Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Avicii and Daft Punk just added?? Surely fake?
    I'd say so.. but link?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just a few random heads saying it on twitter, total nonsense.

Just a few random heads saying it on twitter, total nonsense.
    Presumably this fake Oxegen account is the source..

7btUtb.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Here is the lineup to the one I went to in 2009.

oxegen_lineup_14052009.gif

Are tickets to this 150 for the three days? It was 120 for 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I doubt they will add anybody bigger/better than is already there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It might look good on paper but it was an awful mess. A stage sunk, campsite was too small, no timetables to be found so missed most of the lineup. Actually worse than what Oxegen has been in the more recent past. Getting out of Fairyhouse improved it lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Here is the lineup to the one I went to in 2009.

oxegen_lineup_14052009.gif

Are tickets to this 150 for the three days? It was 120 for 2009.

The DEPOSIT was €120. The 2009 camping tickets were €224.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The DEPOSIT was €120. The 2009 camping tickets were €224.50.

Ah, I see. I was rolling in the Benjamins back then so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Toast wrote: »
    It might look good on paper but it was an awful mess. A stage sunk, campsite was too small, no timetables to be found so missed most of the lineup. Actually worse than what Oxegen has been in the more recent past. Getting out of Fairyhouse improved it lots.

Ah I liked the Fairyhouse layout, you could see and hear the stages from your tent, sit outside and chill away from the crowds. i was a wee one back then, so rose tinted(Cider) tinted glasses could be worn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Thinking back to The Phoenix Park (Swedish House Mafia) fiasco and how MCD handled it, I can see Oxegen 2013 going badly wrong and ending in tears for a lot of people.
    MCD you have lost your Mojo and for that reason, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Here's the "Official" (joke) response from the Oxegen 2013 Team to the negative reaction to the line-up;

http://joe.ie/news-politics/current-affairs/have-you-read-the-official-letter-from-the-oxegen-2013-team-0036966-1

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kickslate

This years line up is pretty terrible I think to be honest. They don't even have an top bands, all just top DJ's but it is suppose to be a music festival not just a DJ festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DylanMcCourt

Would Love to see Eminem at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Didn't like the layout tbh. Seemed to take an age to go from the main to the 2nd stage (maybe that's just cos of all the muck).
    Mudfest on the saturday, and scorcher on the Sunday.
    I missed a good few acts too, but saw basement jaxx who were brilliant fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Sorry, but too good to pass up. :D
    Oxegen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

This is a skanger festival for skanger people. There is nothing for you here.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Decision to buy an Early bird 3-day Longitude ticket looks like a great decision...gonna be the best festival this Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Longitude or Forbidden Fruit is my big problem now. Leaning towards Longitude which will be more like a traditional multi-stage festival.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Decision to buy an Early bird 3-day Longitude ticket looks like a great decision...gonna be the best festival this Summer

Best Irish festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

not to mention that ridiculous 1-way system they had for the 2nd stage when it finally opened.
    at least twice a day i'd forget and try go in the "exit" side, before having to walk all the way round again in the muck :pac:

lordgoat wrote: »
    Best Irish festival.
    Well.. let's see what EP comes up with first.

QOTSA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

That wasn't 2002, the sun split the rocks for the 2 days that year. I remember being absolutely scalded watching Oasis on the Sunday night.

Actually thinking back, the Saturday was horrible. Green Day getting everyone to throw the muck around made me remember the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Let's have a poll.

Thank this post if you are going to Oxegen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Thank this post if you are not going to Oxegen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

An appalling line up. Oxegen looks more like God's kitchen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dooooownhill so so fast. 2011 wasn't a bad lineup, 2010 was far better. But this years? Calvin Harris? Muck.

Loving the overall outrage at the lineup. It's pretty much exactly what I expected.

There is no room for any other kind of a festival in Ireland this summer.

They said it was changing direction to more chart/dance/hip hop. (They've cut the hip hop and just made it commercial). This will sell quicker than any of the other ones.

I'm glad it's on the circuit as it is. I won't be going but there is a demand for it.

BX 19 wrote: »
    Dooooownhill so so fast. 2011 wasn't a bad lineup, 2010 was far better. But this years? Calvin Harris? Muck.

But Calvin Harris played main stage in 2009?

So were you whinging about that back then?

Don't like it. Don't go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Raverman

Found this - kinda sums up everything...

Advertisement