Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

lordgoat wrote: »

Some bands are just ****. The fratellis are as close to the bottom of the pile as it gets. This isn't being snobby.

Ahhhh.. it is a little though. I think you're just confusing your subjective opinions with facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

SV wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this, it's going to be a brilliant one and there's numerous acts there I wanna see. Calvin Harris, Chase and Status, Nero, Labrinth, Rizzle Kicks and John Gibbons to name a few, definitely worth the 150 tomorrow!

But of course if you're not a fan of the music then it MUST be a bad line up. The music snobbery that this line up has produced is astounding.

Haha fact, everyone paints us with the same brush! Rizzle Kicks are awful live though haha

Can't wait to see Chase and Status, Dimitri V and Like Mike, Nicky Romero, Alesso and Congorock!

Otto Knows, Nero, Crookers, Duke Dumont and Dj Fresh prob worth a look and hopefully Dead Prezidents are playing early in the day as their class.

Snoop, Example and Calvin Harris are well worth seeing again.

Guetta isn't too bad as long as he doesn't play too much of his own stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

barry194 wrote: »
    Haha fact, everyone paints us with the same brush! Rizzle Kicks are awful live though haha

Can't wait to see Chase and Status, Dimitri V and Like Mike, Nicky Romero, Alesso and Congorock!

Otto Knows, Nero, Crookers, Duke Dumont and Dj Fresh prob worth a look and hopefully Dead Prezidents are playing early in the day as their class.

Wishful thinking my friend haha.

Legion. wrote: »
    Wishful thinking my friend haha.

haha he's not too bad though, I went to him in Dublin for Benny Benassi and Example but he played a lot of tunes that weren't his which it made it alright! I will probably go to the other stage when he's on though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Already seen Rizzle Kicks live in the Olympia and they were great, granted they don't seem to translate to the big stage well and everything I've seen of them on tv like this has been pretty bad alright!
    Still have to give them a chance haha

Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike were in The Foundry, Carlow during rag week, they put on one hell of a show in a relatively small venue so can't wait for them at Oxegen.

Definitely Duke Dumont after listening to him on youtube all last night, unreal.

To be honest the only act on the line up so far that I won't have the slightest bit of interest in seeing is Pitbull. I don't understand why he's even there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

Just ran my mate who works in a shop with a Ticketmaster outlet and he said that on the computer it says ticketmaster have sold just over 3000 tickets today. Id say that pretty poor to be honest.

smileyp123 wrote: »
    Just ran my mate who works in a shop with a Ticketmaster outlet and he said that on the computer it says ticketmaster have sold just over 3000 tickets today. Id say that pretty poor to be honest.

Around €450,000 made in 4 hours on the first day? with three months left to go?

I wouldn't say that's pretty poor at all to be honest but I don't know what ticket sales were like any year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I wouldn't say that's pretty poor at all to be honest but I don't know what ticket sales were like any year before.

Special ticket prices are for today only so it's pretty poor if you ask me.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Special ticket prices are for today only so it's pretty poor if you ask me.

That's true but it was only announced a few days ago that it'd be this price and for one day only, not everyone has the money waiting there to be spent on tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

If those figures are anyway true, it's a terrible performance.

Most major worldwide acts that play the O2 in Dublin can sell 14,000 tickets in under 2 minutes.(Killers, Pink, Fleetwood Mac etc etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

hhhmmmmm .. about 7.5% of available tickets sold on the first day ... not exactly encouraging ... then again the target audience might not have money available to purchase tickets instantly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

RayCon wrote: »
    hhhmmmmm .. about 7.5% of available tickets sold on the first day ... not exactly encouraging ... then again the target audience might not have money available to purchase tickets instantly.
    Yeah, they don't get their dole until Wednesday!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rayne10

What is everybody's problem ? you dont like the line up and are convinced its going to be full of scumbags and a bad crowd so theres no way you are going blah blah, then stop commenting saying the same mundane comments under oxegen pictures, status's, forums about the festival etc etc , Me or my friends are in no way what some peoples perception of the ''target audience'' is and we are more than likely going, ....and i saw a comment from someone here saying sales may be poor because ''target audience" doesnt have the money upfront, eek!, ...I hate the line up for Electric picnic and wouldnt be interested in going, you dont see me going around on a mad one complaining! So chillax people no one is making you buy a ticket for oxegen :-) enjoy your summer and stop being so snobby and bitter!

rayne10 wrote: »
    What is everybody's problem ? you dont like the line up and are convinced its going to be full of scumbags and a bad crowd so theres no way you are going blah blah, then stop commenting saying the same mundane comments under oxegen pictures, status's, forums about the festival etc etc , Me or my friends are in no way what some peoples perception of the ''target audience'' is and we are more than likely going, ....and i saw a comment from someone here saying sales may be poor because ''target audience" doesnt have the money upfront, eek!, ...I hate the line up for Electric picnic and wouldnt be interested in going, you dont see me going around on a mad one complaining! So chillax people no one is making you buy a ticket for oxegen :-) enjoy your summer and stop being so snobby and bitter!

This. Pretty much just this.

I think the main problem with this Oxegen line up is people thinking that Oxegen belongs to them and their taste of music as it's been like that the entire time it's existed.
    Even though they said it was going to be changing format it still hasn't stopped the complaints.

Let them on, I guess.
    People saying it will just be a stabfest and the likes though, just poor poor jokes really.
    There was stabbings at Oxegen in 2011 with all the bands people look forward to. NEWSFLASH: Scumbags are not limited to one genre of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

I like the line up. It annoys me that people are disgusted by it and branding it a scumfest or whatever.

People dont like change. It is different to other years but they will still sell tickets. That is all they care about and for someone like me I would prefer this sort of line up to a rock band or alternative rock line up.

Its a matter of taste and this sort of music is very popular nowadays and whether you like it or not they will sell tickets for it.

Just because I like it doesnt mean I am going to get off my face on pills and stab somebody.

If I go. I'd love to see Alesso( Brilliant dj), Example(saw him before but his sets and great craic), Nicky Romero, Snoop Dogg, Chase and Status, David Guetta(saw him before and as much as he is criticised his sets are very enjoable) and Calvin Harris( Saw him once and saw half of him ast phoenix park and oxegen 2011, would see him again no bother).

It isnt really a 'Packed' line up but they are only one or two acts( daft punk, axwell, avicii, chemical brothers) away from it being a very very good line up for a dance festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Hey lads,

Calm down first off!!

No i don't believe I own oxegen.
    I was just looking forward to a decent mix festival like they had the last few years.

Actually 2011 was a bit of a knackerfest anyway as any event in ireland seems to turn to now.

People are disappointed with the build up and then a line up that can be described as disappointing.

Nobody is attacking your music guys, just like I know you are not attacking other music fans either, but is your argument any different?

Look at the first post of this thread and guage the expectations as too what people wanted.

They should just have rebranded this event then there would be nobody upset.

coolisin wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Calm down first off!!

No i don't believe I own oxegen.
    I was just looking forward to a decent mix festival like they had the last few years.

Actually 2011 was a bit of a knackerfest anyway as any event in ireland seems to turn to now.

People are disappointed with the build up and then a line up that can be described as disappointing.

Nobody is attacking your music guys, just like I know you are not attacking other music fans either, but is your argument any different?

Look at the first post of this thread and guage the expectations as too what people wanted.

They should just have rebranded this event then there would be nobody upset.

I would hardly call a message saying "We'll be back in 2013" on the website and a general uncertainty as to whether it would be back on as a build up. Especially when you consider when it was confirmed it was said it would be more dance/hip-hop.

Plenty of people are attacking the music and also attacking people who are looking forward to attending it or even considering attending it, being branded knackers and scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Got my tickets today. Really looking forward to it if I'm honest. As I said before I would have preferred a couple of big-name festival bands but I still really like the lineup. The only people I wouldn't bother with are Pitbull and Rita Ora. Was holding out for EPs lineup but they had no BBC and the Oxegen price is quite good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Yeah but trouble with the Image dance and Hip hop has attracted lately SV.

Heavy metal has an image of 6ft tall guys, with 5ft long beards and hair in black jeans and tshirts.

I like dance music I like hiphop but this will attract a minority crowd of scum that will ruin it for the majority to make it so that i wouldnt bother attending.
    That and on that list all id want to see right away is sasha.
    And old style oxegen was knackfest enough, in 2011, i should know i was there.

Creamfields in punchstown was good back in the day, but since then it seems dance took such a downturn rep wise.

coolisin wrote: »
    Yeah but trouble with the Image dance and Hip hop has attracted lately SV.

Heavy metal has an image of 6ft tall guys, with 5ft long beards and hair in black jeans and tshirts.

I like dance music I like hiphop but this will attract a minority crowd of scum that will ruin it for the majority to make it so that i wouldnt bother attending.
    That and on that list all id want to see right away is sasha.
    And old style oxegen was knackfest enough, in 2011, i should know i was there.

Creamfields in punchstown was good back in the day, but since then it seems dance took such a downturn rep wise.

It's definitely the minority though. I was at the SHM gig that the tabloids and media portrayed as 'hell'. I didn't see any trouble whatsoever and had one of the best nights of my life, as did all of my friends.

It does attract some scum but so does every genre.
    I can't see a minority of scum ruining it for the majority.

• Advertisement

peterc1991 wrote: »
    I like the line up. It annoys me that people are disgusted by it and branding it a scumfest or whatever.

People dont like change. It is different to other years but they will still sell tickets. That is all they care about and for someone like me I would prefer this sort of line up to a rock band or alternative rock line up.

Its a matter of taste and this sort of music is very popular nowadays and whether you like it or not they will sell tickets for it.

Just because I like it doesnt mean I am going to get off my face on pills and stab somebody.

If I go. I'd love to see Alesso( Brilliant dj), Example(saw him before but his sets and great craic), Nicky Romero, Snoop Dogg, Chase and Status, David Guetta(saw him before and as much as he is criticised his sets are very enjoable) and Calvin Harris( Saw him once and saw half of him ast phoenix park and oxegen 2011, would see him again no bother).

It isnt really a 'Packed' line up but they are only one or two acts( daft punk, axwell, avicii, chemical brothers) away from it being a very very good line up for a dance festival.

D'ya think they'll announce 1 more headliner when the rest of the acts come out? Avicii posted on his facebook page twice before the line up saying 'Ireland I want your opinions on my new songs specifically! Hope to see you soon.' I think it would be a smart move for MCD to announce someone like him in June or so to attract more people and make the final sales. Similar to the Eminem concert in Slane where they haven't announced the support acts who will more than likely generate more sales.

Anyway bought my ticket today, cant wait.

rayne10 wrote: »
    ....and i saw a comment from someone here saying sales may be poor because ''target audience" doesnt have the money upfront, eek!, ...

That was me .... and Im speaking from the point of view of being a Dad of a 16yr old who wants to go , but he doesn't have the money yet to buy a ticket - hence my comment. What you thought I inferred by my comment is a matter for you ....

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

That was me .... and Im speaking from the point of view of being a Dad of a 16yr old who wants to go , but he doesn't have the money yet to buy a ticket - hence my comment. What you thought I inferred by my comment is a matter for you ....

You are aware it's over 18s..?

Given that this is being advertised as an over 18's event and ID required. Are you going to leave him go?

I've been to every Oxegen since 2005 (n/a in 2012) and I know there is no real issue with being under 17 (as it's previously been). You simply needed to grab someone at the gate over 25 to sign a form.

You are aware it's over 18s..?

Unless accompanied by a 25yr+ guardian ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Is it difficult to find some one 25 to sign ya in? Are they very strict on entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Unless accompanied by a 25yr+ guardian ...
    case885 wrote: »
    Is it difficult to find some one 25 to sign ya in? Are they very strict on entry?

Asked in the ticketmaster outlet in Limerick today about ages as I've friends who are 17.. They've apparently been told it's strictly 18's and not to sell a ticket to under 18s.

It's strictly 18's ID required.
    25's rule is gone, you're either 18 or down 150 quid.

case885 wrote: »

It might be a bit more difficult this year because the amount of people attending who will be over 25 will be greatly reduced PLUS it looks like this rule is now gone!!!!!!

Also depends what policy they decide to adopt after all the hassle last summer at Phoenix Park. They were fairly strict at the David Guetta Marlay Park gig and I saw plenty people being refused entry.

They may be very strict on the whole 18+ policy but may not. It's all the one to MCD, if you're refused, as they will have your cash and won't issue refunds as it clearly states its over 18's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Mr.S wrote: »
    The guardian sign in thing hasn't even been confirmed yet, its not on Ticketmaster or MCD or the Oxegen site!

Oxegen in the past haven't been that strict, but they do ID people and will probably be quite strict this year.

Im guessing if you are refused in there are people there that would be looking for tickets? or am i wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

What age do I have to be to attend OXEGEN?

OXEGEN is strictly 18s and over only – ID required and will be checked rigorously before entry. Under 18s will only be admitted if accompanied by guardian/relative 25 years or over who will also be in attendance at the festival and will sign for and accept responsibility for said person. Policy will be strictly enforced – persons who purchase and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund.

It's confirmed

Advertisement