Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Lads, Oxegen is meant to be a dance/rap festival this year hence why Longitude and other concerts such as Mumford and Sons and The Killers are on. Or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭klose

If theres no bands they can feck off however i would love to see dimitri vegas and like and boys noize there.

klose wrote: »
    If theres no bands they can feck off however i would love to see dimitri vegas and like and boys noize there.

Haha same, would love to see Arctic Monkeys, epic live!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

They may as well get Knife Party too, just for irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Melion wrote: »
    If im wrong on Monday ill grovel to your superior knowledge.

No superior knowledge at all. I just don't see why people post stuff from 'sources' that don't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

viv2 wrote: »
    Sorry about that :o would love to see them myself...why didnt they play a proper gig here anyway...sorry ot i know.

What about Walk the Moon ? They dont have anything lined up for the start of Aug :confused::confused::confused:

They will get here eventually ;) I remember I was mad to see MGMT after there Oxegen performance which I enjoyed from my tent (not knowing who it was) ... Then I went to them and met them and had great chat ... :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

They will get here eventually ;) I remember I was mad to see MGMT after there Oxegen performance which I enjoyed from my tent (not knowing who it was) ... Then I went to them and met them and had great chat ... :p

You heard MGMT from your tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Melion wrote: »
    You heard MGMT from your tent?

Yeah, at least I started to hear Kids from my tent then I was walking around trying to find out where it came from.. Then in the next Fifa game I remembered the song :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

barry194 wrote: »
    Lads, Oxegen is meant to be a dance/rap festival this year hence why Longitude and other concerts such as Mumford and Sons and The Killers are on. Or am I wrong?

It was rumoured to be a dance rap festival but that rumour disappeared very quickly. The outdoor gigs such as Marlay park have always been on regardless of oxegens existence

I would imagine though there'll be a dance stage, which'll be entirely EDM nd hiphop and a separate main stage which will have more rock/pop acts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yeah, at least I started to hear Kids from my tent then I was walking around trying to find out where it came from.. Then in the next Fifa game I remembered the song :p

Must have some ears to have heard them considering they were playing in a tent near the main stage in 2008.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    The festival is focusing more on Dance/hiphop/radio chart bands.

reported by anything other than hot press? have had nothing confirmed by MCD..
    but ya when i say rock i mean like muse, paramore, fun.
    all very very radio safe acts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just seen this posted on facebook, http://www.oxegen.ie/line-up-demo/

Is this the line-up??

Edit: Obviously not. Seems to be kind of 2010's line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Will there be day tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'd imagine day tickets will be announced along with whenever they announce the price of the normal tickets, on Monday or after the early birds on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CorkJourneyman

Iron Maiden
    Paramore
    Airbourne
    The Prodigy
    Franz Ferdinand
    Calvin Harris
    The Script
    Lumineers
    Green Day
    Biffy Clyro

Iron Maiden

wat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CorkJourneyman

wat

Wouldn't be as big a surprise as some might think. They have played quite a few 'commercial' festivals on recent years. Rock Werchter, Pukkelpop, Leeds/Reading, Sziget etc. usually pulling a solid 25,000-30,000. They also usually dont go on stage after 9/10pm, so in many cases other bands will go on after them despite technically being headliners.

Throw into that that they are doing a 'classic' song tour, have a new DVD out, the smaller auidence at new oxegen, and MCD wanting to re-brand after the shambles of last summers 'dance/rap'gigs in Phoenix Park, and previous oxegen editions and you never know.

Seeing them towards the top of the poster would give a real indication of Oxegen going back to it rock roots.

I could really see them going on around 9pm playing a full set and someone like biffy clyro or even the prodigy going after them for an hour and a bit set. If they were to play of course which they probably wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

I wonder how many - if any - acts will be 'shared' from Longitudes lineup....they're both MCD but not sure where MCD stop and Festival Republic begin, think they're very closely aligned.

Would imagine more or less none, bar one or two small Irish bands maybe.

Would imagine more or less none, bar one or two small Irish bands maybe.

Original Rudeboys should be there I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

looking at V Festival which is a couple of weeks later they have:
    Kings of Leon, Beyonce, The Script, Beady Eye, The Stereophonics, Travis, Ocean Colour Scene etc

Hard Rock Calling a month earlier in London have gone for:
    Springsteen, Kasabian, Black Crowes, Paul Weller so I presume Oxygen could/should be a similar line up to both these although without Springsteen and I think Kasabian are playing in Dublin a month before it. Also and it's highly unlikely but The Rolling Stones are touring and also The Stone Roses are knocking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Yeah good few of those have played Oxegen before.

I think the lineup they're most closely associated with in the UK is T in the Park which has quite a few of the same headliners as Longitude.

We'll find out soon enough, but for my money, there'll be a few of the big boys like Kraftwerk, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Modest Mouse popping up at Punchestown too.

I don't think there would be many surprises to see two door cinema club, the script, stereophonics and others on the T in the Park lineup when Oxegen makes it's announcement on Monday morning.

Would imagine we coul;d get a few from Reading also, as that's a festival republic festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin better not play Oxegen, its EPs turn this time, if he plays Oxegen I will go demented.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Jeden wrote: »
    I think the lineup they're most closely associated with in the UK is T in the Park which has quite a few of the same headliners as Longitude.

With the change of date, they won't be so closely attached anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

Sorry if I've missed a post stating this but any idea if FALL OUT BOY is playing Oxegen??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    Sorry if I've missed a post stating this but any idea if FALL OUT BOY is playing Oxegen??

They're playing in Germany in late July, so it's possible.

honru wrote: »
    They're playing in Germany in late July, so it's possible.

and they're in reading/leeds two weeks alter, so I say it's a pretty good shot..

Hoping myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So are acts gonna be announced before next Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I think bands are announced on Monday.

Advertisement