Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Can't see Oxegen or EP happening why no hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭I Luv Crysis

Can't see Oxegen or EP happening why no hype?

Much smaller and different festival this year (Oxegen) , it's only really the name and location that are the same. Everything else (number of days, time of year, ticket price, type of bands playing, number of stages, etc) looks like it will be different. The old Oxegen era of circa 2006-2007 is all but a distant memory :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Much smaller and different festival this year (Oxegen) , it's only really the name and location that are the same. Everything else (number of days, time of year, ticket price, type of bands playing, number of stages, etc) looks like it will be different. The old Oxegen era of circa 2006-2007 is all but a distant memory :-(

Two years surely can't be considered an era!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Two years surely can't be considered an era!

End of a yeara?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digitalfunk

a few real headliners like status quo or simply red would be nice to see

make it a real festival like

as it is its just for the kids - no attraction for an older crowd

but if they got a few bands with cross-generational appeal it might work

m people, travis, wet wet wet - the kind of bands everyone likes

if its going to survive it has to have a broad appeal like that

personally id love to see the corrs back on the road and playing oxygen

Good taste, but it's not 1995.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

It's going ahead. Will be a complete Dance/Hip-hop vibe.

Some headliners:

Calvin Harris, Basement Jaxx, Alesso, Otto Knows, Of Monsters and Men & Two door cinema club.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Some headliners:

Calvin Harris, Basement Jaxx, Alesso, Otto Knows, Of Monsters and Men & Two door cinema club.

Complete dance and hip hop vibe and then you mention Of Monsters and Men & Two door cinema club:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Can't go to any of the Phoenix Park gigs so hope Lineup for Oxegen will be good. Just wish they would announce it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Some headliners:

An absolute knack fest then basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Some headliners:

Two Door Cinema Club are in Canada that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Two Door Cinema Club are in Canada that weekend.

But I read on boards.ie that they're playing. It must be true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

But I read on boards.ie that they're playing. It must be true :pac:

I don't see on their website that they are in Canada that weekend. In Spain end of July and France (I think) end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I don't see on their website that they are in Canada that weekend. In Spain end of July and France (I think) end of August.
    their website isn't very up to date.

http://www.last.fm/music/Two+Door+Cinema+Club/+events
    http://www.parcjeandrapeau.com/events/osheaga-festival/
    osheaga-lineup-2013-en.jpg

i suppose theoretically they could be playing there on the Friday, then make it back here to play on the Sunday night, very rare that a band would do that though, as it's tiring and all the gear has to be shipped back over.

Two door cinema club wouldn't be a savage booking anyway, not worth rushing them back from North America seeing as they play here a lot (including main stage at the last two Oxegens).

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

If it goes ahead I hope they don't make any serious cuts to things like security and paramedics.
    I felt safe knowing that there is multiple first aid tents

If it goes ahead I hope they don't make any serious cuts to things like security and paramedics.
    I felt safe knowing that there is multiple first aid tents

I doubt they're allowed to make big cuts to them. And a lot of those as well are order of Malta etc. Volunteers, always way more people volunteering for those things than they can take cause they get free weekend tickets for doing a couple of shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

allanb49 wrote: »
    true but they also haven't changed there setlist since 2002.

I think they're a great band live but some diversity in the set list would be great

On their 2009 and 2010 tours, they changed the setlist every single night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jaysus i'm half tempted to lock this and the EP thread till an official announcement, the amount of bull**** rumours being posted on both threads~

Ah sure, that's half the fun. A good substitute for the Football transfer window.

Jaysus i'm half tempted to lock this and the EP thread till an official announcement, the amount of bull**** rumours being posted on both threads~

Might as well merge them. That's what I heard they're doing with Oxegen and EP this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

So people aren't allowed talk on a forum :confused: Half the fun is people talking about who they want and who might play. You are here to be a moderator not stop people having fun posting things within the rules

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Might as well merge them. That's what I heard they're doing with Oxegen and EP this year?

Yea but they are gonna use both Punchestownd and Stradbally and run it like Reading and Leeds . With Eminem and Elton John headlining:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yea but they are gonna use both Punchestownd and Stradbally and run it like Reading and Leeds . With Eminem and Elton John headlining:cool:

Don't forget about Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Someone on here said the announcement will be tomorrow...
    Lets hope it is because if we hear noting soon I doubt it will going ahead because what are they going to do, Announce it a month before the date?

Lets hope it is because if we hear noting soon I doubt it will going ahead because what are they going to do, Announce it a month before the date?

The festival isn't until August. They're probably putting it off cause they have loads of other stuff to try and plug. There's 2 gigs at Slane, neither of which have sold out, there's going to be a couple of gigs at Phoenix park, they've just announced Longitude, there's a couple of gigs at the Aviva etc etc. Loads going on this Summer. A ticket for Oxegen is gonna cost a fortune. If you pay €60 for a Mumford and Sons ticket, you might still pay for an Oxegen ticket. But if you fork out €160+ for Oxegen first, you're probably much less likely to go and pay for another gig.

Electric Picnic isn't announced yet so they can sort of put it off for a little while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

elton-john-and-eminem.jpg

Eminem & Elton announced as revamped Oxegen headline act - rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Elton John ? Do MCD have any notion of the people who go to Oxegen and their target market

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digitalfunk

MCD are hardly going to book Eminem for another show, two weeks before his Slane date, which isn't even sold out. And Elton John at Oxegen would be just weird.

I'm thinking Kings of Leon, The Script (unfortunately):D, Greenday, Biffy Clyro, Stereophonics. Maybe Drake?

I'm thinking Kings of Leon, The Script (unfortunately):D, Greenday, Biffy Clyro, Stereophonics. Maybe Drake?

I'd say a couple of those will be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No, please don't do this Elton. :(

Just give us another Thomond Park concert instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

looking forward to seeing what duets they do other than Stan

Advertisement