Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late acceptance into Masters?

Options
  • 15-09-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got offered a masters in DCU which Ive provisionally accepted. The only issue is I really don't want to stay there as I did my undergrad there and think its time to move on.

So in a last ditch effort I emailed asking would I be eligible for late acceptance to the Masters in Public Policy in UCD and I have a meeting with the course head on monday. So my question is, has anyone here ever started a masters late? I've missed the first week and if I'm accepted I'm afraid I'll be thought of as a procrastinator by the faculty and having missed the initial bonding of the class find it difficult to fit in. I'm not too sure of the size of the class to be honest and can't seem to find anything online. Or am I completely off the mark and this is common practice? Also, completely sh1tting this meeting which isn't helping....

Thanks
    SF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Majority of the staff that give us lectures, practicals, etc aware of who we are and keep close eye on us so they will know you are new.
    Regarding bonding, who the hell cares? It is master's. Pile of work. But since class sizes are small, 10 people on average, it won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

You won't be thought of as a procrastinator. It may be a good idea just to let each lecturer know that you are a late admission (as opposed to having just skipped the first class).

Advertisement