Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Might have looked more legible to the findus crispy pancake brigade if it was covered in uv paint and Eire 32 tattoos . I do apologise profusely.

I do however have an eidetic memory and It would be remiss of me not to check back here in August and see how many of these chaps have OD'd on mephedrone or whatever designer drug is in fashion at the time.

Use bigger words, they make you seem smarter. Helps distinguish you from those people you despair of so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Nero have been added according to the Oxegen Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

It gets worse Nero officially added to lineup

I remember when Nero was used to burn CDs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm actually shocked to my core!!

Less than 24 months ago, Artic Monkeys supported Foo Fighters and Beyonce supported Coldplay.

Bands like Plan B, The National, TDCC, Beady Eye, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World, The Vaccines, The Strokes etc etc etc were the warm up acts or second stage headliners!

Not to mention RHCP, Blur, Snow Patrol, Muse, Stereophonics, Biffy, The Prodigy, Kasabian, Editors, Villagers, NIN, Nick Cave....The list is endless!!! Ah memories!!

What I'd give for any of them right now!!

• Advertisement

I'm actually shocked to my core!!

Less than 24 months ago, Artic Monkeys supported Foo Fighters and Beyonce supported Coldplay.

I remember when decent music was involved with Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Reading the comments on facebook is so much fun. Poor MCD :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

There has to be at least 2-3 Big name acts on the list tonite to sell the tickets but by sound of it, its not going to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Melion wrote: »
    Use bigger words, they make you seem smarter. Helps distinguish you from those people you despair of so much.

while they are taking heroin and riding their sisters i am reading Dostoyevsky.

fwiw i didnt think any of the words i used were particulary "big" as you put it.

i think most people echo my sentiments .i just articulated it in quite a colourful manner.
    look at MCD's tweets and see the replies......they are getting eviscerated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

smileyp123 wrote: »
    There has to be at least 2-3 Big name acts on the list tonite to sell the tickets but by sound of it, its not going to happen.

Ahh don't worry about it, look at this legit source I found a couple pages back. His friend is working for MCD like. Fuckin Bowie, can't wait!
    David Bowie is going to be announced as one of the big acts tomorrow a friend of mine told me working with mcd

• Advertisement

while they are taking heroin and riding their sisters i am reading Dostoyevsky.

fwiw i didnt think any of the words i used were particulary "big" as you put it.

i think most people echo my sentiments .i just articulated it in quite a colourful manner.
    look at MCD's tweets and see the replies......they are getting eviscerated

If you are going to try and come across as intelligent then capital letters, commas and full stops are your friends.

The music doesn't suit you, me or the majority on this thread. No reason to give out about the people who will want to go to the festival though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pitbull is playing, thats me not going so. Some joke

If you are going to try and come across as intelligent then capital letters, commas and full stops are your friends.

The music doesn't suit you, me or the majority on this thread. No reason to give out about the people who will want to go to the festival though.

not at all. the message i conveyed was received without error.i am not writing a letter to the editor. i tap away quickly on the keyboard in between tasks in work.

i can vet all my posts for grammatical and punctuation errors prior to posting if you think it will increase their respective validities.

there will be a swarm/gaggle/flock (not sure of the appropriate collective noun) of scumbags at oxegen and of that there can be no doubt.

not at all. the message i conveyed was received without error.i am not writing a letter to the editor. i tap away quickly on the keyboard in between tasks in work.

i can vet all my posts for grammatical and punctuation errors prior to posting if you think it will increase their respective validities.

there will be a swarm/gaggle/flock (not sure of the appropriate collective noun) of scumbags at oxegen and of that there can be no doubt.

There would be a swarm of "scumbags" at Oxegen no matter who was playing, just like there has been since the very first Witnness in 2000. At least now they might actually go and listen to some music instead of paying €200+ to sit in a campsite for 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Should have left it in it's grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

why is the line-up so **** so far ? budget constraints would it ?

There would be a swarm of "scumbags" at Oxegen no matter who was playing, just like there has been since the very first Witnness in 2000. At least now they might actually go and listen to some music instead of paying €200+ to sit in a campsite for 4 days.

i think we are starting to agree.

the issue this year is it will be exclusively blaggards.

there is nothing there for your emos,goths,oul lads,oul wans etc.

this is for 17-25 year olds and all the music is about waking up with a hangover and drinking from the bottle and bling and tits and arse and tonights gonna be a good night and set the world on fire and derivatives and combinations of the above.

unmitigated disaster written all over it.

unlesss at 7pm they pull something out of the bag.

its basically the music you'll hear in the porterhouse and the palace but in a field,in kildare

for 200 brick.

surrounded by *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

knack fest

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Now I am not into dance so don't know that much about it but even if they are moving to more of a dance feel it still looks like they have done a bad job

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    why is the line-up so **** so far ? budget constraints would it ?

I would think that the budget is playing a factor alright along with the change in direction the festival is taking;

Assume 25,000 @ €129.50 and 25,000 @ €149.50

That's only €6,975,000 in ticket sales. That's a very small budget.

(Sponsorship, vendors fees etc etc not taken into effect and based on early bird prices)

Compare this to its peak, 60,000 @ €224.50 = €13,470,000 (camping 3 days)
    10,000 @ €199.50 = €1,995,000 (no camping 3 days)
    10,000 @ €99.5 = € 995,000 (day tickets)

That's sales of €16,460,000 (all estimates)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Philip O Brien

Reckon it's a pretty good line up so far for Oxegen. Broadly speaking most current tastes are catered for and come on they got Daft Punk! I bet the boys at POD running EP are sickened by that one. Come on Oxegen has been aimed at a younger demographic than all the other Irish music festival so the line up will reflect that. The tickets will sell very well, and judging by the announcements so far I can see it selling out in the last few days leading up to the festival.

Kids will be kids, fair play to MCD for giving them a playground well away from people who don't want to be troubled by that fun.

Long live summer festivals, including the one's I'll never attend!

Reckon it's a pretty good line up so far for Oxegen. Broadly speaking most current tastes are catered for and come on they got Daft Punk! I bet the boys at POD running EP are sickened by that one. Come on Oxegen has been aimed at a younger demographic than all the other Irish music festival so the line up will reflect that. The tickets will sell very well, and judging by the announcements so far I can see it selling out in the last few days leading up to the festival.

Kids will be kids, fair play to MCD for giving them a playground well away from people who don't want to be troubled by that fun.

Long live summer festivals, including the one's I'll never attend!

i think i speak for everyone when i say...................what the **** are you on son?

i think i speak for everyone when i say...................what the **** are you on son?

Whatever it is......................I want some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MerseyParadise

Any truth in The Stone Roses headlining?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Reckon it's a pretty good line up so far for Oxegen. Broadly speaking most current tastes are catered for and come on they got Daft Punk! I bet the boys at POD running EP are sickened by that one.

That's the problem with these piss take lineup announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I"d go...............if i was a drug dealer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Philip O Brien

Son?! Relax yourself kiddo. Can you not think of a better way of expressing yourself without throwing out insults and ****'s.

Having viewed some of your earlier posts I could ask you the same thing? Oh wait I don't have to, you've made elitist snobby remarks about the people will will attend and the music. So you have set out your opinion and now want to verbally wail on people who have the audacity to voice a differing opinion. You are clearly not going to Oxegen so what's your problem, relax yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I remember when Nero was used to burn CDs :(

He was burning Christians and Rome before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Son?! Relax yourself kiddo. Can you not think of a better way of expressing yourself without throwing out insults and ****'s.

Having viewed some of your earlier posts I could ask you the same thing? Oh wait I don't have to, you've made elitist snobby remarks about the people will will attend and the music. So you have set out your opinion and now want to verbally wail on people who have the audacity to voice a differing opinion. You are clearly not going to Oxegen so what's your problem, relax yourself.

Ah he just said whay we were all thinking.. daft punk will not be there!

Advertisement