Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

electric picnic is gonna be class just by default

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

Maybe I'm too old for this now, I've hardly even heard of any of the acts - guess I'm not in the target audience. :) But I don't remember seeing a festival lineup that has nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rock n Roll weekend my hole ....!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I've always been a fan of house/dance music and even I think this is a mediocre line up to say the least, I don't see many paying out the full price unless they add another large name to the gig.. I also note it says "Over 18's only ID Required" has this always been the way with Oxegen? I don't recall the age limit being so high before..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

electric picnic is gonna be class just by default

lol ep haven't even announced a single act and its already better than that pile of cheesy ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

37216387.jpg

Polar101 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm too old for this now, I've hardly even heard of any of the acts - guess I'm not in the target audience. :) But I don't remember seeing a festival lineup that has nothing for me.

exactly. i thought at least one act would tempt me. bubkiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Polar101 wrote: »

I am their target audience and I don't recognise a lot of them and they have nothing to interest me so don't worry about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Don't think I'd even go if I had free tickets!!

its officially dead.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

MCD made a massive mistake in not rebranding oxegen. People are forgetting that its now a dance festival, and saying stupid stuff like all the music is shyte. Just because you don't like the acts playing, doesn't mean its shyte. not everyone likes boring rock music.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Do we think its going to happen?

If it does what type of line up do you reckon we are looking at?
    Its the 20th anniversary of T In The Park and hopefully we can benefit from their improved line up for this year.

Acts im hoping for:

The Stone Roses
    The Black Keys
    The Charlatans

Headliners im expecting are:

The Killers

Green Day

Muse

From the OP lol

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

I'm reluctant to think this is the full line up. There's definitely an ace up some one's sleeve.......yeah??!

Morrison J wrote: »
    Do we think its going to happen?

If it does what type of line up do you reckon we are looking at?
    Its the 20th anniversary of T In The Park and hopefully we can benefit from their improved line up for this year.

Acts im hoping for:

The Stone Roses
    The Black Keys
    The Charlatans

Headliners im expecting are:

The Killers

Green Day

Muse

id cut off my arm for the **** headliners you were expecting.

look what we got:eek:

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    I'm reluctant to think this is the full line up. There's definitely an ace up some one's sleeve.......yeah??!

the beatles and led zepplin couldnt dilute that tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

Tinie wrote: »
    MCD made a massive mistake in not rebranding oxegen. People are forgetting that its now a dance festival, and saying stupid stuff like all the music is shyte. Just because you don't like the acts playing, doesn't mean its shyte. not everyone likes boring rock music.

Because Pitbull, Labrinth, Iggy Azalea etc are in anyway talented. The hip hop acts they brought are pure shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Will the number of guitars at Punchestown that weekend be able to be counted on one hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Tinie wrote: »

Its going to be full of pikeys. They've made a big mistake not rebranding it.A LOT of people were expecting it to continue where it left off but now its just full of uninspiring, untalented "dance" acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Shocking line up all except for Soulwax. They're a big deal to me would love to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Will the number of guitars at Punchestown that weekend be able to be counted on one hand?

by the looks of it the only guitars on show will be inflatable ones :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

The quality of the lineup was always going to suffer after they stopped sharing with T in the Park, but that's shockingly bad. But I suppose MCD have hinted for a while that they were changing direction, so the announcement isn't all that surprising. Still as other posters have already said, there's always Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

The line up is no where near as bad as everyone is making out! FFS they said it was a dance/rap festival hence why there was Longitude...

Chase and Status, Calvin Harris, Example, Snoop Dogg, Nicky Romero, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, Nero, Congorock and Otto Knows are well worth going to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

It definitely should have been rebranded, this year has no real resemblance to other years at all. Sure, before it always had a pop/dance element to it but there were usually a few good bands there as well, or at the very least names that are an awful lot bigger than Calvin Harris. I went in 2011 and though I knew it was going to be a more dance oriented festival this year and that I wouldn't be going anyway, the lineup is still pretty poor. I dunno why it wasn't rebranded, perhaps they just didn't want a new fest getting a bad name from the get-go with a lineup like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

tens of thousands flocking to punchestown for the amazing international superstar that is PITBULL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Yeah defo a dance music festival. Lineup so far isnt bad if you're into dance music. Does anyone else think the marketing team should be sacked. The whole imaging for the festival so far, looks like it was created on Microsoft clip art. It's shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

64YF9e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Reading the comments on the lineup on facebook is hilarious. Nothing but hatred and bile.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152296206915260&set=a.355295290259.199388.65633730259&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    Reading the comments on the lineup on facebook is hilarious. Nothing but hatred and bile.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152296206915260&set=a.355295290259.199388.65633730259&type=1&theater

Can't believe ppl actually believed that fake poster with daft punk on it! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

the organisers will need an army of security at this. 90% of the kids at that will be sound but theres gonna be 10% of mad lowlifes that will ruin it for everyone. and its a **** lineup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭skinny90

Never seen soo much cheese burger acts for a "rock and roll" festival
    As one poster on Facebook said not a single instrument will be played

Advertisement