Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Can't believe people are emailing in. They're hardly gonna reply "Yeah Muse are headlining, gonna be class, but keep it a secret".

It'd be cool if they could let us know when to expect a full press release with a bit more info than what we've had.

How long they've expected us to wait is just a joke though, a lot of people are losing interest at this stage.

I'd believe Mr. S's story, but if its going ahead I would expect Punchestown and early August because that's all we've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AviciioConnor

Can't believe people are emailing in. They're hardly gonna reply "Yeah Muse are headlining, gonna be class, but keep it a secret".

That sounded more like they where e-mailing in to see if there's going to be an announcement if it's going ahead or not! I don't think anyones that stupid to ask what acts are playing haha anyway I'd say a lot of edm acts are ruled out cause Zedd music festival is on the same date in Toronto with a good few big DJs attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I'd say a lot of edm acts are ruled out cause Zedd music festival is on the same date in Toronto with a good few big DJs attending.

VELD music festival. Zedd is an artist

Deadmau5, Steve Aoki, Above & Beyond, Kaskade, Dada life, Steve Angello all playing it

Tiesto in Finland July 28th, and in England late August so wouldnt be suprised if he announced for Oxegen, David Guetta in France the week before aswell so a possibility

Boys Noise/Fake Blood/A Trak all around Europe that time as well i think. Plenty of dance artists to choose from no doubt :P

timmywex wrote: »
    VELD music festival. Zedd is an artist

Deadmau5, Steve Aoki, Above & Beyond, Kaskade, Dada life, Steve Angello all playing it

Tiesto in Finland July 28th, and in England late August so wouldnt be suprised if he announced for Oxegen, David Guetta in France the week before aswell so a possibility

Boys Noise/Fake Blood/A Trak all around Europe that time as well i think. Plenty of dance artists to choose from no doubt :P

Sorry my bad was listening to clarity by him when I was typing it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That sounded more like they where e-mailing in to see if there's going to be an announcement if it's going ahead or not! I don't think anyones that stupid to ask what acts are playing haha
    we know it's going ahead though, someone from MCD/FR said it would in the papers a few weeks back, and gave us the dates, several acts have already confirmed that they're playing, and the planning applications have already been posted. not really sure what else people are expecting before the lineup announcement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Deanomac

They must have some reason for stalling so long? Lack of acts maybe? If they had any sense they would change the date and not have it clashing with lollapalooza, oshega and veld all great festivals and greats acts that will surely not be attending oxegen! They have this very badly prepared, if this doesn't go well this year it will be the end of oxegen! People are really getting restless for this announcement and it's getting beyond a joke! Also with tickets not on sale yet I would say a lot of people already have tickets bought for other concerts during summer like slane and Phoenix park gigs and will not go to oxegen. far to much unorganised!! Get the finger out oxegen, your going to have to perform a miracle at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Don't know if it means anything but the Megaphone guy who hides in the bushes has just been online on Facebook for the first time in a year or so.

Maybe a sign of an upcoming announcement?

Oxegen Microphone Man
    Haven't been on here in ages. . . anyone around?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Don't know if it means anything but the Megaphone guy who hides in the bushes has just been online on Facebook for the first time in a year or so.

Oxegen Microphone Man

Just checked that page. Changed cover photo to Oxegen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

ciaranf92 wrote: »

Oxegen Microphone Man

Well that's a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 21 baallbag

Oxegen was just advertised on FM104 so obviously its happening we all just have to be patient for them to make an official announcement. It has to be this week or the next when they make an announcement or else there just leaving way to little time

• Advertisement

baallbag wrote: »
    Oxegen was just advertised on FM104 so obviously its happening we all just have to be patient for them to make an official announcement. It has to be this week or the next when they make an announcement or else there just leaving way to little time

What did the advert say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i heard i105 saying something about a competition for tickets earlier today (didn't catch it properly as i was in the gym), but can't see anything on their website....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 baallbag

Deanomac wrote: »
    What did the advert say?

Just mentioned that oxegen was on in the gig guide, just mentioned the dates and that its on in punchestown nothing we dont know alreadys, first bit of advertising i've heard for it though, also two tickets for oxegen were raffled off at a private function about two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

baallbag wrote: »
    Just mentioned that oxegen was on in the gig guide, just mentioned the dates and that its on in punchestown nothing we dont know alreadys, first bit of advertising i've heard for it though, also two tickets for oxegen were raffled off at a private function about two weeks ago

Haha MCD love giving out info :P

I radio have a competition up on there website as well
    http://www.iradio.ie/page-2

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JayConlon91

hard to tell if its on at all

hard to tell if its on at all

It is sure Calvin Harris has it on his tour list on his website and Jack Beats do too.

thank god ha im mad to go like was just worried it wouldnt be on..wonder if any other acts have signed up yet

thank god ha im mad to go like was just worried it wouldnt be on..wonder if any other acts have signed up yet

Ya im bursting for the line up like haha

same mate its wreckin my head that there leaving it so late :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

I have it from someone that works in the "industry" or the "company" I should say that there's a press release and announcement about Oxegen 2013 tomorrow at 1pm in a well known record shop in Dublin CC.

Pinewoo wrote: »
    I have it from someone that works in the "industry" or the "company" I should say that there's a press release and announcement about Oxegen 2013 tomorrow at 1pm in a well known record shop in Dublin CC.

I don't know whether to believe this or not, every other so called press release didn't come off!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

Deanomac wrote: »
    I don't know whether to believe this or not, every other so called press release didn't come off!

I don't know if I believe it either, he's a bit of a waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Oh interesting!

I don't know if I believe it either, he's a bit of a waffler.

I hope to god this friend off yours is telling the truth, cause I'm getting restless waiting for this :(

Ah sure that's prob just another made up rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Bob Marley is headlining, you heard it here first

MCD announce it on Twitter! First acts Monday and its 75 euro cheaper than 2011 for 24 hours. Tickets on sale 26th April :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Jaysus they finally bothered to announce it in a surprise fashion :P
    MCD wrote:
    We are delighted to announce that OXEGEN is back!! August bank holiday weekend and for 24 hrs only we are giving you the chance to save €75 on 2011 ticket prices. Tickets are on sale at 8am on Friday 26 April at Ticketmaster Ireland

3 Day Weekend Camping €149.50 (including of booking fee)
    2 Day weekend, non-camping €129.50 (including of booking fee)

The first acts on the line up will be unveiled on Monday exclusively through OXEGEN.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Bout facking time!

Advertisement