Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hammer fights. Jaysus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Hammer fights. Jaysus.

it was pretty hardcore line up. lRazorlight, The Streets, The Prodigy, Ian Brown, Mylo, Paul Oakenfold, Audio Bullys & DJ Tiesto

i saw lads with two litre milk cartons with hald buckie half vodka and trying to down them in one go in races.

most people i worked with either went home at night or locked themselves in staff buildings at night

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I thought they went on sale on Friday? Maybe the headliners will be announced before Easter?
    Yeah I hope it is...i just want it to be confirmed that it is going ahead.

it was pretty hardcore line up. lRazorlight, The Streets, The Prodigy, Ian Brown, Mylo, Paul Oakenfold, Audio Bullys & DJ Tiesto

i saw lads with two litre milk cartons with hald buckie half vodka and trying to down them in one go in races.

most people i worked with either went home at night or locked themselves in staff buildings at night
    I believe you, I have heard some horror stories from planet love that was held in Fairyhouse a few years back.
    Unfortunately it a minority who ruin it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is it today it was rumoured to be announced?

https://twitter.com/entertainmentIE/status/315064868623482881
    MASSIVE gig announcement coming at 2pm today, folks. Stay tuned.

• Advertisement

is it today it was rumoured to be announced?

https://twitter.com/entertainmentIE/status/315064868623482881
    Don't think it will be oxegen...more than likely a Justin timberlake gig or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

The Killers, Frank Ocean, Two Door Cinema Club and Haim announced for Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I don't think JT is doing the Phoenix
    Park weekend because he seems to be at Wireless for the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

KC just announced on Today FM that he will be revealing Oxegen details next few weeks on his show!!!!!!!!!

KC just announced on Today FM that he will be revealing Oxegen details next week on his show!!!!!!!!!

Really??
    Anything will make me very happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Synode wrote: »
    A bit unfair. Creamfields and Homelands ran for years playing nothing but dance music and there was never any major trouble.
    I worked at HiFi festival here and it was a blood bath

I was at almost every large-scale dance event (indoor and outdoor) from 2000-2010, along with Witnness, Oxegen and the Picnic. I agree that dance music doesn't guarantee trouble, but certain types of dance music attracts certain types of people. There's no denying that.

Compare the atmosphere at the different sessions in the Point years ago. Godskitchen (hard dance) always had a rougher crowd than Winter Party (techno). WP were some of the most pleasurable gigs I was ever at, and it was largely down to the type of people in attendance. I can't say the same about Godskitchen. They were good gigs, but there were some serious looking dudes in there, and always dickheads hanging around the toilets intimidating people.

The same is true when you compare the hard dance tent with the house/techno tent at the other festivals. I remember walking into the Bugged Out! arena (house/techno) at Creamfields in 2001 and just handing myself over to the positive vibe in there. It was just great. The same was true of the Metalheadz arena (drum 'n' bass) There was plenty of attitude, but no bull**** and no thugs putting people on edge.

I should say that the majority of people I've met at gigs over the years have been sound, and there was always a good session to be had no matter where you were, or what genre of music was being played. But if you were looking for large amounts of rough people at any of those festivals, the hard dance tent was the place to go. I know that's gonna rub a few people up the wrong way, but lets call a spade a spade.

By the way, I'm not from Dublin, but I don't like when people blame this stuff on Dubliners. The worst shower of pricks I ever seen at a festival was at Global Gathering in Cork in 2005.

Next few weeks. Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Next few weeks hahahah my god

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Well they left it too late for my liking.
    I am going now to three smallish festivals instead. If I would have know for sure they will go ahead this yea,r I would have waited but I would have been raging if I had missed out on other great Gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Kings of Leon are surely going to headline Oxegen now, though i'd prefer if they played their own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm not going to fully rule out an Oxegen return, but what I don't understand is why MCD are waiting so long to get the ball running. It's Ireland's largest mainstream music festival, but for some reason every other big gig is ahead on any promoters priority list. Rihanna, The Killers, Mumford & Sons are all Oxegen-type acts, some mightn't have the money seen as how all of these gigs will have went on sale before Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seeming very like Green day fro oxegen.. unless they're the third Phoenix gig.. :/.. they've never not played Ireland on a tour so will be one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm not going to fully rule out an Oxegen return, but what I don't understand is why MCD are waiting so long to get the ball running. It's Ireland's largest mainstream music festival, but for some reason every other big gig is ahead on any promoters priority list. Rihanna, The Killers, Mumford & Sons are all Oxegen-type acts, some mightn't have the money seen as how all of these gigs will have went on sale before Oxegen.

But it has been confirmed and acts being announced on KC on Today fm this week and coming weeks

All those other gigs are separate for MCD

Green Day,Guetta,Example,Calvin Harris,Aviici,Kings of Leon,Emily Sande,basement jaxx etc etc are all doing Summer tours and are perfect for Oxegen

Mcd are promoting all these big gigs you mentioned and Oxegen so its a win win for them

Oxegen as a two day festival or even day tickets for a bank holiday weekend is just a great day out for lots of people.

Pretty much a win win for MCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Lineup is available at last;

yamfposter.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

^ That parody poster is old news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Any info on Oxegen going ahead yet?

Just by Today FM saying they were to announce something this week, hasn't happened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Any info on Oxegen going ahead yet?

Just by Today FM saying they were to announce something this week, hasn't happened yet?

Nah haven't heard anything. Its mental how long it's taking this year. I saw MCD put up on facebook that next Monday they'd be giving out more details about Longitude so they might announce something next week?

Yeah I get that they've got other stuff to sell. But 4 months to go now. Could be a good sign though, they must be pretty confident with whatever they've booked :pac:

Yeah I get that they've got other stuff to sell. But 4 months to go now. Could be a good sign though, they must be pretty confident with whatever they've booked :pac:

Its sickening waiting like. True, I'm heading to Creamfields but unless the line up is awful, i'd say I'll go for a day at least. Tiesto said on his twitter that he hopes to be playing Ireland this summer, that was a few months back, so he could well be a possibility considering it's meant to be a dance/hip hop festival this year.

Yeah if itdoes go ahead it will be much smaller than previous years.
    Or they go swedish house mafia to play one for the last timee

Yeah if itdoes go ahead it will be much smaller than previous years.
    Or they go swedish house mafia to play one for the last timee

That defo won't happen. Might have them individually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Jack Beats just confirmed through Songkick for Oxegen '13.. Must mean an announcement soon

yermandan wrote: »
    Jack Beats just confirmed through Songkick for Oxegen '13.. Must mean an announcement soon

Yeah interesting, fits the dance/hip hop bill alright.

yermandan wrote: »
    Not a bad at all
    Hope there is more announcements later today.

• Advertisement

Not a bad at all
    Hope there is more announcements later today.

Yeah lets hope, Jack Beats wont be a headliner obviously but he'd be one to see :)

Advertisement