Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anyone know who is going to make this announcement? Or where it will be? Or if it will even happen?

MCD's site, facebook and twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

bennyl10 wrote: »
    3 days & camping.. thats more like it!

Campsites only opening at 2pm on the Friday with entertainment facilities from 4pm. I'd imagine if the main stages etc were running on Friday they'd have the campsite opened at 9am.

My guess would be some DJs and small bands on Friday evening, full set-up on Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Is it being announced today? Nothing mentioned online.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So it's on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

So is a different crowd running it this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

So is a different crowd running it this year?

Nah see above, Festival Republic is MCD essentially, just changing up who is applying for the application for whatever reason. Did the same for the Phoenix park gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 9 oxegenthief

lordgoat wrote: »
    So it's on then.

What's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

What's this?

Back away oxegenthief, you won't steal our festival again!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Apparently word is that the goalposts have once again been moved by MCD with now no definite date for announcement in sight, was orig the 10th.....then today....& now possibly this week or early next, bit of a mess :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed, haven't read it anywhere?

Just going by the planning notice posted earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Apparently word is that the goalposts have once again been moved by MCD with now no definite date for announcement in sight, was orig the 10th.....then today....& now possibly this week or early next, bit of a mess :confused:

It's getting ridiculous now. They know people are waiting for an announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

This is ridiculous now.

Few news articles showing the planning application picture around today, hopefully will help push towards an announcement soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

why they chose that weekend, will lose loads of people to galway races

srm23 wrote: »

Big crossover from horsey types and teenagers madouvva?

It's a bank holiday weekend, I went into work Monday morning once after Oxegen, never again :P

Probably more concerned that the festival clashes with Castlepalooza and Indiependence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 keeper1995

Emailed Festival Republic asking if there was going to be an announcement soon and this is all I got back, bit of a joke tbh!

"There has been no announcement as to where and when Oxegen will take place this year."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

keeper1995 wrote: »
    Emailed Festival Republic asking if there was going to be an announcement soon and this is all I got back, bit of a joke tbh!

"There has been no announcement as to where and when Oxegen will take place this year."

You should email them back saying everyone has changed their minds and have chosen other festivals to go to, too late to launch now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

keeper1995 wrote: »

Well they are hardly gonna tell you anything about Oxegen until they are ready to announce OXegen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

They already announced Oxegen sure, and didnt they say the acts would be announced in late Febuary?

• Advertisement

Can't believe people are emailing in. They're hardly gonna reply "Yeah Muse are headlining, gonna be class, but keep it a secret".

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lmeb86

I emailed Festival Republic and revived the exact same email back......

There has been no announcement as to where and when Oxegen will take place this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I emailed them too, they told me if it was or wasn't on and who would and wouldn't be playing. I guess you just must have been unlucky who replied to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

my inside source who works in the industry told me Oxegen is now a 7 day festival on an Island. True story. Press event on Monday at 5:45am in the Dail.

Source ??

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mine said the original Beatles were headlining ?

Somethings off with these emails.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Clashing with Bob Marley appearently

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Parker Brown

They seem to be leaving it late enough. I can't see it going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Parker Brown

What has a horse racing festival got to do with Oxegen? The people that go to Oxegen are hardly going to be going to the Galway Races with their buds.

my inside source who works in the industry told me Oxegen is now a 7 day festival on an Island. True story. Press event on Monday at 5:45am in the Dail.

God I hope it's not Achill.

• Advertisement

They seem to be leaving it late enough. I can't see it going ahead.

On the contrary, very confident of it going ahead, just awaiting announcement.

Advertisement