Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Son?! Relax yourself kiddo. Can you not think of a better way of expressing yourself without throwing out insults and ****'s.

Having viewed some of your earlier posts I could ask you the same thing? Oh wait I don't have to, you've made elitist snobby remarks about the people will will attend and the music. So you have set out your opinion and now want to verbally wail on people who have the audacity to voice a differing opinion. You are clearly not going to Oxegen so what's your problem, relax yourself.

Daft Punk arent playing Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Philip O Brien

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ah he just said whay we were all thinking.. daft punk will not be there!

I'm not a mind reader, if that is somebodies point they are free to make it. But he didn't make that point to me, at least not through any normal use of language that can be understood. Glad you could take that from it, I should brush up on my reading skills because I didn't see him write that on his post.

Sure okay yeah I fell foul of a fake, my point being that the festival will cater to a young demographic, however, maintains it's validity. And to expand on that so it gets through. Oxegen has always catered for the mainstream so why complain about them doing what they do! It's pointless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think I'd agree with Philio to some extent. If you don't like the lineup for Oxegen, don't go. There's plenty of other fish in the sea. The way some people are going going on here and on FB, you'd think MCD had an obligation to cater the lineup towards them. There's such a variety of festivals on this year (to the extent that you'd wonder how they're all going to make money), there's something for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

For those who haven't seen the full price tickets;

Full tickets are priced: day ticket (Sat and Sun Only) €79.50 (including booking fee). Three-day weekend camping ticket €199.50 (including booking fee) and two-day weekend, non-camping ticket €149.50 (including booking fee).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

I'm hearing Guetta and Snoop dogg .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

After what happened last summer at swedish house mafia and if this is like that then im suprised they are getting the licence for it or will most of the ticket sales goes towards extra gardai etc!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

For those who haven't seen the full price tickets;

Full tickets are priced: day ticket (Sat and Sun Only) €79.50 (including booking fee). Three-day weekend camping ticket €199.50 (including booking fee) and two-day weekend, non-camping ticket €149.50 (including booking fee).
    Where'd you get these figures from?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Personally I can't wait for oxegen. It should mean that this thread is dull for 2 days before the **** storm that will arrive on the Monday.

Shando316 wrote: »
    Where'd you get these figures from?

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0423/oxegen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Now I am not into dance so don't know that much about it but even if they are moving to more of a dance feel it still looks like they have done a bad job
    i love dance music, i go to see an international DJ every week or 2 in Dublin. i wouldn't go near oxegen based on the names so far.
    i'm hoping they continue with the pop-dance and commercial hiphop acts, and don't book anyone i like at all, so i won't be tempted to head down for a day if there's any acts i really want to see.
    i'm absolutely loving the (awful) lineup so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

After what happened last summer at swedish house mafia and if this is like that then im suprised they are getting the licence for it or will most of the ticket sales goes towards extra gardai etc!!!

Sure thats why its going to be there, the way I think MCD see it they want to have these scanger dance festivals as far from Dublin as possible, hence, none of the headaches of Pheonix Park.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Labrinth just announced

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think one of the comments on Facebook put it quite well.

'Costing ye more on security than what's spent on the acts'

airbusa320 wrote: »
    Labrinth just announced

Saw him for FREE at the Savoy in Cork before Christmas!! Awful!!

The way the announcements are being done bit by bit would make you think that MCD are using today to "ring around" and see who wants to play!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Think we need a proper rock festival again to be honest. :(

This line up so far is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

It will definitely still sell well. A lot of people will be going for the sake of going to Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

5hpUfC.jpg

Is this a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mr.S wrote: »
    As awful as the lineup is, its still probably going to sell very well. Don't think MCD care to much about the quality of the lineup, its not Europes "best rock n roll" weekend anymore :pac:

Ahh here they only ever claimed to be the most rock and roll, not the best :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Basq wrote: »
    5hpUfC.jpg

Hahahaha. Wow.

I'm glad Oxegen is on it's sucking up all the crap acts!

• Advertisement

I didn't realise you only had to ask if you wanted to play this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Basq wrote: »
    5hpUfC.jpg

How sad am i...ive just gone through her tweets to see if she did really say that...cant see it but she is moving to new york in aug so thats great news :D

X-Factor auditioners next!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

viv2 wrote: »
    cant see it but she is moving to new york in aug so thats great news :D
    Every cloud...`

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Eathrin wrote: »
    Is this a joke?
    Hahahaha. Wow.

I'm glad Oxegen is on it's sucking up all the crap acts!

350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

They still won best European festival in the past, how? I do not know.

The line ups were huge though. Artic Monkeys, Beyonce, Deadmua5, The Strokes, My Chemical Romance, Stereophonics, Swedish House Mafia, The National etc. Were headlining huge festivals in the UK the same year you could fly over to Oxegen and see the same sets with full production on in the middle of the day/on second stage, as well as the Oxegen headliners themselves. In terms of line up it was actually one of the best in Europe. Was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

h6lBjTX.png

Perhaps its true :(

It's not. Even the kids are giving out about this lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

h6lBjTX.png

Perhaps its true :(

I am 19 and you could not pay me to see any of the acts announced so far!

It's not that your old, it's that the acts are pathetic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Arctic Monkeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Weirdest lineup ever, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if Donna and Joe were playing.

Whatever this festival is, it's not Oxegen anyway.

Advertisement