Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

case885 wrote: »
    Im guessing if you are refused in there are people there that would be looking for tickets? or am i wrong

seeing as i doubt it wil lsell out you're wrong.. plus there'll be a ticketmaster van where tickets can be bought at the festival

smurphy69 wrote: »
    What age do I have to be to attend OXEGEN?

OXEGEN is strictly 18s and over only – ID required and will be checked rigorously before entry. Under 18s will only be admitted if accompanied by guardian/relative 25 years or over who will also be in attendance at the festival and will sign for and accept responsibility for said person. Policy will be strictly enforced – persons who purchase and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund.

It's confirmed

from where? the website itself is coming up as page not found for age restrictions? and wouldnt tie in with what ticketmaster outlets were told previously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

3rd option is to hop the fence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

bennyl10 wrote: »
    from where? the website itself is coming up as page not found for age restrictions? and wouldnt tie in with what ticketmaster outlets were told previously

I simply went onto oxegen.ie
    Then clicked FAQs
    And age restrictions popped up with the over 18s blah blah under 18 must be accompanied by 25
    BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Is it difficult to find some one 25 to sign ya in? Are they very strict on entry?

There has been a problem in the past few years at Oxegen with regards people selling tickets outside.

People go through ticket scan and get the wristband. Then later that day, they come outside and offer to sell the used ticket, stating that it's the real deal, for anywhere from €30-€80 cheaper than TM prices. They sell the ticket, take the cash and head back inside.

Of course, the barcode has already been used and therefore the purchaser is stuck with a ticket of no value.

Many people are now very slow to buy tickets outside venues/festivals!!

• Advertisement

I simply went onto oxegen.ie
    Then clicked FAQs
    And age restrictions popped up with the over 18s blah blah under 18 must be accompanied by 25
    BOOM

"Error - File Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server."

That was the quote from before, was it not?

Think they're updating the age restrictions currently. Would explain why it's down atm.

There has been a problem in the past few years at Oxegen with regards people selling tickets outside.

People go through ticket scan and get the wristband. Then later that day, they come outside and offer to sell the used ticket, stating that it's the real deal, for anywhere from €30-€80 cheaper than TM prices. They sell the ticket, take the cash and head back inside.

Of course, the barcode has already been used and therefore the purchaser is stuck with a ticket of no value.

Many people are now very slow to buy tickets outside venues/festivals!!

Why didnt they check them to see if they had the wristbands on? I suppose or best job is to get some one over 25 to sign us in

from ticketmaster website
    "Over 18s event, Garda ID required."

It's clearly updated due to it saying 18s

It's clearly updated due to it saying 18s

The mobile site has NOT been updated yet. it still has dates listed in the header as July 07 - July 10/ 2011.

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The mobile site has NOT been updated yet. it still has dates listed in the header as July 07 - July 10/ 2011.

THEN WHY DOES IT SAY 18s!?

THEN WHY DOES IT SAY 18s!?

it always has.
    Surely they'd change the header before they'd update the FAQ.. and the faq has not yet been updated on the actual website.. now it could very well end up being under 18s with 25s..

But surely ticketmaster of all sites would have that up when you buy a ticket?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it?

It's always said 17s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

hi folks
    anyone know if one night non camping tickets will go on sale? And what night is Guetta on?
    cheers

siochain wrote: »
    hi folks
    anyone know if one night non camping tickets will go on sale? And what night is Guetta on?
    cheers

two day non camping are on sale. I'd imagine day tickets will go onsale eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rayne10

RayCon wrote: »
    That was me .... and Im speaking from the point of view of being a Dad of a 16yr old who wants to go , but he doesn't have the money yet to buy a ticket - hence my comment. What you thought I inferred by my comment is a matter for you ....

Apologies! I missread it and took it up different

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rayne10

I went when I was barely 16 and at the time i think it was 'strictly over 17/18's) i cant remember if it was 17 or 18 ..anyhow i was underage, i wasnt looked at twice, there is so many people there, crowds trying to bull through, theyre far too busy to be checking ID every few mins! however after the phoenix park incident i would say they are going to step up security and be more vigilant with ID, when i was in the que them few years ago within 10minutes i was chatting to a group of people who said theyd sign me in no problem if I was asked so should be no problem :)

rayne10 wrote: »
    I went when I was barely 16 and at the time i think it was 'strictly over 17/18's) i cant remember if it was 17 or 18 ..anyhow i was underage, i wasnt looked at twice, there is so many people there, crowds trying to bull through, theyre far too busy to be checking ID every few mins! however after the phoenix park incident i would say they are going to step up security and be more vigilant with ID, when i was in the que them few years ago within 10minutes i was chatting to a group of people who said theyd sign me in no problem if I was asked so should be no problem :)

Hopefully if you dont look 15 and like a scumbag they might leave ya in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Hopefully if you dont look 15 and like a scumbag they might leave ya in :)

It's oxegen ffs, it's the official uniform. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hopefully if you dont look 15 and like a scumbag they might leave let ya in :)

With Oxegen announcing quite a while back that they were changing direction with the festival, a few of my friends decided to take on Benicassim instead. They're delighted!

• Advertisement

Steve O wrote: »
    It's oxegen ffs, it's the official uniform. :pac:

Not in the past it wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

35fdkt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

MUSE are touring this summer and they dont have any gigs between July 27th and August 10th ?? Would fit their schedule perfectly and would make up for the **** line up so far

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

podgemk wrote: »
    MUSE are touring this summer and they dont have any gigs between July 27th and August 10th ?? Would fit their schedule perfectly and would make up for the **** line up so far

Do you really think Muse would fit in to that line up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

There is approximately 0% chance of that happening...

Wow youre optimistic..

Anyone think macklemore will be announced?

Anyone think macklemore will be announced?

Doing his own gig in the O2 in September so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Calvin Harris and David Guetta, headlining, seriously? I seen Calvin Harris in college last year....tickets were a tenner....

Also Artic Monkeys are headlining at Electric Picnic! Think I'll be going there instead this year unless they announce some serious acts to headline Oxegen.

There's also so many big names coming to Ireland already...eminem, the killers etc....

I think sales for Oxegen are going to be seriously down this year....

• Advertisement

maguic24 wrote: »
    Calvin Harris and David Guetta, headlining, seriously? I seen Calvin Harris in college last year....tickets were a tenner....

Also Artic Monkeys are headlining at Electric Picnic! Think I'll be going there instead this year unless they announce some serious acts to headline Oxegen.

There's also so many big names coming to Ireland already...eminem, the killers etc....

I think sales for Oxegen are going to be seriously down this year....

What college did you see Calvin Harris for a tenner :p

Advertisement