Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

smileyp123 wrote: »
    All of he's up coming tour dates he is playing as Snoop Dogg but there was something recently bout him going as Snoop Lion, either way tis still the same rap music.

If he's playing as Snoop Lion then it's not at all. Though the whole thing could be a complete fad!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

So, this was just an attention seeking comment? :D

Let's hope the "Press launch is Monday" comment is true!

Anywho, I think its safe to say that Kings of Leon, Basement Jaxx, Jack Beats and Calvin Harris are all playing. Personally, I think the delay is due to the current Phoenix Park resident meetings. There's one more show to be announced and it's rumoured to be Justin Timberlake, so maybe they're waiting to announce this or get declined, then announce Oxegen, with or without JT, depending on if the residents object to a third concert.

Just a guess. :)

Press release on Monday makes sense if Kings of Leon playing. See the Vital tickets today then release Oxegen details Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Does Snoop still play as Snoop Dogg or is he Snoop Lion for his live shows now?

simply quoting due to your epic username

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't know how many times someone has anticipated a press release date where it was either;
    1) no announcement
    2) an announcement unrelated to Oxegen

Oh the excitement for monday:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

BTW the 10th was the original intended date so OP wasnt far wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

For the love of god it better be Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i would have thought there'd be tweets/articles from PR people/music journalists/radio stations about any event/announcement on Monday at this stage if it was happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

I dunno if this is the actual official Oxegen twitter account but they seem to be suggesting there is going to be an announcement today....https://twitter.com/OfficialOxegen

Will keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Jeden wrote: »
    I dunno if this is the actual official Oxegen twitter account but they seem to be suggesting there is going to be an announcement today....https://twitter.com/OfficialOxegen

Will keep an eye on it.

All I see is that the announcement is 'coming very soon' but I did see a tweet a few days ago an announcement happening this weekend. It does seem to be an official account as there's another Oxegen 2013 account which hasn't mentioned anything about announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Calling fake. The official account is https://twitter.com/oxegenofficial Why would they suddenly change to officialoxegen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Fake. MCD wouldn't be contacting radio stations on Twitter

The content of some of the previous tweets is definitely pointing towards a fake aswell

My guess is someone is hoping they can force an MCD statement if they make enough outlets report something is happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

timmywex wrote: »
    Fake. MCD wouldn't be contacting radio stations on Twitter

The content of some of the previous tweets is definitely pointing towards a fake aswell

Actually for gig announcements MCD use twitter to contact radio stations an awful lot, same with aiken.

Fake though.. an 'official' account wouldnt slag bieber.

Also an announcement on a sunday? Not a hope.

and on Thursday there was a tweet saying to expect a big announcement tomorrow. ie. Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Yeh, wasn't too sure, but from the looks of it prob is a fake alright.

Mid-April...it really is incredibly late not to have an announcement yet given the size of the festival (the biggest music festival in Ireland assuming it's not massively scaled back).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

There are so many of those fake Oxegen pages. On the shuttle bus back into Nass at the last Oxegen I was talking to a guy who was convinced that Eminem had cancelled the previous year, cause of that fake page with thousands of followers that announced Eminem had cancelled, like the day before he was supposed to play. Trollin' at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Yeah I don't understand why they are leaving it so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Just saw this in Naas

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Just saw this in Naas

Good idea bringing the capacity down to 50,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 keeper1995

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Just saw this in Naas

Festival Republic are the same crowd that do reading festival and Leeds festival so that can't be a bad sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So does that mean Oxegen is changing hands a bit? Would explain the delay in announcing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

So does that mean Oxegen is changing hands a bit? Would explain the delay in announcing it.

Seeing as that was dated on the 2nd of April would also seem right that an announcement could be made tomorrow?

Could they not find a locked filing cabinet in a disused toilet with a sign that says Beware of the Leopard? Amazing the patheticness of that. Looks like they couldn't even afford a ruler to cut it straight. I assume one of you is going to go look at the plans and report back?

3 days & camping.. thats more like it!

As if there ever was any doubt, Datf Punk have more or less confimed to Rolling Stone they will not be touring.

"We want to focus everything on the act and excitement of listening to the album. We don’t see a tour as an accessory to an album.When they do finally hit the road, he added, it will be with a career-encompassing set list, not one overly focused on the new material."

ttp://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-daft-punk-reveal-secrets-of-new-album-20130413#ixzz2QRyEMJXw

Mr.S wrote: »
    we already knew this non?

thought it was originally down, at least accoring to hot press as a 2 day with no camping?
    I might be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

They could never have had held it in Punchestown without camping. Can't be expecting people to make the trek up and back for two/three days

bennyl10 wrote: »
    thought it was originally down, at least accoring to hot press as a 2 day with no camping?
    I might be wrong though
    you're probably right, as Hot Press just reprint rumours from everywhere, including here, and generally don't have a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 oxegenthief

Anyone know who is going to make this announcement? Or where it will be? Or if it will even happen?

Advertisement