Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

Not sure exactly, I think it was 50000 planned for. You cant build a site like that and cover costs with 25000 heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

WOCM4 wrote: »
    9000 Tickets sold for Oxegen. Jeez.

where'd you get that number from?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 y0pperz

I'd imagine the price would put a lot of people off, it's a fair price for lineups in years gone by but this year it's basically like spending €150 to see a Calvin Harris or David Guetta gig (who are both kinda dull live) with some support acts thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

danniemcq wrote: »
    where'd you get that number from?

The inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

WOCM4 wrote: »
    The inside.

SEEMS LEGIT.

I'm not sure why but they lineup would seem more appealing if it was in Marley Park, I'd be tempted to pick up a day ticket now if they actually sold them, Also whats the story with a 3 day non camping ticket only being 129 Euro?! did they drop the prices or have they always been that low? seems like a bargain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, i'd probably consider going for a day if it was in Marley Park, and enough acts fell on one day. there's still more to be announced, and there's at least one act that is seemingly playing but still TBA that i would really like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If they moved it to my neighbours back garden I still wouldn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Id be suprised if they moved it, a huge part of Oxegen is the camping Worst case scenario I would have imagined a stripped down version in punchestown rather than new location

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The Oxegen Facebook is a state at the moment. The last few days they've been posting attempts to get people to like various images to drum up some interest only to be ripped apart by 100's of comments slagging them. The fact they've set it so wall comments are turned off and only things they post can be commented on seems to have caused a good deal of this. If people are actively going out of their way to give out at every opportunity like this it really paints a bad picture of the state things are in and makes me think the Marley thing is actually a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some of the comments are priceless though!
    Shame most going can't read so won't know what the post is about to click it
    used to be a good festival..now u cant even call it festival,just people standing in a field selling sh!t drugs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Yeah it was funny at the start but my god how sad are some people to just constantly complain about a festival line up? So what if it's not their taste in music, go to something else. Oxegen announced when they were going ahead with it this year that they were going to make it a dance/hip hop style festival. Just so funny how so many people are complaining constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

barry194 wrote: »
    Yeah it was funny at the start but my god how sad are some people to just constantly complain about a festival line up? So what if it's not their taste in music, go to something else. Oxegen announced when they were going ahead with it this year that they were going to make it a dance/hip hop style festival. Just so funny how so many people are complaining constantly.

it's specifically a teenage bubblegum dance/hip hop festival...which is why people are complaining i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

With all the backlash do you reckon it will be on next year? Or will they go back to the old style of festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

With all the backlash do you reckon it will be on next year? Or will they go back to the old style of festival?

Id be absolutely shocked if it came back after this year. Was chatting to the guy in ticketmaster yesterday while i was getting my body&soul ticket and he said they'd sold absolutely f*ck all oxegen tickets

Jaysas that's mental.
    Even if Oxegen, Longitude and Electric Picnic combined all there acts, it still wouldn't be as big as previous Oxegens really in terms of large acts.
    I loved Oxegen because it catered to all styles, so we always got a large group of people and it was a lot of fun. Having these separate festivals sort of breaks up the grouping and it sucks.
    I'd like Oxegen to return to its old self someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

People are sh*tting on oxegen but 06, 07 and 08 were some of the best weekends of my life. I went in '11 aswell and the lineup wasnt brilliant apart from the arctic monkeys and the strokes but it was still a top weekend

I went the last 3 years it was on and was some of the best times ever.
    Last time we went there was 40+ of us and we basically had a little town going on and it was class.
    Never get that again unless they go back to having acts to cater for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lc20133

I have a 3 day camping ticket for sale, bought it on the early bird and im not going now, if anybody is interested inbox me, i will let it go cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Lc20133 wrote: »
    I have a 3 day camping ticket for sale, bought it on the early bird and im not going now, if anybody is interested inbox me, i will let it go cheap.
    Wait until they announce that it's changed to marley park and get a refund..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wait until they announce that it's changed to marley park and get a refund..

If they move it to Marlay park would they have to offer a refund automatically?
    Marlay park does not suit me in any shape or form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

SV wrote: »
    If they move it to Marlay park would they have to offer a refund automatically?
    Marlay park does not suit me in any shape or form.

Id imagine yeh? If no camping surely some form of refund aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There would definitely be a refund option in place if they changed venues and situations that drastically just under basic sale of good acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Knowing the area I would say it being moved to marlay park would be a massive if, opposition from local residents groups aside there would definitely be no camping allowed, so would they not have to at least refund that portion of peoples tickets? Sounds rather messy to me.

I was actually very surprised they got permission for a weekends worth of bands in july given they had to scale back on capacity of gigs there in recent years because of the local groups and some other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

There is no way there can be camping, Marley is a public park which would be destroyed and take months to recover is camping was allowed.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I bought my tickets and they still havent arrived, has anyone else this problem? the only address is says on my receipt is the village near me which is strange as i thought i put down my full address

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

case885 wrote: »
    I bought my tickets and they still havent arrived, has anyone else this problem? the only address is says on my receipt is the village near me which is strange as i thought i put down my full address

They often dont ship them until 2-4 weeks before the event, thats normal.

ED E wrote: »
    They often dont ship them until 2-4 weeks before the event, thats normal.

2 lads that were going with me got theirs a week after they bought them. I want them now to sell them, realised its a waste of money :o

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

case885 wrote: »
    2 lads that were going with me got theirs a week after they bought them. I want them now to sell them, realised its a waste of money :o

Won't get much for them..

ED E wrote: »
    Won't get much for them..

luckily a fella in my class needs a few tickets so ill sell them to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Red Bull Electric Ballroom will be back: Link

Advertisement