Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

The early bird price now seems extortionate. Calvin Harris is someone you watch at 4 in the day while your having a gargle waiting for a few good bands to come on. He most certainly is not the main course.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I like Calvin Harris and Rizzle Kicks but they can't be headliners! I really hope the full lineup will be good because right now I'm not impressed.

Im guessing they have named all the big acts that have been booked! Tommorow will be just a load of smll acts, prob know one or two!

Hopefully not though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Calvin Harris is the only headliner announced. There'll be another tomorrow and other big bands.

I was glad Calvin Harris was playing when it was leaked or rumoured or whatever, but Jesus he played in 2009, 2010, 2011 and SHM last year and an academy gig or two between. Not a great headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Calvin Harris biggest hits are all collaberations. Take away all the singers and what are you left with?

Bounce with Kelis
    Let's Go with Neyo
    We'll be coming back with Example
    Sweet Nothing with Florence Welch
    Drinking from the Bottle with Tinie Tempah
    I need your love with Ellie Goulding
    We found love with Rihanna

I suppose there is a chance that one or two might also be at Oxegen and make a guest appearance during his set.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is Calvin Harris a "headliner"? Seriously? Hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I saw him for free once and I felt robbed. Friking atrocious, and a twat to boot. And I didn't mind some of his hits up til then.

If MCD reckon Calvin Harris is big enough to headline I wouldn't be surprised if Example is the other one tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anyone hear anything about what will be announced tommorow? Anyone think there will be anything bigger than Calvin Harris like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Guess it really more dance centered this year. I don't mind calvin harris but I can't imagine he'd be any good without any of the people he actually collaborates with.

Still hope for the rest of the announcements though

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

Shockingly bad announcement!

Hopefully it rounds up all the first time/under 18 festival goers so they can be left do their thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Terence2727

David Bowie is going to be announced as one of the big acts tomorrow a friend of mine told me working with mcd

That's what he said , I don't see why not.

No he hasn't announced anything, my mate also mentioned blur and Noel Gallagher . I'd be only interested in Bowie and I'm aged 30 so what does that tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oxegen crowd is typically 17-25 (and thats a push), the likes of people seeing Calvin Harris etc wouldn't be interested in David Bowie, so it would be a silly booking as he could sell a headline gig in Dublin very well.

Has he even confirmed hes touring this Summer?

I don't believe Bowie is planning on touring, however, Slash and Earth, Wind & Fire have played at Oxegen, and that's off the top of my head. Now, I doubt Bowie will play Oxegen, but, I wouldn't say it's an absolute no.

I'd be only interested in Bowie and I'm aged 30 so what does that tell ya

You won't be going to Oxegen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

No he hasn't announced anything, my mate also mentioned blur and Noel Gallagher . I'd be only interested in Bowie and I'm aged 30 so what does that tell ya

Blur are playing IMMA in Dublin on 1st August. No chance they will be sticking around to play Oxegen over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

If you believe that Bowie would be playing at Oxegen , it tells me you are incredibly gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Jaysus I expected it to be bad, but, that announcement is really, really bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Bowie, no way. Just because he's pretty ill at the moment. Don't forget The Who played in 06 so acts like that are not totally unreasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Jesus what kind of announcement was that?....
    If tomorrow's is as disappointing there is no way I'm going.
    Do they think we are crazy?Pay €150 when you could probably see most of the acts for free....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Calvin Harris was the first support act at the SHM gig at Phoenix Park and yet he is now headline material!!! I hope they mean that he's a second stage or tent headliner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

He supported Deadmau5 in the o2 in 2010 and he was nothing special. Steve Aoki was on after and I thought he was pretty good.
    He's like a poor man's David Guetta

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Calvin Harris was the first support act at the SHM gig at Phoenix Park and yet he is now headline material!!! I hope they mean that he's a second stage or tent headliner!!
    fairly sure Calvin Harris was on so early because he was playing in the UK that day too, so was flying across straight after the PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

David Bowie is going to be announced as one of the big acts tomorrow a friend of mine told me working with mcd

File alongside Stone Roses in the Not Happening folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fconno316

My guess for the lineup
    Friday
    Eminen, Chase and Status line, Foals, White lies, Brand New, Twin Alantic

Saturday
    Biffy Clyro, Nine Inch Nails, Fall out Boy, The Lumineers, Editors, Hadouken

Sunday
    Green Day, System of the Down, Deftones, Frank Turner, Bring me the Horizen, New Found glory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

'Headliner' is a term that gets bandied about these days, doesn't mean he'll be topping the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Will the be any acts on the Friday or just the usual DJs at the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

fconno316 wrote: »
    My guess for the lineup
    Friday
    Eminen, Chase and Status line, Foals, White lies, Brand New, Twin Alantic

Saturday
    Biffy Clyro, Nine Inch Nails, Fall out Boy, The Lumineers, Editors, Hadouken

Sunday
    Green Day, System of the Down, Deftones, Frank Turner, Bring me the Horizen, New Found glory

That's very wishful thinking right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Advertisement