Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr.S wrote: »
    The Killers headlined before! ;)

Stop encouraging them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

One wonders will the MCD PR & Legal Teams try shutdown or cover up , the unlimited bad press now . In order to get the event Licence which this will be subject (As all older Boardies Know):o

Or maybe this very type of Negative Press , will attract the crowd demographic they are aiming this event at.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

lordgoat wrote: »
    When's the last time a rock n roll band played oxegen?

A wee band called Foo Fighters headlined the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thedarksh1te

JJ wrote: »
    This is a skanger festival for skanger people. There is nothing for you here.

Might be a good idea to drop a neutron bomb on Punchestown that weekend and eradicate half the filth in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Might be a good idea to drop a neutron bomb on Punchestown that weekend and eradicate half the filth in this country.

Or we just eradicate snobby idiots like yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

lordgoat wrote: »
    When's the last time a rock n roll band played oxegen?

stereophonics, the who, blur, red hot chilli peppers, green day, arctic monkeys, the strokes, feeder, foo fighters, manic street preachers, the killers, kings of leon, the fratellis, snow patrol, placebo & a gazzilion more! there just the ones of seen over the last few years that popped into my head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Lol at people acting like Oxegen is the only festival in all of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

DominoDub wrote: »
    One wonders will the MCD PR & Legal Teams try shutdown or cover up , the unlimited bad press now . In order to get the event Licence which this will be subject (As all older Boardies Know):o

:

The sole infraction on my account is thanks to those f**kers! Ruined my nice guy reputation!

II really don't see the problem with Oxegen and the lineup, most people who had gone in the early years gave up after 06,regardless of who played. As has been said ad nauseum, there's plenty of other festivals these days if this isn't to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭klose

Eh chemical brothers and daft punk are also muck, a few hits and the zombies jump on board, talented my ass, granted they are talented compared to this years tripe! Woeful

This post hurt me
    going off topic here but even the fact it´s called EDM now is a pure Americanism, almost like wiping out hundreds of genres and subgenres of dance music that have developed over 25 years (cause the US public can´t understand the difference and get confused) into one nice marketable "EDM" package.
    Sorry to sound like an elitist d1ck but it does annoy me.

Apologies i dont like the term either but it was easy to use for a quick post late last night

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Can someone tell me if that letter that's been posted by the "Oxygen Team" is fake or real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eldest200 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if that letter that's been posted by the "Oxygen Team" is fake or real?
    the one from the rubber bandits? ...dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

I'm not sure who did it but it's probably fake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Its obviously a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Was looling forward to hitting my first OXEGEN .... Saw the line up .... Feck that , I ll give the Galway races a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

I think the line up is good considering they said it was dance/rap based from the beginning. Would have liked Kings of Leon or Arctic Monkeys there too though. I wonder will they make a rock festival in Ireland now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 struper1

so disappointed when I heard the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

struper1 wrote: »
    so disappointed when I heard the lineup

Not as disappointed as the Garda, Medics and the Stewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

eldest200 wrote: »

I'd say the real Oxegen team would manage to spell the name of their own festival correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

no

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

While Id love to go and see snoop , chase & status , soulwax and crookers , it does'nt justify the ticket price.

Also I really hate stepping into this generalisation as ive had a great time at oxegen before despite the rep, but it does truly seem like it will be full of <21 scumbags this year.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭Frank Gallagher pissed

While Id love to go and see snoop , chase & status , soulwax and crookers , it does'nt justify the ticket price.

Also I really hate stepping into this generalisation as ive had a great time at oxegen before despite the rep, but it does truly seem like it will be full of <21 scumbags this year.

Would really love to see Alesso, Chase and Status and Otto Knows would be worth a look. Other than nothing pushes me really. The price is still disgraceful for whats on offer, no way this sells out . Might get a day pass if it lands right and I'm bothered when its near August. Or rock up and see how big the fence is.

Decisions , decisions.

• Site Banned Posts: 52 ✭✭Frank Gallagher pissed

On another note in defence of us commercial dance music fans, the line up is still very ****. If thats the way MCD want to play it, why not compare the line up to Creamfields???

The line up at Creamfields is still 10 times better and they have the Prodigy headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its like they decided to just have the dance stage as the main event, no main stage, Vodafone stage or Pet Sounds stage etc.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Its like they decided to just have the dance stage as the main event, no main stage, Vodafone stage or Pet Sounds stage etc.

There was a dance stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Isn't Snoop Dogg now Snoop Lion? Hope they haven't printed up the billboard posters already.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

There was a dance stage?

yeah the dance arena its inside the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Isn't Snoop Dogg now Snoop Lion? Hope they haven't printed up the billboard posters already.

I think he's stuck in between being a Lion and a Dogg and is so smoked he doesn't know what he is anymore, One thing I do know is, He's dated..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

DC10555 wrote: »
    I think he's stuck in between being a Lion and a Dogg and is so smoked he doesn't know what he is anymore, One thing I do know is, He's dated..

He might be dated but is still one of the most influential people in hip-hop , and if he decides to bang out a load of his classics then it would be a brilliant gig.

Id still rather see a terrible snoop dogg set than macklemore or any of this new breed of 'artists' destroying hiphop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

barry194 wrote: »
    I think the line up is good considering they said it was dance/rap based from the beginning. Would have liked Kings of Leon or Arctic Monkeys there too though. I wonder will they make a rock festival in Ireland now?

Make a rock festival? Apart from inDIEpendence, EP, Longitude and all the others?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Shando316 wrote: »
    A wee band called Foo Fighters headlined the last one.
    stereophonics, the who, blur, red hot chilli peppers, green day, arctic monkeys, the strokes, feeder, foo fighters, manic street preachers, the killers, kings of leon, the fratellis, snow patrol, placebo & a gazzilion more! there just the ones of seen over the last few years that popped into my head

None of these are rock n roll.

Pesky kids and their modern definitions of things. If either of ye had said the kinks I would have conceded (think they played once). Although you have the who so have a point for them

also Lol at the fratellis (minus 3,247 points for these) - congrats on mentioning one of the few bands possibly worse than anything on this years line up.
    He might be dated but is still one of the most influential people in hip-hop , and if he decides to bang out a load of his classics then it would be a brilliant gig.

Id still rather see a terrible snoop dogg set than macklemore or any of this new breed of 'artists' destroying hiphop.

Ah all new hip hop is needed. It's still the only genre moving forward at any kind of pace...

Advertisement