Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Synode wrote: »
    The festival isn't confirmed. Never mind your guesses at stages

MCD havve confirmed oxegen on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Synode wrote: »
    The festival isn't confirmed. Never mind your guesses at stages

Yeah Oxegen was confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Apologies I didn't realise it has been.

Example said on his facebook page that he has 5 more festivals to confirm in the UK and Ireland. Can't see that being anything else but Oxegen really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Example said on his facebook page that he has 5 more festivals to confirm in the UK and Ireland. Can't see that being anything else but Oxegen really.

Yea id say Oxegen or Belsonic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Hope he is at oxegen this year :D
    Missed him in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Example was half decent as a rap act, but since he turned into a bubblegum dance act he's awful. But it seems that's the kind of festival Oxegen will be this year anyway.

Missed him in 2011

Yeah tent was wedged.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Will they ever just ****ing announce the lineup!! Want to go to Blur and Forbidden Fruit...Want to wait and see whos playing Oxegen first though

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digitalfunk

They missed out on xmas sales and now ppl are gonna want forbidden fruit, longitude,etc tickets. I've a feeling it's gonna be a 2 day,no camping with cheaper tickets given the 'short' notice and economic climate!

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Different markets though, the people that are buying tickets to see Kraftwerk / Phoenix / Iam / Chic / Austra are probably not going to bother with Oxegen in the first place, especially now that its focusing more on radio friendly / dance / "hip hop".

Would people bother trecking it to Punchestown if there is no camping?

Hopefully its a 2 day camping festival.

Definitly wouldnt go if theres no camping! Unless Arctic Monkeys or Daft Punk were there (HIGHLY UNLIKELY!)

Yeah let's be honest no one would go to oxegen if there was no camping
    Camping is part of the experience lol plus it's out of the way so it would be to much effort to go just for the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

They would have to get Paul Mccartney and Daft Punk as headliners for me to go if there was no camping

smileyp123 wrote: »
    Your entitled to your opinion but i can tell you now calvin harris and basement jaxx are two headliners maybe not main stage but the second stage. Also the festival wont be announced until friday two weeks in order to promote longitude first which goes on sale monday
    Still reckon Oxegen be announced Friday week?

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Still reckon Oxegen be announced Friday week?
    I say they will announce it by the end of the month

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Camping is part of the experience lol plus it's out of the way so it would be to much effort to go just for the day...

i would say that puts off alot of people even going

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I usually go for the three days without camping.Maybe i'm just an old man,but sharing such a small space with agro young fellas out of their heads and incompetent security guards just doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

contact mcd ‏@mcd_productions

Big announcement coming tomorrow folks, make sure you keep an eye on our Twitter page...

Phoenix Park or Oxegen???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Green Day in Marlay Park. Bet it's that

Not sure if they'll get licensing again in phoenix or if GD could sell that many. Know they where announced yesterday for Reading and Leeds so it seems on par for them to have a warmup gig over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Phoenix Park gigs I would imagine - Justin Timberlake for 1 night and Killers and Mumford & Sons for another.
    I think that Oxegen, like EP, will be scrapped this year.

I doubt Oxegen will be scrapped it was confirmed last month by one of MCD's owners.

like how Slane was confirmed last year by MCD and Montcharles, unless it is officially put up with a date and price nothing is in stone

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaronAmith

For the love of god please just be Oxegen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

allanb49 wrote: »
    Not sure if they'll get licensing again in phoenix or if GD could sell that many. Know they where announced yesterday for Reading and Leeds so it seems on par for them to have a warmup gig over here

If the get a strong support i can see it selling well tbh . Since they have'nt played here on the new album(s) cycle

like how Slane was confirmed last year by MCD and Montcharles, unless it is officially put up with a date and price nothing is in stone
    True...
    But would they tell us that the dates are changed??

true but they also haven't changed there setlist since 2002.

New song
    New song
    American Idiot Song
    American Idiot Song
    New Song
    New Song
    American Idiot Song
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    BasketCase
    She
    King for a Day
    Shout
    Minority
    Wake me up
    Good Riddance

I think they're a great band live but some diversity in the set list would be great

Just did a quick setlist fm check last 2 shows
    1.99 Revolutions
    2.Know Your Enemy
    3.Stay the Night Play Video
    4.Stop When the Red Lights Flash
    5.Letterbomb Play Video
    6.Oh Love Play Video
    7.Holiday Play Video
    8.Boulevard of Broken Dreams Play Video
    9.Hitchin' a Ride Play Video
    10.Brain Stew Play Video
    (with bits of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Highway to Hell, Master of Puppets, Rock and Roll before)
    11.St. Jimmy
    12.Going to Pasalacqua
    13.Burnout
    14.Coming Clean
    15.Longview
    16.Basket Case
    17.She
    18.King for a Day
    19.Shout / Stand by Me / Hey Jude
    20.Minority
    21.Encore:
    21.American Idiot
    22.Jesus of Suburbia

true but they also haven't changed there setlist since 2002.

New song
    New song
    American Idiot Song
    American Idiot Song
    New Song
    New Song
    American Idiot Song
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    Dookie - Nimrod Era
    BasketCase
    She
    King for a Day
    Shout
    Minority
    Wake me up
    Good Riddance

I think they're a great band live but some diversity in the set list would be great

Just did a quick setlist fm check last 2 shows

Those shows are both toyr warm ups, and they play the songs people love, if they dudnt people would complain..

GD with all time low & the kaiser chiefs(same as emirates) would sell.

Would love GD, but probably oxegen.

thought the two previous shows where 99 revolutions tour shows. But pretty much the setlist won't change beyond that.

I know they play songs people love, no doubt about that but do some stuff other than the hits, play jar, scattered, warning, some more stuff off nimrod and insomniac etc rather than the same tunes over and over

• Advertisement

thought the two previous shows where 99 revolutions tour shows. But pretty much the setlist won't change beyond that.

I know they play songs people love, no doubt about that but do some stuff other than the hits, play jar, scattered, warning, some more stuff off nimrod and insomniac etc rather than the same tunes over and over
    They played JAR, pasalacqua and coming clean, along with letterbomb so far :)
    Hope continues, nice to see rarites.. and hopefully drop king for a day..

Advertisement