Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Anything to be said for muse? They are touring Europe and they always come to Ireland and there is a two week gap between the end of July and the Middle of August in their tour. I hope so if it's all dance and chart acts I wont be wasting my money. Bring back Rock N Roll!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kg703 wrote: »
    Anything to be said for muse? They are touring Europe and they always come to Ireland and there is a two week gap between the end of July and the Middle of August in their tour. I hope so if it's all dance and chart acts I wont be wasting my money. Bring back Rock N Roll!!!!!

They could do the 2nd night of T-Vital?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 baallbag

Muse said after their concert in the 02 that they would be doing the aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

srm23 wrote: »
    if all them arent available, who would be left to play oxegen.
    or it'll be a very different line-up then the usual chart stuff

I would expect a lot of dance acts, a good few of which have been mentioned already. And I think there's a good chance of Kings of Leon and Green Day as well. Other than that, I would guess that some of the following will be there: Professor Green, Rita Ora, Little Mix, Labrinth, Olly Murs, Rizzle Kicks, Maverick Sabre, Fun., Of Monsters and Men, Paloma Faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Surely it's not going ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    I would expect a lot of dance acts, a good few of which have been mentioned already. And I think there's a good chance of Kings of Leon and Green Day as well. Other than that, I would guess that some of the following will be there: Professor Green, Rita Ora, Little Mix, Labrinth, Olly Murs, Rizzle Kicks, Maverick Sabre, Fun., Of Monsters and Men, Paloma Faith.
    Example said he was playing a festival in Ireland, so probably Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Really? It's very strange you would imagine early bird tickets and all that would have been out over the past month or so.

Anyway would love to see Muse there. Possibly Paramore and Fall Out Boy as they're doing the summer festival scene this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I was convinced the lineup was going to be announced today. MCD are leaving it late now. I'll probably be left disappointed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 keeper1995

Electric Daisy Carnival is on in London 2 weeks before oxegen with acts like avicii hardwell,alesso, madoen Steve Angello and Tiesto so I'd say there might be a chance of some of them playing oxegen (if it actually goes ahead)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

keeper1995 wrote: »
    Electric Daisy Carnival is on in London 2 weeks before oxegen with acts like avicii hardwell,alesso, madoen Steve Angello and Tiesto so I'd say there might be a chance of some of them playing oxegen (if it actually goes ahead)

Stab vests at the ready then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

What is taking them thought it was out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

al gibbs (irish dj) put it on his facebook page this evening that he'll be playing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

John Gibbons also irish Dj has confirmed he will be playing both days of Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 9 oxegenthief

Emailed the people at Punchestown Racecourse and asked for any information, got this a my reply.

Hi

Unfortunately at this stage, we don’t have any news in relation Oxegen 2013. Hopefully MCD will make an announcement in the near future.

Regards.

Not really to sure what to take from this but I'm thinking they may be about to cancel due to lack of headliners available or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Emailed the people at Punchestown Racecourse and asked for any information, got this a my reply.

Hi

Unfortunately at this stage, we don’t have any news in relation Oxegen 2013. Hopefully MCD will make an announcement in the near future.

Regards.

Not really to sure what to take from this but I'm thinking they may be about to cancel due to lack of headliners available or something?

What did you expect them to say? They would be fined, i imagine, if they released any information about Oxegen.

Not really sure what I expected although I feel they may have just left it too late to go announcing it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Not really sure what I expected although I feel they may have just left it too late to go announcing it now?

2 acts self confirmed over the past few days. It is going ahead.

They are leaving it very late, imo too late. MCD obviously think leaving it this late will not affect the ticket sales. We will just have to wait and see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

kings of leon.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Tiesto .. banker

Snoop Dogg is playing, subject to the festival going ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

smileyp123 wrote: »

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Does Snoop still play as Snoop Dogg or is he Snoop Lion for his live shows now?

All of he's up coming tour dates he is playing as Snoop Dogg but there was something recently bout him going as Snoop Lion, either way tis still the same rap music.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Press launch is Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

smileyp123 wrote: »
    Not really a much of fan but he was good fun at Oxegen 2005. He had all his posse out on stage with him and some hash plants as well (probably weren't real ones). I smoked a few Js with my friends during the set and ended up dancing with some random girl. Made for a great festival moment.

"Press launch is Monday" where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

From an organisation who are attending

Pulse8 wrote: »
    From an organisation who are attending

I hope you're right....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digitalfunk

eiresandra wrote: »
    Announcement on Wed 10th.

So, this was just an attention seeking comment? :D

Let's hope the "Press launch is Monday" comment is true!

Anywho, I think its safe to say that Kings of Leon, Basement Jaxx, Jack Beats and Calvin Harris are all playing. Personally, I think the delay is due to the current Phoenix Park resident meetings. There's one more show to be announced and it's rumoured to be Justin Timberlake, so maybe they're waiting to announce this or get declined, then announce Oxegen, with or without JT, depending on if the residents object to a third concert.

Just a guess. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So, this was just an attention seeking comment? :D

Let's hope the "Press launch is Monday" comment is true!

Anywho, I think its safe to say that Kings of Leon, Basement Jaxx, Jack Beats and Calvin Harris are all playing. Personally, I think the delay is due to the current Phoenix Park resident meetings. There's one more show to be announced and it's rumoured to be Justin Timberlake, so maybe they're waiting to announce this or get declined, then announce Oxegen, with or without JT, depending on if the residents object to a third concert.

Just a guess. :)
    doubt it, acts will have been booked months ago, headliners since Xmas at latest. Timberlake and his management wouldn't entertain being told that they "you might be wanted to play on this date, or maybe we'll want you 6 weeks later, we won't know until 3 months before".
    e: Timberlake is playing in America on Oxegen weekend anyway...

Advertisement