Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Deanomac

Lets hope they announce a decent headliner so I can enjoy my day until 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Does anyone know if gigi d'agostino will be playing? I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Example is another headliner according to SPIN. He is brilliant live though :p And Pitbull, :/ *cringe*

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

And Rita Ora according to the Star this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This.......this is not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Pitbull? Seriously???

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Pitbull? Seriously???

I know, I'd imagine whoever is on the other stages will be popular at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Example and Pitbull?? What does Pitbull even do?? This is a horrendous lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

I think its best to leave this festival to the kids

There was always an element of 'the leaving cert party' to Oxegen. Looks like they're really running with it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Is Example definitely a headliner? Just says he's been added.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

If they carpet bomb punchestown during the August bank holiday weekend it'll do Ireland a lot of good. Slags on their backs with their ankles behind their ears, tattoo covered Adidas wearing Chung-fellas and pissed up knob ends in Monaghan jerseys will all be ethnically cleansed.

It also leaves the real music to the intelligentsia attending electric picnic.

Call it narcissistic arrogance, call it snobbery . I couldn't give a friar tuck. Deep down you know I'm right.

I'd rather have a bath with my granny.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne oxegen-
    " I'm out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Is Example definitely a headliner? Just says he's been added.

Ahh sure doesn't matter anyway I'm not going :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If they carpet bomb punchestown during the August bank holiday weekend it'll do Ireland a lot of good. Slags on their backs with their ankles behind their ears, tattoo covered Adidas wearing Chung-fellas and pissed up knob ends in Monaghan jerseys will all be ethnically cleansed.

Call it narcissistic arrogance, call it snobbery . I couldn't give a friar tuck. Deep down you know I'm right.

" I'm out"

So much ignorance and stupidity shoved into one post, amazing.

" I'm out"

You must have Joe Duffy on speed dial.

Melion wrote: »
    So much ignorance and stupidity shoved into one post, amazing.

Might have looked more legible to the findus crispy pancake brigade if it was covered in uv paint and Eire 32 tattoos . I do apologise profusely.

I do however have an eidetic memory and It would be remiss of me not to check back here in August and see how many of these chaps have OD'd on mephedrone or whatever designer drug is in fashion at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Example and Pitbull?? What does Pitbull even do??

He produces masterful lyrics, such as:

Me not working hard? Yeah, right, picture that with a Kodak,
    Or better yet, go to Time Square and take a picture of me with a Kodak.

True story.

This is lowest common denominator band booking in all it's glory

Would his fans even remember Kodak?

I couldn't picture it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

To INDIE i go :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I couldn't picture it tbh

I can, I could picture it in a snap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

To INDIE i go :)

I could very well be joining you unless something truly AMAZING happens at 7pm tonight.

Given that I live 5 miles from Mitchelstown would mean I could pop home every night aswell.

I've been to every Oxegen since 2005 but I fear 2011 may have been my last!!

Thank god I had my summer gig/festival schedule packed before these announcements!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Those with photographic memories would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I could very well be joining you unless something truly AMAZING happens at 7pm tonight.

I hear you buddy.

Please save us Olly Murs. We need you.

You must have Joe Duffy on speed dial.

I don't funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Can't believe this is an article. Also Reddit... really? Not at least credit the homegrown detective powers of here?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Toast wrote: »
    Can't believe this is an article. Also Reddit... really? Not at least credit the homegrown detective powers of here?

What a pointless article

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Toast wrote: »

That cringey website Joe.ie also wrongly credited Reddit with creating the fake joke poster, even though they didnt.

http://joe.ie/entertainment/music/wanna-hear-the-latest-additions-to-the-oxegen-line-up-0036913-1

I guess reddit is the new go to source for info for lazy journalists... oh wait, it has been fore the past few years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Meagher says it’s hugely disappointing and he’s not enthused.

“It’s a dance orientated festival as the Dalton Streets have known for the best part of a year. MCD have remained very tight lipped but I have to say I’m not excited one bit.”

From the Newstalk.ie . The Dalton Streets are very wise.

http://www.newstalk.ie/The-first-of-Oxegen-2013-line-up-announced

Advertisement