Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

nocoverart wrote: »
    So you like your music in the manufactured variety with a good dose of dross

Be careful there, you might hurt yourself if you fall from that high horse of yours..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Mr.S wrote: »
    There isn't any, its 100% made up!

that's what i though alright.. just wanted to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE,

ITS ONLY GOING TO BE A 2 DAY FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAMP OPENS ON THE FRIDAY, FESTIVAL TO BEGIN ON THE SATURDAY AND END ON TE SUNDAY......

THE MAN I KNOW WOULDNT GIVE ME THE DATES CAUSE HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO, BUT IM RIGHT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah I definitely heard that Desmond fella of MCD confirm it would only be a two day festival on Today FM I think it was when interviewed about the Swedish House Mafia debacle. This was back in July I'd say.

EDIT: Just saw the Wikipedia page has been updated:
    Oxegen is scheduled to take place in July 2013, according to an official announcement by MCD in December 2011.[1][2] A statement was made on October 17 by oxegen organisers MCD confirming that in 2013 the festival will be held in phoenix park, Dublin. A holography performance of Tupac Shakur has been booked to play an extended five hour set, while the hologram of Kurt Cobain is due to make its world debut on the main stage, a festival exclusive in an attempt by promoters MCD to shift a few tickets. They also declared that they will be adding another day to the festival and....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

sisco wrote: »
    AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE,

CAMP OPENS ON THE FRIDAY, FESTIVAL TO BEGIN ON THE SATURDAY AND END ON TE SUNDAY......

THE MAN I KNOW WOULDNT GIVE ME THE DATES CAUSE HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO, BUT IM RIGHT :)

Caps_Lock.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sisco wrote: »
    AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE,

Hmmm, Camp opens on Friday but no music till Saturday, wonder what 50,000 pissed up people will do to entertain themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

bennyl10 wrote: »
    From wiki of oxegen 2013:
    A statement was made on October 17th by oxegen organisers MCD confirming that in 2013 the festival will be held in phoenix park, Dublin They also declared that they will be adding another day to the festival and providing improved sanitation and camping facilities. MCD has, in a separate statement revealed that they have already been in contact with artists and expect to announce main headliners as early as November. The Rolling stones have confirmed they will be appearing at Glastonbury ,T in the park and Oxegen on their official twitter account. MCD has also moved quick to remove tweets from other bands regarding playing at the festival including Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Kings of leon.
    As of October 2012 it has been rumored that the main act from Oxegen 2010, Eminem, will be playing at Oxegen 2013. The 13 time Grammy Award winning artist is currently in talks with Glastonbury organizers about a possible appearance at Glastonbury 2013.

Any one have a source for this?

Hah gotta love wikipedia..... Not a hope the Rolling Stone are playing but Led Zeppelin and the Beatles might make an appearance...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hmmm, Camp opens on Friday but no music till Saturday, wonder what 50,000 pissed up people will do to entertain themselves

Isn't that how 04-07 worked? Or am I imagining that...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

scudzilla wrote: »

Get more pissed? There was no music on the first night when I went in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/11/12/here-comes-summer-2013/
    What about Oxegen? Remember Oxegen? How soon they forget. There’s strong speculation amongst agents and production staff that Oxegen will return next summer (with the Stone Roses mooted for the line-up), though it’s interesting that it’s Fairyhouse rather than Punchestown which keeps getting mentioned in the despatches. Surely MCD wouldn’t abandon the Co Kildare racecourse for the Co Meath one, especially given how much work they’ve done on the former venue and the relationships they’ve built up there? In fact, Punchestown would be perfect for a two day dance music festival along the lines of Ultra, if MCD were so inclined. The acts are there, the audience is there and the venue is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

they wont organise it properly. They dont care. It's just a cashcow.. security is a joke and no doubt some year somebody's gonna get attacked and will die. but til then they'll milk it. It's a scrote fest and not a chance im ever going back to that s**thole!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

ye but i think the trouble is excessive at oxegen. a menacing atmosphere and felt on edge a lot of the time. reember a couple of years ago that kid got his face slashed for no reason. pure scum who go there to cause trouble. its not a true music festival like the Picnic. just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

nocoverart wrote: »
    So you like your music in the manufactured variety with a good dose of dross

WTF dose that mean, those are some quality acts, granted arctic monkeys are gone muck (there early stuff is what I want) and KOL haven't released ina while but I cant think of any other bands that will surprise me/make me want to go - monford and sons/two door cinema club are good but they wont be headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeaanCunny

I want to see acts such as Dannic, Hardwell, Nicky Romero, Calvin Harris, Deadmau5, Eminem, Avicii, Steve Aoki, Kanye West, Axwell, The script, The killers, Pro Green, Snoop Dogg etc... as does all us younger people screw all you older people who want it to be a "wine testing" festival as well, ruin the best one of the best festivals in Europe why don't ya? Tommorowland2 is what it needs to be I did'nt hear of anybody dying at that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SeaanCunny wrote: »
    I want to see acts such as Dannic, Hardwell, Nicky Romero, Calvin Harris, Deadmau5, Eminem, Avicii, Steve Aoki, Kanye West, Axwell, The script, The killers, Pro Green, Snoop Dogg etc... as does all us younger people screw all you older people who want it to be a "wine testing" festival as well, ruin the best one of the best festivals in Europe why don't ya? Tommorowland2 is what it needs to be I did'nt hear of anybody dying at that.

Screen+Shot+2012-05-16+at+1.19.47+AM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

i work for mcd and the pod.....there WILL be an oxygen next year....it will be 2 days,apparantly 3 days is too expencive to the crowd it attracks,they target the 18-21 year olds.....

oxygen is a ****e festival....everything is a ****ing rip off and the bars close at ten......wtf kind of FESTIVAL does the.....ask me hole

macscoob wrote: »
    i work for mcd and the pod.....there WILL be an oxygen next year....it will be 2 days,apparantly 3 days is too expencive to the crowd it attracks,they target the 18-21 year olds...

Did they say what kinda bands they are going for next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Did they say what kinda bands they are going for next year?

Seeing as they work for both they're probably security contracted by MCD and POD.

Prob means nothing but T-Vital put this up on their FB page
    Today, Soundgarden release their first studio album in sixteen years! Your thoughts?...

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/11/16/summer-2013-speculation/
    Oxegen: Oxegen will return in some shape or other next year with perhaps a new name, definitely a new venue (we’re hearing a Co Meath location is likely) and maybe an old name at the top of the bill (The Stone Roses).

Punchestown: do you think a multi-day dance festival would work wonders here? One promoter seems to think so. EDM is so hot right now.

• Advertisement

Ah was hoping Oxegen would be back in Punchestown :(

Occasionally do surveys on irishopinions.com - Just got one about Oxegen 2013. I was rather scathing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

maximoose wrote: »
    Occasionally do surveys on irishopinions.com - Just got one about Oxegen 2013. I was rather scathing :)

scathing in what way ? Festival hasn't even been announced yet ??

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

So it's not punchestown anymore? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Green Day seem a dead cert, playing almost every other big summer festival around europe.

s8n wrote: »
    scathing in what way ? Festival hasn't even been announced yet ??

:rolleyes:

Oxegen as a festival and as a brand. It started off asking about ALL of the bigger festivals in Ireland but then focused solely on Oxegen, asking about 2011 and previous years: what the problems were and what needs to be changed, what you'd like to see in 2013 if it comes back. Obviously MCD trying to get some feedback on their failings.

Roll eyes are real cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

I'm just here to say "Told you so" re the venue change.
    Dog's abuse for suggesting it wouldn't be in Punchestown or would have a new name.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Is there any real advantage to MCD moving Oxegen from Punchestown besides traffic jams?I remember been at Witnness at Fairyhouse back in '01 and '02 and i would pick Punchestown over it any day as a site and i find it to have a lot more space than Fairyhouse.I especially remember 2002 when the ground started to tear apart after really bad weather and they had to close of the second outdoor stage (called the Upstage back then)for a time due to flooding and just under half the bands on the stage on the Sunday didn't get to play

No matter where they put the festival it will still attract the same scumbags who will go out of their way to cause harm unfortunately

presume it's cheaper to rent Fairyhouse than Punchestown, and maybe they're going to downscale it a bit.
    Fairyhouse was definitely a bit cramped towards the end of Witnness which was around 50,000 i think, so unless they're re-designing the site, they'll have to reduce numbers.
    and the traffic to Punchestown relatively fine IMO. i remember sitting for hours to get into Fairyhouse on at least 1 occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Well to be honest i never noticed much traffic at Punchestown over the years at all but i have heard people complain about it but the same people will complain about anything.The downgrading of the festival makes total sense if they move to Fairyhouse.It's a pity though.I always liked the idea of a huge festival like Oxegen in Ireland.Those days are gone though,clearly

Advertisement