Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

Corkgirl18 wrote: »

That is so fake!! there's 2 acts on that picture that aren't together anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I love how fakers can never resist putting Daft Punk in somewhere and instantly outing themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Its clear that Oxegen will now be directed purely to the late teen-early 20 market with the new Festival in Marley Park and whatever they are doing in the Phoenix Park for a more mature crowd.

If they put the younger events out in Punchestown, they can Swedish House Mafia all they like. It will be out of sight/out of mind and no residents to kick up a fuss when little Johnny is passed out in their front garden.

Its the decent kids that are in the majority that I feel for. The winners here are the people who go to see bands play, with the losers being the decent kids that like dance/rap music and that will trapped in Punchestown surrounded by the lesser lights of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Looks like a 10 year old made that in Microsoft paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

fconno316 wrote: »
    My guess for the lineup
    Friday
    Eminen, Chase and Status line, Foals, White lies, Brand New, Twin Alantic

Saturday
    Biffy Clyro, Nine Inch Nails, Fall out Boy, The Lumineers, Editors, Hadouken

Sunday
    Green Day, System of the Down, Deftones, Frank Turner, Bring me the Horizen, New Found glory

:confused: That would have been a good guess in the Reading and Leeds thread two months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

fconno316 wrote: »
    My guess for the lineup
    Friday
    Eminen, Chase and Status line, Foals, White lies, Brand New, Twin Alantic

Saturday
    Biffy Clyro, Nine Inch Nails, Fall out Boy, The Lumineers, Editors, Hadouken

Sunday
    Green Day, System of the Down, Deftones, Frank Turner, Bring me the Horizen, New Found glory

I think you replied to the wrong thread, this is Oxegen we're talking about.
    I'd go to whatever festival that lineup was for though :D

Caliden wrote: »
    I'd go to whatever festival that lineup was for though :D

You should. I went last year, it's awesome. http://www.readingfestival.com/line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    That is so fake!! there's 2 acts on that picture that aren't together anymore.

But I was dying to see the Womabats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You should. I went last year, it's awesome. http://www.readingfestival.com/line-up

Now your previous comment makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Jaysus Id go just for SOAD if they were playing. Serious wishful thinking though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Daft Punk third from top below Calvin Harris and Bloc Party? Would ya g'way and sh*te?! :D

Plus MCD have always been fans of big booming capitals.. this looks like it was written by a pre-schooler with crayons.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Definitely a fake! Crazy line-up and Avicii is spelt wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Basq wrote: »
    Daft Punk third from top below Calvin Harris and Bloc Party? Would ya g'way and sh*te?! :D

Plus MCD have always been fans of big booming capitals.. this looks like it was written by a pre-schooler with crayons.
    my favourite part is Beady Eye below The Capitals and Fox Avenue on the 3rd stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Bowie, no way. Just because he's pretty ill at the moment. Don't forget The Who played in 06 so acts like that are not totally unreasonable

Yeah, but 2006 was when it wasn't a big pile of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

You'd think if they were going to go to all that effort with the template, they'd at least bother to capitalize properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Who are The Womabats ??

2013 really is going to be bad for gigs...first slane now this sh1te. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

viv2 wrote: »

Huh? There's more to life than Oxegen and Slane. I've been to 3 amazing gigs so far this year and I've got 7 lined up for the rest of the year. You need to open your eyes boy, plenty of fantastic gigs out there to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

:O

Villagers, Local Natives, Grizzly Bear, The National, The XX, Electric Picnic to name a small few! Neil Young!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anyone reckon we'll get a good band?? (Arctic Monkeys, Stone Roses etc...)

I know the lineup will more likely be a pile of **** tho

Basq wrote: »

I think my favourite aspect of the poster is that they decided to announce the entire line up for the tent and only 4 bands for the main stage.

You can actually see how the person making it started from the bottom, and ran out of space towards the top :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Guetta, W.Ill.Iam, Kesha, The Script, Rolling Stones, Justin Timberlake, Fall Out Boy are latest rumoured names

JJ wrote: »
    Huh? There's more to life than Oxegen and Slane. I've been to 3 amazing gigs so far this year and I've got 7 lined up for the rest of the year. You need to open your eyes boy, plenty of fantastic gigs out there to be had.

Good for you.
    I used to like both slane and oxegen usually for the support wont be happening this year though
    and last time I checked I wasnt a boy ;) boy

And nothing announced yet for ep last time I checked so I wont get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Good for you.
    I used to like both slane and oxegen usually for the support wont be happening this year though
    and last time I checked I wasnt a boy ;) boy

*adopts Ryan Gosling voice* Hey girl, there's more to gigs than just festivals. You're spoiled for choice for headline gigs at venues big and small all around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Aren't Bjork, Fatboy Slim and Arctic Monkeys more or less confirmed for EP to headline?

Ahh here am i not allowed an opinion....

I know im spoilt for choice at small gigs but slane and oxegen are one way of ticking off loads of bands that are on my must see list. Not all of us are able to go to a gig every weekend anymore .....life children and work tend to get in the way when you get to my age never mind the cost of it all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

looks like oxegen is gonna be pretty sh!t if they are using calvin harris as a headliner. no offence to the chap he is good live from what i saw but he is more of a 4.00 act to get the crowd going kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ahh here am i not allowed an opinion....

I know im spoilt for choice at small gigs but slane and oxegen are one way of ticking off loads of bands that are on my must see list. Not all of us are able to go to a gig every weekend anymore .....life children and work tend to get in the way when you get to my age never mind the cost of it all :(
    well there's more festivals around now than there ever has been before:

Life
    Forbidden Fruit
    Body and Soul
    Sea Sessions
    Longitude
    Indiependence
    Castlepalooza
    EP

and those are just the bigger ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

What a disappointment..with those acts its not a festival, its a feckin' under 18s disco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

EP has been announced viv2. Go to their website, lineup being announced Thursday. And ghostdancer's right, there's plenty of good festivals in Ireland this summer.

• Advertisement

EP has been announced viv2. Go to their website, lineup being announced Thursday. And ghostdancer's right, there's plenty of good festivals in Ireland this summer.

Thanks has it been announced or is it being announced on thursday there is a difference and I know there are loads of other festivals but as ive already said im pretty limited where and when I can go so was hoping for a half decent oxegen. This thread is about oxegen after all if i was interested in the others id be posting there ;)
    Bring back wittness I say :)

Advertisement