Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    Agreed. Oxegen started out as Witnness and rebranded when they started to change direction, so they may as well do it again.

As for the lineup, hopefully it'll free up good acts for the other festivals and keep the knackers out of Electric Picnic.

The previous name change was purely to do with sponsorship decisions. If you notice the "nness" in the witnness logo(that includes a black drink) is the same as in the guinness logo, and the en in the oxegen logo is the same as the heiniken logo

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaronAmith

To be honest im excited for this festival, to me it was always the campsite banter that i looked forward to, i personally am looking forward to seeing Jack Beats, Duke Dumont and Nero so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

SaronAmith wrote: »
    To be honest im excited for this festival, to me it was always the campsite banter that i looked forward to, i personally am looking forward to seeing Jack Beats, Duke Dumont and Nero so far

In that case, would you not be better off getting a good group of mates together. Heading off somewhere like Kerry or the Co. Clare coast and camping for a weekend.

It's cheaper and you're chances of sustaining a serious injury is greatly reduced!!:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

The previous name change was purely to do with sponsorship decisions. If you notice the "nness" in the witnness logo(that includes a black drink) is the same as in the guinness logo, and the en in the oxegen logo is the same as the heiniken logo
    If the rumours about the lineup are true, they might get sponsorship from dutch gold this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Ah, for goodness sake.

OK, there were issues with the Phoenix Park gig, but that wasn't representative of the entire crowd.

Yes, Oxegen have had issues before, and do on a yearly basis. Again, it is not representative of the whole crowd.

Yes, some of the acts attract a certain crowd, but that crowd is shadowed by a larger crowd of decent people enjoying themselves.

Can we quit the stab-fest jokes and just see what is actually said.

MCD make a mess of things, and have made a mess of things in the past, regarding gigs, security, and management, but lets wait and see. I'm far from an Oxegen supporter or MCD boyo, but can we just step back for the moment and discuss rumors, potential acts, and the event itself without the 'skanger' snobbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm almost nervous for 7.
    Europes favourite rock and roll festival and not one act that plays instruments has been announced!

This announcement better be pretty special...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

http://www.oxegen.ie
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

They must be updating their site / doing last minute ring-arounds to local DJ's.

EDIT: Back online now, though line-up is offline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Saw suggestions that Oxegen made the festival a genre each night.. It'd be cool if all these acts were a 'dance' genre night, so it wouldn't be a complete let down. :P

7 will tell all though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

I'm a big fan of Calvin & Example and have seen them a good few times each, both at Oxegen & at other places at various stages of their careers. Don't think they're suited for headlining tho, unless it's a designated tent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The line up...
    David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Example, Chase & Status, Labrinth, Rita Ora will play the festival on the August Bank Holiday weekend.

They join The Orginal Rude Boys, Alesso, Pitbull, DJ Fresh, Soul Wax, Nero, Rizzle Kicks, Nicky Romero, Sasha, Wretch 32, The Dead Presidents, John Gibbons, Devlin, Otto Knows, Iggy Izalea, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Duke Dumont and MORE
    From http://www.spin1038.com/page/1.32.68/5487/1/Oxegen_2013_-_Line_up_announced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

deise_girl wrote: »

Jaysus, do any of them even play instruments?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

deise_girl wrote: »

The Greatest Rock n Roll Weekend of the Year my ass..Oxegen as it was is dead in the water..as someone said should have been rebranded..Im Out;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

comic-book-guy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

And the award for the worst lineup ever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

It official. It's rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

SOUL WAX!! :D

thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Im almost happy. I was afraid there would be 1 or 2 acts that I really wanted to see but that hasn't happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Lets just pretend Oxegen died in 2011 and never came back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I see the new name is "Error establishing a database connection" which is what most of the acts will see when playing their set from their MacBook !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

...and to think I was worried Green Day would be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm not their target demographic, but even I can tell that's garbage.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

As a dance fan, I think its a good line up.

Soulwax, Danny Byrd, Chase and Status, DJ fresh, Nero, Crookers, Congorock, Fake Blood, jack Beats, Monsta, and more to be announced. Not sure if its worth the price, but if you like electro and dance music, you should be happy enough.

Yes its commercial dance mainly, but oxegen has always been commercial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Rita Ora is the only one I would be able to stand through.
    Went to Oxegen in 2010 and 2011 and was planning to go this year but not anymore.
    In the 2 years I saw acts like Muse, Kasabian, Florence and the Machine, The Black Keys, Two Door Cinema Club, Mumford and Sons, Beyonce and Coldplay.

Comparing them to the acts just released is ridiculous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i thought there would be a band or two that would make me eat my words and make me consider enduring the ****e to see them.

but nothing. they got nothing.

i even feel bad for the people who will go to that. its extortionate for all that dross

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

well not.. this is possible the worst oxegen lineup I've ever seen.. all EP need to do is have one guitar/ just one and its a better lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

That's one of the worst festival lineups iv seen in a long time..epic fail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

It's as if they looked at the line up from previous years and said okay we will get rid of all the bands that play instruments, it will be easier if we only have guys who only need a microphone and laptop to preform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Are people really gonna pay €150 to see Calvin Harris and David Guetta?! And Snoop Dogg?! Example too?! cos that's the only people I know on there and I wouldn't leave my windows or curtains open if any of them were playing in the back yard...... that's seriously the worst lineup I've everrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Camping out the back garden it is.

Advertisement