Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

barry194 wrote: »
    What college did you see Calvin Harris for a tenner :p

DCU - Start of year/Orientation ball in 2011? It could have been €12 but all I know was definitely less than €20 anyways, because i was broke...

What college did you see Calvin Harris for a tenner :p

€15 my bad...here's a link to the facebook event put up by the students union....

https://www.facebook.com/events/195552383840595/

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

maguic24 wrote: »
    €15 my bad...here's a link to the facebook event put up by the students union....

https://www.facebook.com/events/195552383840595/

That was class but he's a lot bigger now in fairness.

I suppose he is. I am a big fan but i have seen him twice so i'm gonna pass on Oxegen this year. I am still shocked he is headlining but i think it's because i seen him when he wasn't as popular. No one accuse me of being a hipster!! I still like him. :P I'm getting old. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

wouldn't say that, i don't think he's any bigger now than he was back then when he was topping the charts with Dizzee Rascal or Rhianna, or having multiple top 10 hits on his own...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Rhythm Scheme have just being announced for Oxegen

https://www.facebook.com/oxegen/posts/10152309428555260?comment_id=28069081&offset=0&total_comments=68&notif_t=share_reply

Alot of people in college consider it the best monthly live show :) they're a local dance act from galway that incorporate a drummer, guitarist, Bass player, and a DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jimmy is keeping the festival in the family so seeing as The Saw Doctors aren't there this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The only reason Calvin Harris isn't still doing gigs in college bars for 12 quid is because he did a few collaborations with big names. Having him headlining irelands biggest music festival is a disgrace.

Edit: Yeah its great to see Rythm Scheme there, their gigs in kelly's were always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ah yeah, free tickets(they're everywhere as they cant sell the things).

This will be my third time, hopefully the crowd this year isnt too bad, Im an EDM fan but mainstream stuff like that can tend to appeal to the trackie brigade.

Allesso
    Chase And Status
    Soulwax
    Rizzle Kicks
    Nicky Romero
    Sasha
    Dimitry and Like Mike
    Rudeboys
    Erol Alkan
    Fake blood
    Crookers
    Congorock

Thats my to see list, probably gonna be loads of clashes but meh, thats festivals.

ED E wrote: »
    Ah yeah, free tickets(they're everywhere as they cant sell the things).

This will be my third time, hopefully the crowd this year isnt too bad, Im an EDM fan but mainstream stuff like that can tend to appeal to the trackie brigade.

Allesso
    Chase And Status
    Soulwax
    Rizzle Kicks
    Nicky Romero
    Sasha
    Dimitry and Like Mike
    Rudeboys
    Erol Alkan
    Fake blood
    Crookers
    Congorock

Thats my to see list, probably gonna be loads of clashes but meh, thats festivals.

How dya get free tickets?

I'd avoid Rizzle Kicks, they're awful live! Congorock is gonna be mad I reckon, his tunes are nuts haha

• Advertisement

How dya get free tickets?

I'd avoid Rizzle Kicks, they're awful live! Congorock is gonna be mad I reckon, his tunes are nuts haha

Spin1038. A few of the radio stations are doing regular giveaways. Text in enough times and you'll eventually get a pair.

Thanks for the tip on rizzle kicks.

ED E wrote: »
    Spin1038. A few of the radio stations are doing regular giveaways. Text in enough times and you'll eventually get a pair.

Got mine already haha, I'd love to see stats on how much they've sold for all their concerts this summer. JT will be below Oxegen surely? 80 is mad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Soulwax (band)
    Hello everyone,

We've decided to postpone our Soulwax shows over the summer so we can get our new record properly finished and have it ready for release this autumn.
    Sorry to whoever had bought tickets but we'd rather give you a good show and a good album than rushed versions of both.
    We'll have some good news about some 2manydjs Under The Covers shows instead very soon.

Thanks for all your support, everyone.

David and Stephen

Only act I kinda wanted to see out of the entire lineup haha.

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Only act I kinda wanted to see out of the entire lineup haha.

Ah bollix.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Source?

Just an educated guess. If you follow the stations on social networks people normally beg like mad for prizes, this year people are telling them to keep them. And the sheer volume that are been given out this early, two years ago it would be a pair a day, now its a 3 or 4 pairs per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wriiten on times website tonight that it is being rumoured oxegen is to be moved to Marlay Park due to low ticket sales.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Wriiten on times website tonight that it is being rumoured oxegen is to be moved to Marlay Park due to low ticket sales.

haha really

haha really

Yup.. must be selling absolutely awfully.
    On my phone so cant link but its written in OTR..
    Mcd have submitted planning for the 3rd & 4th of august for one main stage and two tents with gates to open at 11am til 11 at night.

Wouldnt make sense for mcd to run something else directly challenging oxegen..

MCD wil learn never to have this kind of lineup again.

FROM IRISH TIMES

What we do know are that the proposed concerts will have three stages – one main stage and two tented stages – and the capacity of the event will be 30,000 per day. Gates will open each day at 11am and the concert will run from noon to 11pm. Per the application, the audience profile is “likely to be predominantly in the age group 18-35 years” (the same profile as listed in the licence application to Kildare County Council for Oxegen – see page 7 here).

The rest of the application consists of a detailed event management plan with a traffic management plan, security proposals (again, UK-based companies SLS and Specialized Security are the contracted security companies), health and safety regulations, draft drawings of the site layout and other elements.

Since we wrote about the second planning application for Marlay Park last week, we’ve heard a lot of speculation (and please note that it really is just speculation at this stage) about what might be happening that weekend. One of the most intriguing pieces of speculation involves the promoters moving Oxegen, which is due to take place the same weekend in Punchestown Racecourse, to south county Dublin.

OTR understands from industry sources that Oxegen has been performing very poorly in terms of ticket sales to date. This might explain why the Marlay Park application features a much lower capacity than the 50,000 sought for Punchestown Racecourse (which itself was a 37.5 per cent reduction in capacity from Oxegen’s heyday). Of course, were Oxegen to move to Marlay Park and benefit from the fact that a lot of the site build will already have been done for Longitude (and also reduce the costs associated with setting up in Punchestown), it would have to be a non-camping festi

• Advertisement

Has to be sure it couldn't have sold more than 30,000. I am going but I would have liked to have a few bands in there instead of some of the acts which I will definitely avoid. (Pitbull, Labrinth etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think it's safe to say that all the kiddies will be disappointed that they won't be able to camp at Oxegen if it's moved to Marlay Park.

Would be awesome if they moved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

LOL!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I can't help but imagine the uproar when it finishes at 11pm and everyone is kicked out. No way would I like to be a taxi working that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Surely if it's moved to marlay park they'd have to provide camping. Theyve sold people tickets on the belief that there will be camping. Not that i care or anything, i'd rather take a punt in the nutsack than have to go to this awful festival

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

No, not a hope that it's moving now, far too late at this stage.

I knew they were going to either cancel it or change the location.

Also is not a bad move?
    Because I bet most of the people who have bought tickets are going to get a refund now seen as there in no camping?
    They probably should have kept it at puncherstown..
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Surely if it's moved to marlay park they'd have to provide camping. Theyve sold people tickets on the belief that there will be camping. Not that i care or anything, i'd rather take a punt in the nutsack than have to go to this awful festival
    Yeah that's what I'm think..Most people who bought tickets so far are going for the camping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

9000 Tickets sold for Oxegen. Jeez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

WOCM4 wrote: »
    9000 Tickets sold for Oxegen. Jeez.

wasn;t this year a 20,000 capacity? if so 50% wasn't bad..they'd get another 5k on the weekend...
    (it is still a sh1t oxegen)

Advertisement