Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom disconnectng and reconnecting

• 15-09-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

My eircom broadband occasionally goes through a period of connecting and disconnecting. Usually around 9 or 10 PM. It will go local only/local and internet back to local only. Has anyone had this or know why it is

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked your line stats?

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

Low snr can often cause disconnects.

Have you confirmed that it is the dsl that is disconnecting as distinct from your wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

dub45 wrote: »
    Have you checked your line stats?

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

Low snr can often cause disconnects.

Have you confirmed that it is the dsl that is disconnecting as distinct from your wifi?
    no it is i think my connection to the router? it says access local and internet and then access local only. That is the wi fi isn't it.?Went down again just as i got email about your reply. edit think i was wrong just checked the zyxel router, the internet light was off. rebooted the router. I often hve to reboot the router to get it back properly

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

I am on the ringaskiddy exchange in cork and this is happening me also particularly weekend evenings. I did notice during the week that my router that normally connects at 8mB was connecting at 4 and then 5 before going back to 8. I have a friend who is on the carrigaline exchange about 4 miles away and he says the same thing is happening him.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭winsumlusum

danny004 wrote: »
    I am on the ringaskiddy exchange in cork and this is happening me also particularly weekend evenings. I did notice during the week that my router that normally connects at 8mB was connecting at 4 and then 5 before going back to 8. I have a friend who is on the carrigaline exchange about 4 miles away and he says the same thing is happening him.
    thanks i was wondering would it be anything to do with other people around with eircom. There are about ten eircom accounts visible on inSSIDer when I look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Same thing happens with our router - eircom supplied routers are useless though, I'd suggest you buy an independent third party one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement