Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

I assumed the Killers would be a good bet for a Phoenix park gig. Maybe the Script and Mumford and Sons would get their own days as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

I assumed the Killers would be a good bet for a Phoenix park gig. Maybe the Script and Mumford and Sons would get their own days as well.

Kings of Leon and Mumford would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Sorry Im lost, my phoenix park gig do you mean longitude or where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

How come people are mentioning the Killers etc for Oxegen? It's going to be a dance/hip hop festival? Or am I missing out on an in joke?

I doubt it will be strictly dance and hip-hop. I expect it will stick to artists that get commercial radio play and reduce the number of stages to 3 or 4. I'd say it will lean towards the kind of lineups you find at the V Festival in the UK which has become quite pop-based in recent years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder will they bother with the PP gigs this year , since Longitude is 3 days in Marlay Park and with Rihanna and Robbie Williams also doing big outdoor gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

I suppose it depends on whether MCD want to take advantage of their relationship with the Tennets Festival. The current headline acts for the Tennets festival wouldn't suit Oxegen if it was to become more "dance and hip hop orientated" and they would be too big for the longtitude festival( that's if longtitude is keeping in line witht the latitude festival previous headliners). I'd say the killers, the script and Mumford and sons would have little difficulty in selling out outdoor gigs this summer and Phoenix park would be the most likely location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I suppose it depends on whether MCD want to take advantage of their relationship with the Tennets Festival. The current headline acts for the Tennets festival wouldn't suit Oxegen if it was to become more "dance and hip hop orientated" and they would be too big for the longtitude festival( that's if longtitude is keeping in line witht the latitude festival previous headliners). I'd say the killers, the script and Mumford and sons would have little difficulty in selling out outdoor gigs this summer and Phoenix park would be the most likely location.

Do we know if any planning permission has been applied for concerts at the Phoenix Park at all ? I haven't heard but I do remember that the OPW were less that impressed with the state of the place after last summers three gigs and that the fencing was left up for ages afterwards as the grass was having such a hard time recovering.

Of course money talks and bullsh1t walks at the end of the day. But has anyone actually seen planning applications go in for the Park, my guess is they would be due by now if MCD are planning more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

RATM wrote: »
    Do we know if any planning permission has been applied for concerts at the Phoenix Park at all ? I haven't heard but I do remember that the OPW were less that impressed with the state of the place after last summers three gigs and that the fencing was left up for ages afterwards as the grass was having such a hard time recovering.

Of course money talks and bullsh1t walks at the end of the day. But has anyone actually seen planning applications go in for the Park, my guess is they would be due by now if MCD are planning more of the same.
    there's no planning applications on the DL-R CC site for Marlay Park for Longitude yet, so if there were PP gigs, it might be a while yet before they're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Pretty sure planning permisson for gigs has changed this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

In what way ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

In what way ?

It takes much less time to achieve it. I'm not 100% on that but it has changed certainly in some respects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Do you think Justin Timberlake will play Oxegen? It was announced that he is playing Wireless in July. Not sure as Oxegen is on August this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ciaramc wrote: »
    Do you think Justin Timberlake will play Oxegen? It was announced that he is playing Wireless in July. Not sure as Oxegen is on August this year.

It could be a real possibility, would fit in with the 'pop' line as well..
    Will be interesting to see who plays Longitude, should give us some idea then..

Surely MCD will announce oxegen sooner rather then later..

V Festival announcement . They also said they have a european festival exclusive so i presume its on Beyonce
    LineUp_Final.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It could be a real possibility, would fit in with the 'pop' line as well..
    Will be interesting to see who plays Longitude, should give us some idea then..

Surely MCD will announce oxegen sooner rather then later..

Its getting dangerously close to the later stage now I would say.

Granted they did announce Robbie Williams, so I wouldn't completely rule out unexpected Oxegen news.

I can actually understand single concerts, but big festivals should have more notice than this. A lot of continental music fans will have their tickets sorted for other festivals, MCD should keep that in mind as the wait for Oxegen news draws even further.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

karaokeman wrote: »
    Its getting dangerously close to the later stage now I would say.

Granted they did announce Robbie Williams, so I wouldn't completely rule out unexpected Oxegen news.

I can actually understand single concerts, but big festivals should have more notice than this. A lot of continental music fans will have their tickets sorted for other festivals, MCD should keep that in mind as the wait for Oxegen news draws even further.

a minority at Oxegen, it has a woeful international rep

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Didn't Oxegen win best European festival at some stage? That doesn't prove any kind of rep as I don't think these things are voted by the public, probably a lobbying contest, but interesting you say the rep is woeful overseas.

Mind you, it ain't great here either, but I think it has some redeeming features, still unparalleled in terms of bringing that size an internationally renowned lineup into 3 days (as it was). But the bad rep was earned too, plenty of gougers plying their trade.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Jeden wrote: »
    Didn't Oxegen win best European festival at some stage? That doesn't prove any kind of rep as I don't think these things are voted by the public, probably a lobbying contest, but interesting you say the rep is woeful overseas.

Mind you, it ain't great here either, but I think it has some redeeming features, still unparalleled in terms of bringing that size an internationally renowned lineup into 3 days (as it was). But the bad rep was earned too, plenty of gougers plying their trade.

well i'm going by people who work festivals throughout the uk and europe, they follow the circuit and avoid oxegen based on its reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Big announcement being made this evening according to music scene Ireland. Wonder could this be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Big announcement being made this evening according to music scene Ireland. Wonder could this be it?

Longitude, no? Being announced at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nope, It's Longitude at 7 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ah right. Well, its something anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

maximoose wrote: »
    Longitude, no? Being announced at 7pm

Presume that time is so that people working till 5 or 6 can make the launch but wonder will it make tomorrow's paper - I've no idea what time they go to print but I presume most of the stories would have been written up by then.. Assume it'll be posted online anyways!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Presume that time is so that people working till 5 or 6 can make the launch but wonder will it make tomorrow's paper - I've no idea what time they go to print but I presume most of the stories would have been written up by then.. Assume it'll be posted online anyways!
    around 11-12 is generally print deadline, plenty of time for it to be in tomorrow's papers.
    press releases will probably be out by now anyway and under reporting embargo until 7pm, i know when the EP launch was on at 7 a few years ago, the press releases were out just after lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

around 11-12 is generally print deadline, plenty of time for it to be in tomorrow's papers.
    press releases will probably be out by now anyway and under reporting embargo until 7pm, i know when the EP launch was on at 7 a few years ago, the press releases were out just after lunch time.

Ah that makes sense, cheers!

Chances are the papers already have the press release

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0227/breaking49.html
    The line-up for the Oxegen music festival, which takes place on the August Bank Holiday weekend in Punchestown Racecourse, will be announced shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

Just heard from my mate who was at the longitude launch last nite that Calvin Harris & The Basement Jaxx are two Headliners from Oxegen. I would say both on Vodafone stage but thats not confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

smileyp123 wrote: »
    I would say both on Vodafone stage but thats not confirmed

The festival isn't confirmed. Never mind your guesses at stages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

Synode wrote: »
    The festival isn't confirmed. Never mind your guesses at stages

Your entitled to your opinion but i can tell you now calvin harris and basement jaxx are two headliners maybe not main stage but the second stage. Also the festival wont be announced until friday two weeks in order to promote longitude first which goes on sale monday

Advertisement