Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jossnjuice wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/wellies-at-the-ready-oxegen-is-back-and-elton-john-may-take-centre-stage-3372606.html

Pretty much confirmed.....and with Elton, and Fleetwood mac rumoured, its good to see theyre trying to gear themselves towards music rather than the annual day in a field for scumbags to fight each other.
    that article is a complete load of nonsense, basically just taken every act playing any other outdoor shows/festivals in the UK and Europe and said that they're "rumoured", as well as other big UK pop names and token Irish acts whose names they've just thrown in.

Fleetwood Mac have said that they're not doing Glastonbury this year either, and they're in the US that weekend, so it's a bit pointless mentioning them anyway.
    can't see MCD wasting 2 definite standalone money-making days by having Elton John and Fleetwood Mac playing at a festival either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

This post has been deleted.
    only one there i'd be slightly worried about would be Indiependence, the other 2 seem too different musically/crowd-wise for it to make a difference.
    Indiependence should be fine for booking acts anyway, all they need is a few mid-level UK/international bands really, and if Oxegen is mainly pop/dance oriented there should be plenty to choose from. they did fine for numbers pre-2012 so should hopefully be ok on that front too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Good ol Elton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The move to early August seems peculiar to me, it's a quiet time around Europe for the "big" festivals, besides Wacken in Germany (which is mostly metal). Perhaps they are moving away from the immediate period when most Leaving Cert students have finished their exams...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

lilylady24 wrote: »
    it'll be some mess tryin to get people to leave on Sunday night!

That is absolutely stupid, especially for people not living close to the venue.

I assume people that are camping will be able to stay Sunday night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

that article is a complete load of nonsense, basically just taken every act playing any other outdoor shows/festivals in the UK and Europe and said that they're "rumoured", as well as other big UK pop names and token Irish acts whose names they've just thrown in.

Fleetwood Mac have said that they're not doing Glastonbury this year either, and they're in the US that weekend, so it's a bit pointless mentioning them anyway.
    can't see MCD wasting 2 definite standalone money-making days by having Elton John and Fleetwood Mac playing at a festival either.

Also the fact Elton is doing the Marquee and pretty sure that has not sold out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Fully confirmed now, RTE and on MCDs twitter

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0201/oxegen.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I assume people that are camping will be able to stay Sunday night

You'd have to assume that's correct (if it's not then there's going to be chaos on Sunday night). Perhaps they'll only open the campsites first thing Saturday morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

You can be 99% certain Muse aren't playing this. A load of us in the Irish Muse community spammed their tour manager on twitter asking if there would be an Irish date later in the year. He said no to Ireland but was confirming other countries which haven't been officially announced (Turkey, Indonesia, South America etc) so we're pretty certain he was telling the truth.

On the other hand this weekend doesn't clash with their stadium tour at all and it's possible he only said no as oxegen wasn't officially announced.

(Don't care either way, going to see them in London and possibly Germany :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Also isnt elton under aiken? Could be green day for one day. Doung fests all over..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

As a HUGE Elton fan, I'd hate to see him playing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Glad to see it's finally confirmed. Of course Elton John and Eminem won't be playing calm down everybody.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hot Press has received confirmation that Oxegen is back for 2013.

Long the subject of conflicting rumours, the shape of this year's event is now beginning to become clearer. There is a switch in dates on this occasion, to the bank holiday weekend of August 3rd and 4th, but the gig will go ahead in Punchestown as in previous years.

Hot Press also understands that there will be a shift to a dancier line-up, reflecting the fact that dance has blossomed as an area of mass musical appeal in recent years. Hot Press understands that there will also be a strong hip hop element to the festival, which will be a two-day event. The likelihood is that another festival will be confirmed by MCD for the summer months, sometime over the next few weeks, which will cater for the indie rock fans that have traditionally hitched up at Oxegen.

Watch this space.

Longitude for the rockers then

Longitude for the rockers then

Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

They may drop prices , how much you say they will be?

Assuming they don't cut the number of stages/artists something like;

2 nights camping €170~ extra night probably €20 extra like previously
    Day ticket €100.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if there's less stages/a new set up this year. If there is hopefully that'll mean cheaper tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    Bull$hit

As i was saying a two day festival in Naas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Happy to see that it is going ahead..really didn't think that it was gonna go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are rumoured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Be interesting to see will the awful weather that usual hits Oxegen make the move to August as well

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

Assuming they don't cut the number of stages/artists something like;

2 nights camping €170~ extra night probably €20 extra like previously
    Day ticket €100.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if there's less stages/a new set up this year. If there is hopefully that'll mean cheaper tickets.

I know this isn't official but still these prices are too dear in my opinion...
    Look at 'Dour' in Belgium 5Day Camping ticket under €120...

We will forever be thieved from these guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmccarra

If they're going for a more hip-hop, dance theme would these festivals give a good idea of the possible lineup?

Tomorrowland July 26-28, 2013
    Steve Aoki
    Axwell
    Knife Party

Sziget Festival August 5-12th, 2013
    Nicky Romero
    Azealia Banks
    Boys Noize

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

cmccarra wrote: »
    If they're going for a more hip-hop, dance theme would these festivals give a good idea of the possible lineup?

Tomorrowland July 26-28, 2013
    Steve Aoki
    Axwell
    Knife Party

Sziget Festival August 5-12th, 2013
    Nicky Romero
    Azealia Banks
    Boys Noize

Hip-hop? No. Azealia Banks had one song. That's it! After 212 the crowd wouldn't know anything else.

I had a quick look at the festivals on at the same time and there are no hip-hop acts that I could see playing at Oxegen. Some more might be booked over the coming months, but I wouldn't be holding out for it.

Doubt it.
    The likelihood is that another festival will be confirmed by MCD for the summer months, sometime over the next few weeks, which will cater for the indie rock fans that have traditionally hitched up at Oxegen.

MCD have already registered Longitude for a website

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

Hot Press also understands that there will be a shift to a dancier line-up

I hope this is true but I heard "rumours" that the dance arena wouldn't exist this year. I have some fond memories of days spent raving away in that giant horse-shed :-(

Jacob T wrote: »
    I hope this is true but I heard "rumours" that the dance arena wouldn't exist this year. I have some fond memories of days spent raving away in that giant horse-shed :-(

Did I hear that Daft Punk are pushing out an album this year!!!

• Advertisement

MCD have already registered Longitude for a website

Oh I'm not doubting the festival is happening. Depends what you consider it is that 'rockers' listen to.

Advertisement