Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Oh I'm not doubting the festival is happening. Depends what you consider it is that 'rockers' listen to.

You know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Joe95

Oxegen 2013
    ‎***BREAKING NEWS***

MCD chief Denis Desmond revealed the news that Oxegen will return to the Irish festival line-up this summer, after a one-year hiatus.

The festival is taking place in its usual home of Punchestown Racecourse in Kildare, however it will be a two-day affair instead of three days, and is taking place on August 3 and 4 instead of the earlier July date of previous years.

The new date means that Oxegen will clash with other smaller festivals Castlepalooza and Indiependence.

Oxegen last took place in 2011, when a host of A-list acts including the Foo Fighters, Beyonce, Coldplay and The Black Eyed Peas all took to the stage.

The line-up for Oxegen 2013 is expected to be revealed in late February, with Elton John and Eminem among the acts rumoured to be featuring on the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Joe95 wrote: »
    Oxegen 2013
    The new date means that Oxegen will clash with other smaller festivals Castlepalooza and Indiependence.

Not great for the promoters pockets but good news for the crowds at the smaller festivals in fairness.
    Joe95 wrote: »
    Oxegen 2013
    The line-up for Oxegen 2013 is expected to be revealed in late February, with Elton John and Eminem among the acts rumoured to be featuring on the bill.

Where do they get this **** from? Eminem is going to do both Slane and Oxegen this summer.. really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

A dance festival on the August bank holiday? Didn't MCD try this before in 2006 with Hi-Fi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Toast wrote: »
    A dance festival on the August bank holiday? Didn't MCD try this before in 2006 with Hi-Fi?
    i doubt Oxegen will be much like Hi-Fi, or a "dance" festival as such. by "dance" i'm guessing some chart-dance acts (Guetta, Deadmau5, similar ****e), as well as pop acts and guitar-pop type bands like Royseven etc.

can't imagine many techno, dubstep or DnB being there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If its gonna be a dance festival i shall def be still going to INDIE again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

can't imagine many techno, dubstep or DnB being there :pac:

Oxegen is infamous for getting unsuitable acts for their one Irish appearance that year. They had Aphex Twin doing an hour before. I'd put money on at least one "Why is X playing? I love X hate everything else." posting here whenever the lineup is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Somebody told me, Beyonce, Rihanna, Mumford and Sons and The Killers. I know Rihanna will be doing AVIVA Stadium but MCD probably want her for Oxegen too? Only a rumour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

If daft punk end up playing ****ty oxegen i'll be livid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Somebody told me, Beyonce, Rihanna, Mumford and Sons and The Killers. I know Rihanna will be doing AVIVA Stadium but MCD probably want her for Oxegen too? Only a rumour though.

'dance hiphop festival'... havent a hope of any of them! maybe for the other supposed festival.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Oxegen is infamous for getting unsuitable acts for their one Irish appearance that year. They had Aphex Twin doing an hour before. I'd put money on at least one "Why is X playing? I love X hate everything else." posting here whenever the lineup is announced.
    ah yeah, i'm sure there'll be a couple of "actually i'd love to see them" acts, but overall i don't think it will be a "dance" festival per se, in the same way something like Life or Sonar is, or even Hi-Fi was.
    i'd guess it will be a few chart "superstar" DJs, and a few commercially succesful dance acts, and plenty of general pop/chart RnB type acts in there.
    i can't imagine a few tents with half the Subject/POGO/Lunar Disko/etc rosters on there or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

Bowlardo wrote: »

Pretty sure the Daft Punk comeback hopes were shattered a month or two ago?
    If your into Daft Punk you should check out Creamfields...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Joeys94 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Daft Punk comeback hopes were shattered a month or two ago?
    If your into Daft Punk you should check out Creamfields...

They've a new album in May so never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Thought Oxegen would keep away from this hip hop, pop dance headliners. Terrible poor if you ask me. Slane is as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭bren2001

thesultan wrote: »
    Thought Oxegen would keep away from this hip hop, pop dance headliners. Terrible poor if you ask me. Slane is as bad

Why would they? There is a big market for it. No reason they can't run a dance/hip hop festival (one I will NOT attend) and an Indie/Rock festival over the summer. If they are both small enough 50k (?) they should sell well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Some of these posts are confusing me, are they planning a Dance Festival as well as the two day Oxegen event?

nocoverart wrote: »
    Some of these posts are confusing me, are they planning a Dance Festival as well as the two day Oxegen event?
    they're planning a 2-day Oxegen festival, which according to several music journalists, will be more of a dance/pop lineup than before.

they're also seemingly planning a new "boutique" festival called Longitude which will be in July, and twinned with Latitude in the UK which will be the same weekend.
    last year's Latitude lineup: http://forums.latitudefestival.co.uk/m132989.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bowlardo wrote: »
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    They've a new album in May so never know

Daft punk aren't touring this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Oh I'm not doubting the festival is happening. Depends what you consider it is that 'rockers' listen to.

hopefully it will mirror Latitude, great line up and a line up that would really keep the trouble out i imagine too, Latitude is possibly the most chilled festival on the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

My Dream Line Up:

Swedish House Mafia(know they've broken up but they could reform just for this!)
    David Guetta
    Calvin Harris
    Rihanna
    Beyonce
    The Killers
    Coldplay
    Rita Ora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

I think that Elton John and Eminem should just do a set together, that'd be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

I think the idea of having more than one smaller (50k+) festival has its up's and downs for both the organiser and those attending..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think that Elton John and Eminem should just do a set together, that'd be interesting...
    I'm pretty sure they have before?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Possible lineup?
    David Guetta
    Skrillex
    Calvin Harris
    Snoop dog
    If promoters are reading :) this please get these:
    Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
    Afrojack

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Really hope Green Day aren't playing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Possible lineup?
    David Guetta
    Skrillex
    Calvin Harris
    Snoop dog
    If promoters are reading :) this please get these:
    Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
    Afrojack

I'm feeling nauseous just reading that, HORRIBLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm feeling nauseous just reading that, HORRIBLE!
    Yeah I did not say I would like to see that lol
    but they are the ''superstar djs'' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Nicky Romero, Snoop and Dre.

That'd get me excited

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

Nicky Romero, Snoop and Dre.

That'd get me excited

I sincerely hope not! Swedish house mafia in the phoenix park round 2! Never gonna happen but I think they should have separate dance festival (e.g creamfields) , one for the indie rockers, and another with hip-hop/pop (rihanna, lady gaga, snoop, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Daft punk aren't touring this year.

Source?

Advertisement