Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

DC10555 wrote: »
    I think he's stuck in between being a Lion and a Dogg and is so smoked he doesn't know what he is anymore, One thing I do know is, He's dated..

Ah he was brilliant last year at Phoneix Park, played all the classics!
    Make a rock festival? Apart from inDIEpendence, EP, Longitude and all the others?

Well I mean a festival with the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Kings Of Leon etc. None of them festivals have the likes of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ah all new hip hop is needed. It's still the only genre moving forward at any kind of pace...
    I would disagree that hip-hop is the only genre progressing, Like rock moved to a softer more 'indie' vibe I would also say that both have gone in a poor direction.

Hand me 90's gangster rap from either coast any day, the only thing I will say is the progression of UK hip-hop (with garage influences) and sub-genres like grime have produced some amazing artists. Also Ireland has produced some brilliant acts like class a'z , but US hip-hop has gone to the dogs (save K lemar and a few other artists being supported by massive 90s rap icons)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Pinewoo

None of these are rock n roll.

Pesky kids and their modern definitions of things. If either of ye had said the kinks I would have conceded (think they played once). Although you have the who so have a point for them

also Lol at the fratellis (minus 3,247 points for these) - congrats on mentioning one of the few bands possibly worse than anything on this years line up.

Ah all new hip hop is needed. It's still the only genre moving forward at any kind of pace...

The music snobbery is strong with this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

He might be dated but is still one of the most influential people in hip-hop , and if he decides to bang out a load of his classics then it would be a brilliant gig.

Id still rather see a terrible snoop dogg set than macklemore or any of this new breed of 'artists' destroying hiphop.

Yea that's true! lol I'd rather Snoop than the majority of these new hip-hop artists..
    barry194 wrote: »
    Ah he was brilliant last year at Phoneix Park, played all the classics!
    Come to think of it I agree, He got the crowd going at the Phoenix Park alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I've seen Snoop live a few times now and he's always puts on a great show, really enjoyable and he seems to love the Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pinewoo wrote: »
    The music snobbery is strong with this one...

The awful taste in music is strong with this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 notanerd

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I've seen Snoop live a few times now and he's always puts on a great show, really enjoyable and he seems to love the Irish.

More like he loves the Euro!!! As for all the calling people snobs for voicing their opinion, it's not snobbery its called having some taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Think its a really poor line up myself ,If they were going to do a dance festival then they could have done a lot better IMO. Maybe if they wanted to do a festival of this stature then they should have re branded. I can understand why they have this sort of line up though , Oxegen made a loss in 2011 , this current line up won`t cost as much as a normal oxegen to put on. Not sure if this will sell out or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I wouldn't even go to this ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9tHbR6vc9I77sj3uXkPK5ImG-uQgGNmb6EhmqW6xvu9CPNo_yRQ

Keep Rockin'?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I'm really enjoying the people/idiots who are following the fake Oxegen twitter account - "OfficialOxegen". (I'm not following the account BTW, it's showing under #Oxegen 2013)

People will believe and RT anything it asks. Crazy stuff.

Latest update: "Groundbreaking announcement in 30 minutes! May change your opinion of Oxegen 2013! RT for 2 w/e tickets and 2 backstage passes for Saturday"

Currently 503 RT and 22 favourites and numerous replies!!

Absolute idiots of the highest order!!!

... I think it's a great line-up! Pity I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I'm really enjoying the people/idiots who are following the fake Oxegen twitter account - "OfficialOxegen". (I'm not following in case I get abuse, it's showing under #Oxegen 2013)

People will believe and RT anything it asks. Crazy stuff.

Latest update: "Groundbreaking announcement in 30 minutes! May change your opinion of Oxegen 2013! RT for 2 w/e tickets and 2 backstage passes for Saturday"

Currently 503 RT and 22 favourites and numerous replies!!

Absolute idiots of the highest order!!!

It even says Parody under its picture lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

It even says Parody under its picture lol

It sure does and yet 10,681 people still follow it. What a country we live in.

The announcement was that "Margies fine Cuisine" will return to Oxegen along with a nice picture of a chip van.

People then reacting in utter anger at the disgrace announcement.

I mean good god almighty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Whats worse is the amount of people that believed the 2011 line up with an criu craicailte from this years Irish oral was the actual line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Dónal wrote: »
    ... I think it's a great line-up! Pity I can't make it.

:eek: :rolleyes:

I hope you do make it! you both deserve each other. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

The awful taste in music is strong with this one...

Surely the people who will go to Oxegen would say you have awful taste in music. Why is your opinion correct while theirs is wrong? That's snobbery my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beepop

Had a good laugh at Oxygen on twitter last night trying to redeem themselves! They even know the line up is bad!

Surely the people who will go to Oxegen would say you have awful taste in music. Why is your opinion correct while theirs is wrong? That's snobbery my friend.

You seem to have missed the joke.

Seeing as I actually listen to some if the acts going to oxegen your point makes no sense.

Some bands are just ****. The fratellis are as close to the bottom of the pile as it gets. This isn't being snobby.

I wish Kold were here.

beepop wrote: »
    Had a good laugh at Oxygen on twitter last night trying to redeem themselves! They even know the line up is bad!

People are mistaking the line up as bad when in fact it's just different.

If you like chart/pop/djs this is a super line up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

You seem to have missed the joke.

Seeing as I actually listen to some if the acts going to oxegen your point makes no sense.

Some bands are just ****. The fratellis are as close to the bottom of the pile as it gets. This isn't being snobby.

I wish Kold were here.

What gives you the right to say that about the Fratellis? You're a nobody, nothing but a keyboard warrior.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Great lineup, I wont be going most likely but I could see myself enjoying that lineup to be honest, the audience doesnt bother me, im there for the music not to go people watching

What gives you the right to say that about the Fratellis? You're a nobody, nothing but a keyboard warrior.

Calm down dude. It ain't my fault they're a ****e band.

We're all nobodies together. Actually that would put us in the company of the fratellis. And I have to disagree with you as I'm definitely better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Electric Picnic line up looks pretty good. Can imagine it's going to be packed this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Calm down dude. It ain't my fault they're a ****e band.

We're all nobodies together. Actually that would put us in the company of the fratellis. And I have to disagree with you as I'm definitely better than that.

you can fratell me whos good or bad thats just daft, punk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just had a look at the top viewed videos of all time on Youtube and Pitbull is in it 3 times with two of them in the top 12. Who would have thunk it!!! Just like Calvin Harris he has had a lot of success collaborating with other big names but I would doubt he would pull a big crowd on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

I'm a huge dance music fan and even as a "dance music festival" I don't want to go really .. Nicky Romero, dimitri Vegas and like mike, alesso and chase and status are the only good acts there imo and unless they line up on the same day I can't see myself going . Oxegen has nothing on the real dance music festivals like Ultra, tommorowland or EDC New York .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Cannot wait for this, it's going to be a brilliant one and there's numerous acts there I wanna see. Calvin Harris, Chase and Status, Nero, Labrinth, Rizzle Kicks and John Gibbons to name a few, definitely worth the 150 tomorrow!

But of course if you're not a fan of the music then it MUST be a bad line up. The music snobbery that this line up has produced is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

I know MCD are trying to change it into more of a dance festival this year, but honestly i would of thought they would of done the research on the dates? There is about 3 or 4 much bigger dance festivals on at the same time on the other side of the atlantic.. most of the good people were probably already booked. I'm a big fan of dance music and for the budget they had the line up isn't too bad.. i just would of thought that MCD would of done a bit more research into their chosen dates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

I'd love to go to this... too bad I'm not a shitebag, shame.

Advertisement