Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing infraction in rugby forum

Options
  • 15-09-2012 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

Was red carded for this post simply because it came across as an attitude ill befitting a rugby fan. When all it was was a joke about being relieved to have won. Mod said it was lazy and aggressive and wasnt wanted in the rugby forum. Its a match thread, 90% of it is lazy posting. "shít he missed" "fcuk its a try". How it was aggressive I dont know.

Many a thing had been said on that thread, many a charter rule broken but I am singled out because I am seen to be acting un rugby man like.

I have taken this reasoning of it because of the countless other infractable offences in that and other threads which are routinely ignored. Insults of players and pundits ignored. Discussions continuing after mod warning to stop ignored. Streams posted snipped, warning posted, further streams snipped.

Very relaxed attitude to the whole thing which I think it good. It was moderated but not smothered. Yet I'm singled out because certain people think they are better fans than others and got over exited when I seemed to be dismissive of the opposition. The only other person to be infracted was someone who attacked another poster and ended up being banned. Red card for attacking a poster/red card for what I said. Nothing for ignoring mod instructions, posting links to streams after mod warnings. etc. etc.

It was a joke. Someone said the other team were robbed, I said "fcuk em" as in I dont care if they were robbed I am glad my team won. I reiterated this several posts later after someone posted a "this is not soccer" pic. I explained my view and re-made the joke in its context.

I dont think a red card was warranted and I ask please for it to be retracted. Thank you for your time.

Btw I spoke to the mod and he stands by the card.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll take a look at this one. Please bear with me though, as I will struggle to find much time to review this over the next day or so.

To be clear though, I will only be deaing with the red card and any posts directly relating to that infraction. If you see other posters breaking forum rules the relevant posts should be reported. Action taken, or not taken, against other posters is not a matter for discussion here

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll take a look at this one. Please bear with me though, as I will struggle to find much time to review this over the next day or so.

To be clear though, I will only be deaing with the red card and any posts directly relating to that infraction. If you see other posters breaking forum rules the relevant posts should be reported. Action taken, or not taken, against other posters is not a matter for discussion here

Thanks

Thats fine, I have no issue with any other posts or moderation in general. Just arguing my case that the card in the context of the forum and what seems to be acceptable wasnt warranted.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've had a look through the whole thread. Although I've indicated that this appeal is not about anyone else's posts you may believe could have broken forum rules, I would point out that you were not the only poster to be on the receiving end of moderator action, with another being banned for a week for personal abuse within that thread. Hence I do not believe you have been singled-out in any way here

Now looking at your overall contribution to the thread I can see where the mod was coming from when he infracted you. If it was only the post in question that was of concern I would agree a red card looks harsh. However I would point out that a number of your posts did not come up to normal forum standards

The first post I would mention is one where you posted an illegal stream, which is against site rules. That link was snipped by a mod and a general warning issued about posting links to streams.

You also had a fixation about the TG4 coverage. I appreciate there were problems with their streaming of the match, but you made a number of posts criticising TG4 and their Irish language coverage. Basically you were talking more about this than the match, to the ire of some other posters. Again various in-thread warnings were given.

Then at the end of the match came the "offending" post. Basically in response to a poster indicating that Treviso were unlucky you simply stated "fcuk them". I presume you accept that if this had been said about another Irish team it would have warranted a card? I really don't see the fact it was an Italian team should make that much difference, particularly when looked at in the context of your other posts in the thread. Hence I'm struggling to see any basis for overturning the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I've had a look through the whole thread. Although I've indicated that this appeal is not about anyone else's posts you may believe could have broken forum rules, I would point out that you were not the only poster to be on the receiving end of moderator action, with another being banned for a week for personal abuse within that thread. Hence I do not believe you have been singled-out in any way here

As I said that other poster attacked users and did enough to be banned. The red card he got was for a personal attack. That was the only other infraction bar mine. Mine wasnt personal it was just a quick response same as all the rest which breached the charter. So I stand by my statement of being singled out. What that other user did in that thread stands alone as being completely wrong. My post was the only questionable one to be infracted.
    Now looking at your overall contribution to the thread I can see where the mod was coming from when he infracted you. If it was only the post in question that was of concern I would agree a red card looks harsh. However I would point out that a number of your posts did not come up to normal forum standards

The first post I would mention is one where you posted an illegal stream, which is against site rules. That link was snipped by a mod and a general warning issued about posting links to streams.

You also had a fixation about the TG4 coverage. I appreciate there were problems with their streaming of the match, but you made a number of posts criticising TG4 and their Irish language coverage. Basically you were talking more about this than the match, to the ire of some other posters. Again various in-thread warnings were given.

Then at the end of the match came the "offending" post. Basically in response to a poster indicating that Treviso were unlucky you simply stated "fcuk them". I presume you accept that if this had been said about another Irish team it would have warranted a card? I really don't see the fact it was an Italian team should make that much difference, particularly when looked at in the context of your other posts in the thread. Hence I'm struggling to see any basis for overturning the card

I did post a link to a stream as everybody was having difficulty finding one, I was being helpful and knew it would be snipped. I'd have accepted a yellow for that post simply to help people out. I thanked the mod warning and didnt post any further links while others did despite the warning.

I had a discussion about TG4 as their coverage was a shambles, again I stopped when I seen a mod warning about it, while a lot of others didnt.

And finally that other poster didnt say treviso were unlucky, they said they were robbed. I wouldnt think it would warrant a card if said about any team, perhaps a yellow if it was then defining factor in an argument. But I didnt use it as such, I only said is jokingly to someone who claimed treviso were robbed. When someone responded I engaged and clarified. I'd have argued my point if anyone cared to discuss it.

A red card for what I said was over the top, considering everything else bar personal insults was simple warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Admin review as you haven't accepted the Cmod decision.

In a rugby match, the officials will judge a player on what they see that player doing, and what other players may have done has no relevance. Likewise here, if you have an issue with other posts on that thread - or anywhere on boards for that matter - report them. They do not justify your posts.
    A red card for what I said was over the top, considering everything else bar personal insults was simple warned.

Admin ruling is that a red card for your post "Fcuk em. " is warranted. Please report any posts you think need further action.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement