Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I am not referring to the 150euro price ... I am referring to the 225euro price which is over 75euro/day

Where have they said that full price tickets will be 225 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

smileyp123 wrote: »
    Id say 5.

A main stage
    second outdoor stage.
    Big Tent
    The big building which was the dance arena
    I think someone said before a small tent for up n coming bands
    isn't that the same as before?
    with nearly 40% less people, i'd be surprised if everything was the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I am not referring to the 150euro price ... I am referring to the 225euro price which is over 75euro/day

€75 a day still isn't too bad.

Phoenix Park tickets were €61.50.

Blur at IMMA were €62.50

Both Slane gigs €79.50

All one day, one stage gigs with no extras.

Oxegen is a multi stage festival, much bigger line-up, with camping and other extras such as campsite entertainment, showers, funfairs etc etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

isn't that the same as before?
    with nearly 40% less people, i'd be surprised if everything was the same....

There used to be a red bull thing as well, so 6 I guess. But I don't think that was there either in 2011.

I wouldn't be surprised if the second open air stage went. Or the 4th stage (the 5,000 capacity tent). Sometimes late in the evening there was nobody in that.

With the reduced capacity I wonder how many stages there'll be this year.

I would have a guess that the arena will consist of;

1. Main Stage
    2. Heineken Tent (larger in size to compensate for removal of 2fm Tent)
    3. Red Bull Dance Arena
    4. Small tent for up and coming acts/local DJ's etc (2,000-5,000 capacity)

Extras such Bars, Barcadi Tent, Shops, Funfair, large indoor Heineken bar that used to be near the Vodafone Stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

I think €150 for a weekend ticket is a great price if you can get your ticket next week. I suppose the line up will determine the price your willing to pay. V festival in england is £190 plus booking fee for 2 days but to be fair is probably worth it as its a well run festival

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Where have they said that full price tickets will be 225 euro?

I just assume that's what they will charge... If not then they will probably go to 170euro... They may go up to 225euro though as it is only for 24 hours that you can save, usually early bird tickets last a few weeks...

A day of Tennents Vital is £50 which usually all the acts are pretty sweet and no moving from stage to stage... Also from past Oxegen experiences bands always seem to clash... You don't always get to see the bands you want... I missed the likes of Muse, Mumford and Sons, Pendulum and loads more due to clashing... Only got to see a few bands, whereas at Tennents Vital I got to see and enjoy them all without having to move around...

The Oxegen lineup won't be as good... Foo Fights, The Black Keys etc last year at Tennents Vital was an absolute bargain, as was Florence and Stone Roses..

Yeah €150 is good. But the only reason it's that price is because of being announced so late, and now they're in a panic to shift as many as they can.

Will be surprised if the price actually goes back up to €225 though. €75 is a huge saving discount for an early bird.

Yeah €150 is good. But the only reason it's that price is because of being announced so late, and now they're in a panic to shift as many as they can.

Will be surprised if the price actually goes back up to €225 though. €75 is a huge saving discount for an early bird.

I don't see why they would cause so much confusing and not tell us what the actual price will be after the 24 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

No panic, itll sell 50,000 no problem id reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Good to see the joke is finally up.

Suppose we'll be able to tell when the lineup is announced how many will still have €75-€150 to throw around after already purchasing tickets for other gigs this summer.

I don't see why they would cause so much confusing and not tell us what the actual price will be after the 24 hours...

Because save €75 on 2011 prices sounds better than save €40 if buy it next week basically.

But who knows maybe it will go back upto €225 or whatever.

Because save €75 on 2011 prices sounds better than save €40 if buy it next week basically.

But who knows maybe it will go back upto €225 or whatever.

Not really when it's 1 less music day? ...

Not really when it's 1 less music day? ...

Is it? ahh never mind so, thought it was 3 days music.

Well I am just assuming as the other ticket is 2 days non camping?... So I assume if they where going to have a weekend non camping it would be the amount of days that there would be music playing...

Back to original format.

Campsites open Friday with entertainment in the campsite that evening/night. (you'll need a 3 day camping ticket)

Arena will open at 12 noon (probably) on the Saturday and Sunday. (people with 2 days no camping can enter at these times).

Campsites will be cleared out Monday morning/early afternoon.

Should suit people a bit better considering its a Bank Holiday and a day less aswell. Less time required off work and reduced expenses!

Can't see the tickets going up to more than €180 including camping then. Awful jammy of MCD to advertise it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

The lineup section of the oxygen website has two posts but they're password protected. Is anyone good at guessing passwords????
    http://www.oxegen.ie/line-up-demo/

eim641 wrote: »
    The lineup section of the oxygen website has two posts but they're password protected. Is anyone good at guessing passwords????
    http://www.oxegen.ie/line-up-demo/

All I can see is the line-up from a previous year?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

All I can see is the line-up from a previous year?

I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

12375_10152288954080260_1030494791_n.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Green Day, Fall out boy, Kings of Leon, Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Chase and Status, Skrillex

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Green Day, Fall out boy, Kings of Leon, Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Chase and Status, Skrillex

That sounds horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That sounds horrendous

Yeh EP please announce soon for the sake of good taste.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

love if the stone roses played it...realistically they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

bennyl10 wrote: »

think-of-the-children.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

daft punk please so i can boogey all night long

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ricero wrote: »
    daft punk please so i can boogey all night long
    I'm going on holiday on the Sunday (hence enquiring if there's a day ticket) but if they're playing, I'd considering cancelling the hols entirely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Basq wrote: »
    I'm going on holiday on the Sunday (hence enquiring if there's a day ticket) but if they're playing, I'd considering cancelling the hols entirely!

i would also cancel if i was heading away, if i heard they were playing. new album sounds promising too. saw them back at oxegen 07 and they were incredible

Advertisement