Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lc180 wrote: »
    KOL are headlining a festival in Portugal the second weekend in July which is usually the same weekend as Oxegen.

http://www.optimusalive.com/en

Worth noting Depeche Mode are also headlining that festival. Nothing for sure but could be a good indicator of who'll play.

Could see DM doing EP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Could see DM doing EP

Yes I agree, they would get far more love if they played at EP.
    However Oxegen has a history of booking bands that are wasted among their line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

If there is going to be a Oxegen they will wait for awhile to allow for Slane to be the main focus leading up to Christmas

Meant to post yesterday on this but completely forgot...........

Confirmed its back this year from one of the MCD Crew............

Not sure if its two or three days yet, ill ask and post it up.

KOL have announced a UK tour but with no Scottish or Irish date prob means they will do Oxegen/TITP

Wednesday 12th June - London O2 Arena
    Thursday 13th June - London O2 Arena

Monday 24th June - Manchester Arena
    Tuesday 25th June - Manchester Arena

Tuesday 9th July - Birmingham LG Arena
    Wednesday 10th July - Birmingham LG Arena

Source: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/175765/9#ixzz2BRIuXX00

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Pretty sure oxegen is the 1st week in July, cant remember the dates off the top of my head.

Just had a gander at the calendar there, and its prob 6/7 July.

• Advertisement

MCD Productions
    BIG announcement coming this Friday...really big!

Presume its either Slane number 2 , Oxegen or a big outdoor gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

MCD Productions

Presume its either Slane number 2 , Oxegen or a big outdoor gig

Possibilities????

1. Oxegen
    2. Second Slane date
    3. Muse Aviva
    4. Coldplay Aviva/Phoenix Park
    5. Kings of Leon gig
    6. Rolling Stones gig
    7. Series of Phoenix Park/Marlay Park dates
    8. Stone Roses
    9. Killers outdoor show

I can't see a second Slane date being announced the day after Bon Jovi tickets go on sale, although I could be wrong. I reckon Oxegen or big Aviva/Croke Park or Phoenix Park gig with one of the above bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

phew, oxegen is back to filter out the dub nacks from EP, no offence to dubs but your less desirable city folk make for poor campsite neighbors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

spagboll wrote: »
    phew, oxegen is back to filter out the dub nacks from EP, no offence to dubs but your less desirable city folk make for poor campsite neighbors

Good to see you've used your valuable time to make a valued contribution to this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

spagboll wrote: »
    i found the country bumpkins with their straw hats and GAA jerseys, singing Killers songs with a guitar, stumbling around off their face on Bulmers like they were at their local nightclub in whatever backwater dump of a town they came from to be much more annoying.
    and i'm not from Dublin btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

i found the country bumpkins with their straw hats, singing Killers songs with a guitar, stumbling around off their face on Bulmers like they were at their local nightclub in whatever backwater dump of a town they came from to be much more annoying.
    and i'm not from Dublin btw.

Oh well that's ok then.

Possibilities????

1. Oxegen
    2. Second Slane date
    3. Muse Aviva
    4. Coldplay Aviva/Phoenix Park
    5. Kings of Leon gig
    6. Rolling Stones gig
    7. Series of Phoenix Park/Marlay Park dates
    8. Stone Roses
    9. Killers outdoor show

I can't see a second Slane date being announced the day after Bon Jovi tickets go on sale, although I could be wrong. I reckon Oxegen or big Aviva/Croke Park or Phoenix Park gig with one of the above bands.

Id say they are the 2 realities , if KOL do a show here i would wonder will Oxegen be back . Unless they have a new idea with OXegen(please be a mix of Download , IOW etc ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I hope to God it's about Oxegen.

The last one was my first and I loved every minute of it, so if it can return to the former glories that most on here talk about I'll be in for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do KOL even have new material? Haven't heard anything for them in a while
    They're working on a new album, releasing early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

Drive over to the UK or fly to the continent for a festival. There's plenty more choice and they aren't half the knackerfest Oxygen appears to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barwal93

Can see acts such as The Prodigy and Chase & Status playing seeing as they are meant to release new albums soon enough. Example as well.

barwal93 wrote: »
    Can see acts such as The Prodigy and Chase & Status playing seeing as they are meant to release new albums soon enough. Example as well.

Looks like Prodigy will be back on tour aswell , they have just been confirmed for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Any1 know of the release/announcement dates....ive never been and will def go this year once there are a few decent acts but I always thought they announced the acts around this time of year??

Hoping for

Kings of Leon
    Arctic Monkeys
    Black Keys
    Noel Gallagher
    Then Some1 really big like Beyonce/Eminem (not going to happen but there's always hope :D)
    And just a small bit of dance....would love a SHM reunion!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Any updates on this big announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

rorrissey wrote: »
    Any updates on this big announcement?
    The big announcement was Roger Waters at the Aviva. Have to hold out another couple of weeks for Oxegen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

skeg16 wrote: »
    Any1 know of the release/announcement dates....ive never been and will def go this year once there are a few decent acts but I always thought they announced the acts around this time of year??

Hoping for

Kings of Leon
    Arctic Monkeys
    Black Keys
    Noel Gallagher
    Then Some1 really big like Beyonce/Eminem (not going to happen but there's always hope :D)
    And just a small bit of dance....would love a SHM reunion!!!!

So you like your music in the manufactured variety with a good dose of dross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

skeg16 wrote: »
    would love a SHM reunion!!!!

It's about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

It's about time.

Sharpens Knife !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

T in the Park tickets go on sale Friday 9th of December with line-up probably announced about a week before that.
    As Oxegen usually share the same headliners I'm guessing the announcement for both festivals will be co-ordinated for the same day.
    So end of the month at least I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The hammers

Does anybody want to take a guess at the prices? 4 day camping? Please!

Does anybody want to take a guess at the prices? 4 day camping? Please!

Depends if it will be 4 days camping or will they downsize the fest

I hope they dont.. how much were they before do you know? I've never been and was planning on it this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It was close to €250

Thats not as bad as i thought it'd be. Cheers. Will they be able to get over all the big headliners this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

From wiki of oxegen 2013:
    A statement was made on October 17th by oxegen organisers MCD confirming that in 2013 the festival will be held in phoenix park, Dublin They also declared that they will be adding another day to the festival and providing improved sanitation and camping facilities. MCD has, in a separate statement revealed that they have already been in contact with artists and expect to announce main headliners as early as November. The Rolling stones have confirmed they will be appearing at Glastonbury ,T in the park and Oxegen on their official twitter account. MCD has also moved quick to remove tweets from other bands regarding playing at the festival including Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Kings of leon.
    As of October 2012 it has been rumored that the main act from Oxegen 2010, Eminem, will be playing at Oxegen 2013. The 13 time Grammy Award winning artist is currently in talks with Glastonbury organizers about a possible appearance at Glastonbury 2013.

Any one have a source for this?

Advertisement