the testing have refused to pass on their full
    testing results unless
    anyone who reads it
    signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

And worst of all the rats being used are known to develop the same Tumors naturally. World wide they are never used in any scientific test for this exact reason.[/S]

Run this test again with a normal test pool, with both the process and results
    open to everyone and using the standard testing procedures and

I'd take it seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Devils Passage in Coragh park in Clondalkin!! Rumors went on for years about that place.

Good thread in the paranormal forum about it.

Devils Passage in Coragh park in Clondalkin!! Rumors went on for years about that place.

Good thread in the paranormal forum about it.

It's interesting alright but probably nothing more than a bunch of unemployed metallers running about with too much gear in them these days :) And the knacks. Knacks in tracks :)

csi vegas wrote: »
    It's interesting alright but probably nothing more than a bunch of unemployed metallers running about with too much gear in them these days :) And the knacks. Knacks in tracks :)

When I was a kid they wouldn't even go up there late at night! Dont care what anyone says it is one creepy scary place!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's an interesting subject to read up on. Hedonism seems to be the main feature of the 'religion', pleasure being the only intrinsic good so indulge every urge and desire you have.

There has been many of these groups over the past couple of centuries. The church's founder Anton LaVey was heavily influenced by the ideas of Aleister Crowley while compiling his body of written work.

As for coming across an Irish chapter, I'm sure you could find something like it if you delve deep enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

It's ok. Tuesday we sacrifice a virgin chicken, Wednesday we anoint ourselves with the blood and of course Friday is poker night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

I found an old school journal recently and on the cover in big letters I'd written 'Satin Forever!' It's bad enough I'd be that emo, but everyone must have thought I was really into fabrics :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

To believe in the Devil means believing in God.

Either way, you'll end up looking like a fucking spastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

some satanist stuff went on in killiney hill park years ago. dont know if it still does. not pretty stuff imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I suggest you try the occult ireland forum http://www.occultireland.com/

some satanist stuff went on in killiney hill park years ago. dont know if it still does. not pretty stuff imo

Retired, posh public servents with nothing better to do so :)
    because they say money is the root of all evil :D and as for 666?
    Well, that's about how much they still get paid an hour :)

When I was a kid they wouldn't even go up there late at night! Dont care what anyone says it is one creepy scary place!

Must check it out for myself some night, armed with my great big OH and his paintballing gun, scare the hell outta them!
    They wouldn't be expecting that :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

There is an Irish order of Thelema if that would interest you https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Irish-Order-of-Thelema/157061284355933

csi vegas wrote: »

Must check it out for myself some night, armed with my great big OH and his paintballing gun, scare the hell outta them!
    They wouldn't be expecting that :eek:

Think bits of it are blocked off at this stage though. Check out the thread in paranormal it's interesting and some very very interesting opinions!! Can't link because on a phone but just make sure to leave your lights on when your reading it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

What ever happened to the satanic all girl band Rockbitch?

They believed in something called C*** Consciousness if I recall correctly.

I remember doing some pretty sinful things to myself when I was a kid after renting Angle Heart on VHS for the night. I swear I thought the amount of times I watched that Lisa Bonet chicken scene with special use of the pause button, would see me burn in hell for sure.

Xtravision wrote to me a few months later and said I owed them £473 in back rental fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I was a LaVeyan Satanist up until a few years ago. I was lame and found religion, but the basic philosophy has stuck with me, I'd definitely recommend reading the book. Satan is a metaphor for human spirit, desiring what it wants but with society telling you no. Basically, do whatever makes you happy, as long as you don't impede the happiness of others. It's purposely antagonistic and convoluted though. But hey, LaVey slept with Marylin Monroe, he must've been doing something right :P

The Satanic Bible is actually a clever book, when you realise that the whole 'Satanic' styling was just to provoke a reaction. And while the philosophy is mostly based upon 'Might is Right', it's still a hell of a lot less damaging to kids than 'Atlas Shrugged'. Basically, it's do what you want as long as no one else gets hurt.

Addressing something another poster said, LaVeyan Satanism is VERY pro-feminism, just not in the boring way. It encourages women to actually use their attractiveness in any way to advance themselves, which is a good idea. And it doesn't call them wimmin, so it wins automatically. I mean, LaVey's widow ran the Church of Satan, and his daughter runs an offshoot. Generally, misogynists don't let women call the shots. There was even a specific book, 'The Satanic Witch' written exclusively on this topic. Again, worth a read even if you're a dude, there's some nuggets of wisdom hidden under all the posturing.

I know of no actual Satanists in Ireland, sadly, although I've met several morons claiming to literally worship Satan. Smile and nod, smile and nod...

Basic info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

You can get The Satanic Bible in Tower usually, they stock some pretty random books. Avoid 'The Satanic Rituals', that's just weird. Bout a tenner, worth it.

There was also a Forum Request put forward for it a while back, though I don't think it did too well.

TL;DR: It's a worthwhile philosophy, there's no literal belief in a devil, Satan is all metaphor, just look past the antagonistic imagery and you'll be grand.

Anyway, I felt this needed another real response. It's really not fair that they don't get a chance just because of the name. But by all means, don't let me stop the trolling :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

well I think thats different than actual satanism? not sure but I heard satanism was about rejecting all idols? don't quote me on that though :P

And I heard that satanism is as makey uppy a load of bollax as all other religions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

When I was younger I was a Satanist, only thing that made me move was reading The Book of The Law and finding a philosophical path I agree with more.

It's a great way to approach life and very progressive. I got alot of flack for it as people instantly think you actually worship the devil, but it's more like being an Athiest with pantomime thrown in for fun. You use Satan to simply provoke a reaction, as it is used as a symbol to how much it goes against other practises that they must think its the faith of the devil.

Only reason I stopped giving myself the title was I found it a little bit too selfish at times, and I found the work of Crowley to be much more in tune with the my beliefs.

As others have stated, it's worth picking up The Satantic Bible no matter your faith, it's a really funny read and very thought provoking at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Colmustard wrote: »
    I am an atheist devil worshipper, lol.
    I think most satanists are atheists though, aren't they? They adhere mainly to philosophical satanism, not devil worship.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A good thread about the subject in spirituality http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054923316

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Urizen wrote: »
    I was a LaVeyan Satanist up until a few years ago. I was lame and found religion, but the basic philosophy has stuck with me, I'd definitely recommend reading the book. Satan is a metaphor for human spirit, desiring what it wants but with society telling you no. Basically, do whatever makes you happy, as long as you don't impede the happiness of others. It's purposely antagonistic and convoluted though. But hey, LaVey slept with Marylin Monroe, he must've been doing something right :P

The Satanic Bible is actually a clever book, when you realise that the whole 'Satanic' styling was just to provoke a reaction. And while the philosophy is mostly based upon 'Might is Right', it's still a hell of a lot less damaging to kids than 'Atlas Shrugged'. Basically, it's do what you want as long as no one else gets hurt.

Addressing something another poster said, LaVeyan Satanism is VERY pro-feminism, just not in the boring way. It encourages women to actually use their attractiveness in any way to advance themselves, which is a good idea. And it doesn't call them wimmin, so it wins automatically. I mean, LaVey's widow ran the Church of Satan, and his daughter runs an offshoot. Generally, misogynists don't let women call the shots. There was even a specific book, 'The Satanic Witch' written exclusively on this topic. Again, worth a read even if you're a dude, there's some nuggets of wisdom hidden under all the posturing.

I know of no actual Satanists in Ireland, sadly, although I've met several morons claiming to literally worship Satan. Smile and nod, smile and nod...

Basic info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

You can get The Satanic Bible in Tower usually, they stock some pretty random books. Avoid 'The Satanic Rituals', that's just weird. Bout a tenner, worth it.

There was also a Forum Request put forward for it a while back, though I don't think it did too well.

TL;DR: It's a worthwhile philosophy, there's no literal belief in a devil, Satan is all metaphor, just look past the antagonistic imagery and you'll be grand.

Anyway, I felt this needed another real response. It's really not fair that they don't get a chance just because of the name. But by all means, don't let me stop the trolling :P

Thanks very much for that :D I'll definitely pick up the satanic bible!

But hey, LaVey slept with Marylin Monroe, he must've been doing something right :P

Yeah? Just look at what happened to HER :eek:
    GOODNIGHT NORMA JEAN and then it was curtains!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Nah, just a bit of cruising.

old hippy wrote: »
    Nah, just a bit of cruising.

that always went on. ive heard

that always went on. ive heard

But not scene? ;)

old hippy wrote: »
    But not scene? ;)

now you've lost me

now you've lost me

It's ok, it was pretty dark up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Some of the comments on this thread are astounding as if Satanism is "cool" and "great" and such things like that. Most of the people involved in the lower levels of satanism are simply mugs and think they are rebelling but the higher you go the more evil and ghastly it gets. There are so many documented cases all over the world about Satanic ritual abuse if anyone cares to look try Australia to begin with or Scotland or here in Ireland. Should be warned though once you open that door you may wish you didnt as the things the victims say happened to them are so horrible only evil can be responsible. Satanism is not cool nor is it great its evil. Satanists in many cases are child abusing child murdering sickos. Every 40 seconds a kid goes missing in the US over 2000 a day 800,000 a year. Thats a staggering statistic I wonder how many of them poor souls fall prey to the "great" bunch of lads that are satanists. Wtf is wrong with some people,jesus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_satanic_ritual_abuse_allegations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

WakeUp wrote: »
    Some of the comments on this thread are astounding as if Satanism is "cool" and "great" and such things like that. Most of the people involved in the lower levels of satanism are simply mugs and think they are rebelling but the higher you go the more evil and ghastly it gets. There are so many documented cases all over the world about Satanic ritual abuse if anyone cares to look try Australia to begin with or Scotland or here in Ireland. Should be warned though once you open that door you may wish you didnt as the things the victims say happened to them are so horrible only evil can be responsible. Satanism is not cool nor is it great its evil. Satanists in many cases are child abusing child murdering sickos. Every 40 seconds a kid goes missing in the US over 2000 a day 800,000 a year. Thats a staggering statistic I wonder how many of them poor souls fall prey to the "great" bunch of lads that are satanists. Wtf is wrong with some people,jesus.
    So. Just another dodgy religion that is dangerous to children in particular?
    You also answered your own question when you typed 'Jesus";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

What are you rabbiting on about, seriously. I'm not sure which is worse, people who take satanism seriously or people who take satanists seriously.

I don't want to stoop to defend satanism (it's real dumb), but your wikipedia article 'evidence' has the keyword 'allegations' right there in the title. Most of the tid-bits in it I'd put on par with evidence for witchcraft in the salem witch trials, and while there are no doubt a lot of sickos who profess to be satanists I'm fairly confident the vast majority of practising satanists are people who took dungeons and dragons a little too seriously in their teens. As for the kidnapping statistics - that's terrible but it's not like satanism has a monopoly on child kidnapping and rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Oldie but a goldie...............

The dyslexic satanist who sold his soul to Santa.

So. Just another dodgy religion that is dangerous to children in particular?
    YOu also answered your own question when you typer 'Jesus";)

I didnt ask a question was thinking out loud, Jesus is a figure of speech. Am not religious not by a long shot and I agree with you religions are dodgy. I dont know why youre tacitly having a pop at me do you belong to a coven yourself? do you indulge in animal sacrifice and abuse/murder of children? thats how plenty of them lads roll. Sicko fcking weirdos. Anyway I agree with you religions in general are dodgy wont find me arguing that particular comment with you.

Nichololas wrote: »
    What are you rabbiting on about, seriously. I'm not sure which is worse, people who take satanism seriously or people who take satanists seriously.

I don't want to stoop to defend satanism (it's real dumb), but your wikipedia article 'evidence' has the keyword 'allegations' right there in the title. Most of the tid-bits in it I'd put on par with evidence for witchcraft in the salem witch trials, and while there are no doubt a lot of sickos who profess to be satanists I'm fairly confident the vast majority of practising satanists are people who took dungeons and dragons a little too seriously in their teens. As for the kidnapping statistics - that's terrible but it's not like satanism has a monopoly on child kidnapping and rape.

That wikipedia link isnt evidence I concede that youre right but it wasnt intended to be evidence more a reference point for anyone wanting to look into it and take it from there. I think the majority of Satanists like you say are misguided people I would agree with that but plenty of them are twisted freaks. Another evil cult like many religions the world over.

I didnt ask a question was thinking out loud, Jesus is a figure of speech. Am not religious not by a long shot and I agree with you religions are dodgy. I dont know why youre tacitly having a pop at me do you belong to a coven yourself? do you indulge in animal sacrifice and abuse/murder of children? thats how plenty of them lads roll. Sicko fcking weirdos. Anyway I agree with you religions in general are dodgy wont find me arguing that particular comment with you.

Im not taking a pop at you . Its just that your post reminded me of past events which tickled me. Such as The Pope warning against the dangers of Harry Potter and its influence upon the young or a regular in my youth was celebrity priests popping up in the late late show warning against dangerous cults such as the Hari Krisnas.
    I hear you on satinism but I just think its a drop in the ocean of religious weirdness and dangerous influence.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sharrow wrote: »
    I suggest you try the occult ireland forum http://www.occultireland.com/

5032 members... You just never know you're sharing a lift with, do you?

I think the majority of Satanists like you say are misguided people I would agree with that but plenty of them are twisted freaks. Another evil cult like many religions the world over.

You're the misguided one here mate. LaVeyan Satanism is a predominantly atheistic philosophy, with little ritual practice (and even at that, entirely metaphorical and mostly solitary) and certainly contains nothing that could be called 'twisted' or 'evil'. What YOU are thinking of is devil worship, not Satanism. Devil worship is actually an offshoot of Christianity, and is something entirely abhorred by true Satanists, and anyone with a working brain (in my opinion).

I will readily agree with you that anyone claiming to worship a 'devil' needs to either grow the hell up or get sectioned, but I'd ask you get your terminology straight before making such allegations. Actual Satanists don't deserve that kind of slander.

• Advertisement

TB, you can be a witch and not be a satanist. You can be a pagan, a wiccan or worship the goddess - it doesn't make you sick or evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You're the misguided one here mate. LaVeyan Satanism is a predominantly atheistic philosophy, with little ritual practice (and even at that, entirely metaphorical and mostly solitary) and certainly contains nothing that could be called 'twisted' or 'evil'. What YOU are thinking of is devil worship, not Satanism. Devil worship is actually an offshoot of Christianity, and is something entirely abhorred by true Satanists, and anyone with a working brain (in my opinion).

I will readily agree with you that anyone claiming to worship a 'devil' needs to either grow the hell up or get sectioned, but I'd ask you get your terminology straight before making such allegations. Actual Satanists don't deserve that kind of slander.

I don't really understand the distinction you're making here. Do satanists not follow satan? Are satan and the devil not the same cloven hoof, horny, mischevious boyo? I'm confused!:confused:

I've just been looking this laveyan chap up - satanisists seem like a nice enough bunch to be honest. No raping and pillaging, no eating babies, none of that stuff at all! Here's their rules

The Nine Satanic Statements
    1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
    2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
    3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
    4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.
    5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
    6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
    7. Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
    8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
    9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.[16]
    The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
    1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
    3. When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
    4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
    5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
    6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
    7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    9. Do not harm young children, for they are the future.
    10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
    11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.
    The Nine Satanic Sins
    1. Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins, the Cardinal Sin. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. One must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
    2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
    3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, one must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
    4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
    5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious - it’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
    6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
    7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
    8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
    9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I've just been looking this laveyan chap up - satanisists seem like a nice enough bunch to be honest. No raping and pillaging, no eating babies, none of that stuff at all! Here's their rules
    The title is a bit misleading, there doesn't seem to be any mention of Satan in there.

I don't really understand the distinction you're making here. Do satanists not follow satan? Are satan and the devil not the same cloven hoof, horny, mischevious boyo? I'm confused!:confused:

Nope. Satan is entirely metaphorical in LaVeyan Satanism. The figure of Satan represents the human spirit, and predominantly the things that are good for people, but most major religions classify as sinful, like indulgence, pride in oneself, etc. There is no literal devil in real Satanism, but it's a common misconception given the name. Anyone claiming to literally worship Satan is, in my opinion, seriously messed up, and has no business using the title Satanist.

Anton LaVey was very much against the hypocrisy in organised religion, so he named his philosophy Satanism to represent how different the views were to conventional religion. The most common example is that of free love. LaVey wrote that free love is entirely grand, as long as everyone you engage in it with is consenting, and also ok with the concept of non-exclusivity. The naming was probably not the best move from a PR point of view, but there it is.

I think if he had named it a bit better, he could have had a real winner on his hands. Calling it the church of satan only serves to distance a lot of people who, quite understandably in my opinion, would consider joining the church of satan to involve some form of devil worship!
    In fact as far as i can see, if everybody did indeed live by those rules the world would be a considerably better place to inhabit.

See, that's why i like this site - every day is a school day!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Nine Satanic Statements

[*]When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

I really like this one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WilliamMelmoth

I think if he had named it a bit better, he could have had a real winner on his hands. Calling it the church of satan only serves to distance a lot of people who, quite understandably in my opinion, would consider joining the church of satan to involve some form of devil worship!
    In fact as far as i can see, if everybody did indeed live by those rules the world would be a considerably better place to inhabit.

See, that's why i like this site - every day is a school day!;)

Thats one of the keys to Satanism, the fact that the name it chooses could not be accepted by mundane society. To be Satanist requires the practitioner (at least initially) to be antinomian. That means to think of ones self as 'going against the grain' of culturally conditioned and conventional norms of 'good' and 'evil'. This most certainly does not involve criminality in any shape or form, breaking the law or any of the 'satanic panic' nonsense popularised by the tabloid press in the 80s. Satanism is about setting yourself apart from fellow man, figuratively becoming an outsider, in order to gain the kind of inner dependence necessary for the work of becoming your most potent self.
    It is not for the masses and can never be, most people would prefer to conform to some outward given standard. They can never be a Satanist as Satanism is the way of non-union, of individuation and of independence. Thats the real reason its scary : )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

i would never worship satan :)

Covens are for Witches /Wiccans which have zero to do with satanism. My wife is a witch and though i think its as batsh1t crazy as any other religion and spirituality it s mostly about respect for nature and farting about with candles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

i would never worship satan :)
    But chirstmas si coming :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement