Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

skinny90 wrote: »
    Never seen soo much cheese burger acts for a "rock and roll" festival
    As one poster on Facebook said not a single instrument will be played

Original Rudeboys play a bit of guitar i think? not entirely sure though but ah everytime i look at it the more and more i just laugh...****ing pitbull :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Cosmo2013 wrote: »
    I'm reluctant to think this is the full line up. There's definitely an ace up some one's sleeve.......yeah??!

Flo Rida is what I'm hearing (I'm in the industry). They're getting him as a European festival exclusive. Glastonbury wanted him for the Saturday night, but they had to settle for The Rolling Stones instead. It should provide a big boost in ticket sales for Oxegen when Mr. Rida is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah defo a dance music festival. Lineup so far isnt bad if you're into dance music. Does anyone else think the marketing team should be sacked. The whole imaging for the festival so far, looks like it was created on Microsoft clip art. It's shockingly bad.
    Oxegen is a pop festival.

Life is a dance music festival:
    http://www.life-festival.com/

Dimensons is a dance music festival:
    http://www.dimensionsfestival.com/2013-line-up/

Unknown is a dance music festival:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?449727

etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    Flo Rida is what I'm hearing (I'm in the industry). They're getting him as a European festival exclusive. Glastonbury wanted him for the Saturday night, but they had to settle for The Rolling Stones instead. It should provide a big boost in ticket sales for Oxegen when Mr. Rida is announced.

Glastonbury settled for the rolling stones instead of flo rida??? This thread gets funnier by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Is this a two day event? I see you can only buy a 2 day non camping ticket but there's also a 3 day camping ticket.. I'm guessing the extra day (Friday?) is just for people going up to camp out the night before..

If this line up is for 2 days it's not actually that bad for 130 euro..

Soulwax and are easily gonna have the place going mental..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭skinny90

Original Rudeboys play a bit of guitar i think? not entirely sure though but ah everytime i look at it the more and more i just laugh...****ing pitbull :pac:

Sasha....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Harris and Guetta are the headline acts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Happy to see that dimitri vegas and like mike are playing.
    They are talented producers and there live sets do be good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

viv2 wrote: »
    Glastonbury settled for the rolling stones instead of flo rida??? This thread gets funnier by the minute.

"thats the joke" say it in fake arnie voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

etc.

Nail on the head right there ghost they are proper dance festivals not this cheesefest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Had to laugh at the very first post on this thread re band expectations vs what's being delivered. Hope it lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Bloody hell a Ticket Q has started !

chav.jpg?w=384&h=246

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

I was daydreaming there, and found myself imagining the atmosphere in the campsite this year. Terrifying stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That really is one stabby looking lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

It will be like this at the campsite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

DominoDub wrote: »
    Bloody hell a Ticket Q has started !

chav.jpg?w=384&h=246

I think your mistaken. Thats the dole queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

The next question of course is Longtitude, Indiependence, or Electric Picnic? No lineup yet for EP but Arctic Monkeys are rumored

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

You know its a bad festival line up, when the acts in the Dance Arena in previous Oxegen years, are much better than all the acts in this so called Dance Festival.

Even looking back at Oxegen 2011, the acts in the dance arena were such DJs as Tiga, Sven Vath, Diplo, Bloody Beetroots etc. who are all far more deserving of headlining instead of Calvin Harris and Guetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    The next question of course is Longtitude, Indiependence, or Electric Picnic? No lineup yet for EP but Arctic Monkeys are rumored

Not mad about Longitude lineup. Only a few bands on it that I would see but not worth paying over €100. Hopefully Forbidden Fruit and Electric Picnic for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

I think your mistaken. Thats the dole queue.

There's a difference ? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

There will be blood

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭klose

Compared to 2010 thats a tragic line up, a few good djs id like to see but wont be heading myself

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Not mad about Longitude lineup. Only a few bands on it that I would see but not worth paying over €100. Hopefully Forbidden Fruit and Electric Picnic for me!
    Forbidden Fruit looks decent actually, but I think I'll wait until I see the EP lineup. First acts should be announced on Thursday I think. Fingers crossed for someone good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

If only I could add a poll to this thread. I would love to see what are the ages of people saying that the line up is good or bad, etc.

I agree that age shouldn't make a difference when it comes to music appreciation, but I think a lot of people were expecting different things, for example a more 'top name' act. Oxegen is a young persons festival, in reality. It is never all about the best musicians in the world. Emigration and funds are always going to play a part against guests, especially now

It reflects the mainstream music scene of the moment, even though it leans onto the more electronic elements of it. That is what Irish mainstream music is big into. Spin 1038, the teeny bopper station of the land, made the announcement tonight. That in itself should highlight how things are for the festival. Not the glamorous launch parties, live streaming announcements, or Dave Grohl introduced lineups, but a message on a chart show on a young person's radio station.

We never expected a lineup like Glastonbury or others, and we never thought that we'd get bigger names, but that is the lineup as it stands for the moment. More will come, but that is what we've been given. If you appreciate a different kind of music, or you want 'instrumentalists', there are many other festivals, like Indiependence or Electric Picnic. If you wanted to really enjoy the big names, you'd be already going to Great Britain for the big festivals, not relying on Oxegen.

They've put out a lineup that suits the mainstream, and that is that. Is it the final nail in the Oxegen? Probably. It should be. But, at the same time, it'll still sell, it'll still be popular, and it'll still be the same old Oxegen that the media and people of the land will talk about, for good or bad reasons.

PS. Some of the artists are quite gifted with instruments, but don't use them. That's the real crime. Labrinth is a very good musician, but doesn't use that gift. Tut Tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

etc.

Well no need to be pedantic in fairness. We all know what all the cool dance Music Festivals are. Anyway It's after going in the direction of a dance music festival, with some pop and rap acts thrown in to sell more tickets. It's appealing to the sort of crowd that attended the Swedish house Mafia concert last year at the phenix Park which commercially did very well for MCD, tickets wise. I think MCD are sitting on a PR nightmare running a festival like this with these kind of acts under the Oxegen name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

TweetMe!?! wrote: »
    Glastonbury wanted him for the Saturday night, but they had to settle for The Rolling Stones instead.

I don't think 'having to settle for' are words that are usually used with one of biggest grossing live bands of recent years (3 of the top 10 grossing tours of all timne)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I don't think 'having to settle for' are words that are usually used with one of biggest grossing live bands of recent years (3 of the top 10 grossing tours of all timne)

I don't think you understand jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I don't think you understand jokes

Ah come on, give me a break. You need smiley faces and quotes and stuff for that kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

recyclebin wrote: »
    It's as if they looked at the line up from previous years and said okay we will get rid of all the bands that play instruments, it will be easier if we only have guys who only need a microphone and laptop to preform.

Agreed.

It is also as if MCD have a tiny budget for paying acts and are hoping to increase their profit margins by getting all dance acts in, all while not dropping the ticket price enough to reflect that.

If you had €2k-€3k to burn you could get a majority of those acts to play a private gig in your front living room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I like my dance music, going to tomorrowland for the second time this year, and if you take away the utter cheese they have there's a few good acts. It'll be a very young crowd and to be fair most will be there for a good weekend but that lineup will draw some dodgy dodgy characters.

Advertisement