Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

viv2 wrote: »
    Thanks has it been announced or is it being announced on thursday there is a difference and I know there are loads of other festivals but as ive already said im pretty limited where and when I can go so was hoping for a half decent oxegen. This thread is about oxegen after all if i was interested in the others id be posting there ;)
    Bring back wittness I say :)

It has been announced, the line-up is announced Thursday.

Official Oxegen line-up has been leaked!!???!!?!?!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=437957152964550&set=a.162347860525482.37641.100002508069951&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has it been confirmed that they won't be sharing the t in the park lineup this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It has been announced, the line-up is announced Thursday.

Official Oxegen line-up has been leaked!!???!!?!?!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=437957152964550&set=a.162347860525482.37641.100002508069951&type=1&theater

Gerry Adams on the Sunday. That's me sold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

lertsnim wrote: »
    Gerry Adams on the Sunday. That's me sold

He's doing his DJ set on stage 2 on the Saturday as well so it seems, not to be missed I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but has it been confirmed that they won't be sharing the t in the park lineup this year?

T in the park is in the middle of july so id say most of the bands wont be near here at all. Imagine dragons who are doing t in the park will be in canada by Aug....

That joke lineup is brilliant ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It never entirely shared line ups anyway, just a lot of bands. All of Titp's headliners are playing headline gigs in Ireland + The festivals aren't on the same weekends anymore + Oxegen has a reduced capacity now. So they'll probably end up being a good bit different from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

That has to be a windup about Bryan Dobson (from Six-One news) doing a DJ set.. I've honestly never heard of him DJing before, what kinda music is it like electro?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

just saw this on twitter! , seems there mind****ing us a bit , would love if this was the oxegen line up though actually looks to be quite a festival! , https://twitter.com/NotOxegen/status/326410701507813376

can anyone confirm if any of those bands are in Canada that weekend? something tells me Of Monsters and Men are anyway?

Yeah, his dj set is pretty good. I hear he's been booked for a few festivals this summer.

Barster wrote: »
    just saw this on twitter! , seems there mind****ing us a bit , would love if this was the oxegen line up though actually looks to be quite a festival! , https://twitter.com/NotOxegen/status/326410701507813376

can anyone confirm if any of those bands are in Canada that weekend? something tells me Of Monsters and Men are anyway?

That looks more realistic than Bryan Dobson doing a DJ set anyway... Gigi D'Agostino, what is this Oxegen 2002?

• Advertisement

You should hear his electro remix of the six one news theme. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Pinewoo wrote: »
    That looks more realistic than Bryan Dobson doing a DJ set anyway... Gigi D'Agostino, what is this Oxegen 2002?

Fake. Ellie goulding is in america that weekend and daft punk.. again..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

http://www.facebook.com/TicketmasterIE/posts/10151351077662271

According to the Ticketmaster IE Facebook page, Calvin Harris is HEADLINING OXEGEN.

CALVIN HARRIS.

HEADLINING OXEGEN.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I said the exact same thing when i read calvin harris is the headline act what??!!

Shando316 wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/TicketmasterIE/posts/10151351077662271

According to the Ticketmaster IE Facebook page, Calvin Harris is HEADLINING OXEGEN.

CALVIN HARRIS.

HEADLINING OXEGEN.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Bryan Dobson is head-lining, not Calvin Harris.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Fake. Ellie goulding is in america that weekend and daft punk.. again..

LOL didn't even spot them, Headliners : "Jack Beats" , "Dizzee Rascal"

also featured:

Daft Punk , Manic St Preachers

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pinewoo wrote: »
    That has to be a windup about Bryan Dobson (from Six-One news) doing a DJ set.. I've honestly never heard of him DJing before, what kinda music is it like electro?
    plays witch-house, seapunk, and usually ends with some terrorcore and skwee.
    gonna blow up in the next year i reckon, will be great to see him before he gets big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Why is everyone complaining about Calvin Harris headlining? He has 8 top 10 singles on his latest album! That deserves a headline act ffs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

plays witch-house, seapunk, and usually ends with some terrorcore and skwee.
    gonna blow up in the next year i reckon, will be great to see him before he gets big :)

That dizzee rascal remix he has is a serious tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

barry194 wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining about Calvin Harris headlining? He has 8 top 10 singles on his latest album! That deserves a headline act ffs

He's been at oxegen the last 5 or so years and he doesnt suit being a headliner..
    He's much better playing during the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

after reading all the rumours and 'posters' for oxegen and having a laugh to myself, then i notice people are taking this piss-take serious its safe to say that the irish are a bunch of gullible eejits.

barry194 wrote: »

Yeah but they all sound the same. Calvin Harris might be ok further down the bill, but he's not festival headlining material imho.

Just looked at wikipedia there, and I saw that in 04 and 05 Oxegen had acts like The Cure, David Bowie, The Strokes, Kings of Leon, PJ Harvey, New Order, Queens of the Stone age, LCD Soundsystem, the Killers etc.
    And now it's Calvin Harris and two acts I've never heard of.

Just looked at wikipedia there, and I saw that in 04 and 05 Oxegen had acts like The Cure, David Bowie, The Strokes, Kings of Leon, PJ Harvey, New Order, Queens of the Stone age, LCD Soundsystem, the Killers etc.
    And now it's Calvin Harris and two acts I've never heard of.

And you forgot:

13Hmw.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Well this is an entirely new different festival.

The old Oxegen that was a rock and roll internationally acclaimed festival is gone. This is the scrimped, cut down, and re-packaged version to cut costs and still maintain a steady attendance with (freely admitting) exclusively mainstream dance, pop and hip-hop.

It's pointless to moan that these are terrible acts and headliners, because the entire target audience of the festival has been altered, it's not you anymore. And as has been mentioned, Calvin Harris with like 10 number ones in the last two years is exactly the act that's going to bring in that target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

It doesn't matter, Calvin Harris will attract a crowd.

MattD wrote: »
    Well this is an entirely new different festival.

The old Oxegen that was a rock and roll internationally acclaimed festival is gone. This is the scrimped, cut down, and re-packaged version to cut costs and still maintain a steady attendance with (freely admitting) exclusively mainstream dance, pop and hip-hop.

It's pointless to moan that these are terrible acts and headliners, because the entire target audience of the festival has been altered, it's not you anymore. And as has been mentioned, Calvin Harris with like 10 number ones in the last two years is exactly the act that's going to bring in that target audience.
    Yeah I suppose so, but Oxegen was always a post-Leaving Cert rite of passage, and it used to book some great acts. Still, there's always Electric Picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

He's been at oxegen the last 5 or so years and he doesnt suit being a headliner..
    He's much better playing during the day

They were his live sets, this will be his DJ set (which is much better imo). He'll only be doing the second stage anyway I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

430419_529008333807927_1257511377_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Deanomac

They were his live sets, this will be his DJ set (which is much better imo). He'll only be doing the second stage anyway I'd say.

I hope it is the second stage, from foo fighters and Coldplay to calvin Harris just isn't right, they've never been a dj to perform headliner main stage in oxegen!

Advertisement