Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Line up is on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Jeden wrote: »
    We'll find out soon enough, but for my money, there'll be a few of the big boys like Kraftwerk, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Modest Mouse popping up at Punchestown too.
    no, they definitely won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

any chance mumford and sons will play even though they have the phoenix park gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

podgemk wrote: »
    any chance mumford and sons will play even though they have the phoenix park gig?

you've more hope of daft punk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Melion wrote: »
    Must have some ears to have heard them considering they were playing in a tent near the main stage in 2008.

I know that, but the lyrics just went and stuck in my head... It was only till after I realised the name of the band.... I think they may have finished after the main stage act... Think I was in the blue side that time aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

no, they definitely won't.

Can I ask why you are able to say with such conviction?

Somebody else mentioned that they will no longer have many of the acts from T in The Park because of Oxegen's new date on 3rd of August, but I don't see how that would preclude them. T in the park is on a few week previously in July.

What would settle it is if many of these acts are already booked at an alternative festival on 3rd August weekend, so I guess that's what I'm asking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Where will the lineup be announced on Monday? Longshot but id love Arctic Monkeys and Stone Roses..but id be happy with a bit of Tiesto and Plan B considering the new theme

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Where will the lineup be announced on Monday? Longshot but id love Arctic Monkeys and Stone Roses..but id be happy with a bit of Tiesto and Plan B considering the new theme

Facebook, Twitter and Oxegen.ie at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Deanomac

Somebody else mentioned that they will no longer have many of the acts from T in The Park because of Oxegen's new date on 3rd of August, but I don't see how that would preclude them. T in the park is on a few week previously in July.

What would settle it is if many of these acts are already booked at an alternative festival on 3rd August weekend, so I guess that's what I'm asking? :)

There are 2 alternate festivals on the same weekend in August in America and a lot off great acts going to both so there's no chance off them acts going I'm afraid, the likes off Mumford and sons, Phoenix, vampire weekend, the lumineers, Steve angello, Steve aoki, alt j and a lot more so it will be interesting who oxegen will get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

Hope Green Day/ Paramore aren't playing this. Would much prefer to see both do their own headline shows.

simply because MCD want their money! It makes no sense to have the same acts playing both festivals.

Hope Green Day/ Paramore aren't playing this. Would much prefer to see both do their own headline shows.

Paramore wont be as are in south america, green day are a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

The Weeknd? JT? Jay-Z?

Isco wrote: »
    The Weeknd? JT? Jay-Z?

jay-z is a definite no, wireless is his exclusive European festival appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tubbermore

Hello, I have a problem I need help with.
    This year I was thinking about going to Oxegen. I am 17, and have been since January. So I went onto oxegen.ie FAQ and checked the age restricition and it said 17, but then I went to ticketmaster and it said 18, along with the oxegen news feed. So now I am really confused. I don't know anyone over 25 who is going, so I don't know anyone too go with me. I was wondering could anyone clarify this age restriction for me. I e-mail oxegen.ie also. but they say they won't reply to a question that is answered in the faq section so I dont no if they will reply.

Could you please help.
    Thanks

tubbermore wrote: »
    This year I was thinking about going to Oxegen. I am 17, and have been since January. So I went onto oxegen.ie FAQ and checked the age restricition and it said 17, but then I went to ticketmaster and it said 18, along with the oxegen news feed. So now I am really confused. I don't know anyone over 25 who is going, so I don't know anyone too go with me. I was wondering could anyone clarify this age restriction for me. I e-mail oxegen.ie also. but they say they won't reply to a question that is answered in the faq section so I dont no if they will reply.

Could you please help.
    Thanks

The FAQ hasn't been updated since 2011, seemingly this year is strictly 18's whether yo';ve an over 25 or not, will no more in the morning, but at the. minute it's looking like you'll need to scam an age card off soemone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mr.S wrote: »
    More then likely will be 18+ if your by yourself, or you'll be allowed in if your <18 if a "guardian" signs you in (basically find someone old in the queue to sign you in).

Thats what it was like for previous Oxegens, might be different this year.

Yeah think it could be different by what's been said so far.
    OXEGEN 2013 capacity is limited to 50,000 and subject to license. Strictly over 18s Garda ID/Passport required

They might expand on this next week when tickets go on general sale or whatever, but I bought early bird tickets for 2010/2011 and they both say 17+ kids with adult 25+ etc.

Not sure how strict they'll be about it to be honest, as said it's never been 18+ before. But MCD's 18+ gigs in say, the academy are really strict, so I don't think I'd personally risk it if it stays at strictly 18+.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

with SHM last year, and a seemingly similar choice of acts for Oxegen this year, i'd imagine they'll be strict as fukc on ID, with a lot of searches on the way in....

The searches at Irish festivals are pathetic tbh. Some guy literally just asked me if I had glass or a knife in my bag, and when I said no (i had loads of bottles) he just waved me through :rolleyes:

Same with searches into the arena, half the time they just wave everyone through.

That goes for EP aswel.

They need to have a much bigger security presence on the campsites / arena / much better searches going into the campsites and arena.

Yup they're are always pathetic when it comes to searches,
    but if it is strictly 18s MCD are annoying as hell in looking for the ID..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 SBizzle

tubbermore wrote: »

Could you please help.
    Thanks

Usually they just look for the tickets, unless you actually do genuinely look like a 12 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Any chance it could be a similar lineup to Reading/Leeds festivals? Any rumours?

Any chance it could be a similar lineup to Reading/Leeds festivals? Any rumours?

That's what I'm expecting, due to them both being festival republic ran festival, and with a few weeks of eachother also.

With it being a two dayer, and eminem already booked in at slane.. The two remaining reading headliners, G.D and Bifffy) could both easily headline a festival here.

The have a dance stage featuring Calvin and Skrillex(whos at reading), add in tiesto/avvicci and boom. 2 stages, diverse lineup, happy campers.

The searches at Irish festivals are pathetic tbh. Some guy literally just asked me if I had glass or a knife in my bag, and when I said no (i had loads of bottles) he just waved me through :rolleyes:

Same with searches into the arena, half the time they just wave everyone through.

That goes for EP aswel.

They need to have a much bigger security presence on the campsites / arena / much better searches going into the campsites and arena.

Last year at David Guetta in Marlay Park it was fairly strict, 100 times better than Swedish House Mafia and Oxegen 2011 was! I was giving a proper search and they were taking random people aside for drug searches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 richiemcs

I'm in the same position as the guy a few posts before me, I'm 17 but I really want to go, I look old enough for my age and could pass for an 18 year old but would MCD be strict on checks?

If anyone has any experience with this I'd really appreciate it, thanks

richiemcs wrote: »
    I'm in the same position as the guy a few posts before me, I'm 17 but I really want to go, I look old enough for my age and could pass for an 18 year old but would MCD be strict on checks? Should I risk a fake ID?

If anyone has any experience with this I'd really appreciate it, thanks

They were looking for ID at Guetta but eventually they let a mate of mine in underage. You should be able.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

That was just after the SHM fiasco though, so hopefully they have't forgotten...

--

Please no posts about fake ID's etc/links etc etc

If your under 18, and look it, then you'll probably be asked for ID. No one can tell you that they won't ask you to produce ID, i'm 22 and sometimes still get asked for ID~.

really?....

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

So this is a list of a few acts I'm hoping for.Can ye let me know if any definitely cant go so I won't be too disappointed tommorow?

Muse
    The black keys
    Skrillex
    Knife party
    Hardwell
    Rhcp
    Nicky Romero
    Dada life
    Tiesto
    Coldplay
    Paolo nutuni
    Madeon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yup! Granted its rare but still happens, just pointing out that it can happen!

Theres always a fair few kids at EP/Oxegen that get refused at the gate for having no ID and they've pretty much wasted the guts of 200euro.

I'd say Oxegen is going to be very strict this year.

I cannot remember the last time I was Id'd, I'm 22 also.

I have seen plenty of people get turned away aged 16. I just about got in when I was 16, after being Id'd I was brought through to where you sign in with someone over 25, nobody happened to be there at the time and I walked through. Pure luck. Its not worth the risk imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Music Scene just posted a photo of Jay Z on facebook with a lot of question marks im gona guess he will be one of the headliners

Advertisement