Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was thinking maybe there still will be a festival in Punchestown and then the rumoured place in meath.

Punchestown:
    This could be a festival like a mix of pop/dance so you could have acts like Rihanna , Katy Perry , Jessie J mixed in with David Guetta , Example , Calvin Harris etc . Even if they had someone like One Direction it would sell out easily.

Meath
    Have this one as a more Rockier/Alternative festival with bands like Stone Roses , Blur , Queens of the Stone Age , Killers . Smaller capacity , lesser stages etc

Only thing is if they did have 2 festivals and PP gigs they might struggle with sales due to the recession

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

I think that maybe Rihanna and David Guetta could be there? They are both playing a show in London on monday the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Was thinking maybe there still will be a festival in Punchestown and then the rumoured place in meath.

Punchestown:
    This could be a festival like a mix of pop/dance so you could have acts like Rihanna , Katy Perry , Jessie J mixed in with David Guetta , Example , Calvin Harris etc . Even if they had someone like One Direction it would sell out easily.

Meath
    Have this one as a more Rockier/Alternative festival with bands like Stone Roses , Blur , Queens of the Stone Age , Killers . Smaller capacity , lesser stages etc

Only thing is if they did have 2 festivals and PP gigs they might struggle with sales due to the recession

well yeah, Jim Carroll basically said that 2 weeks ago... :confused:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81781266&postcount=123

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Punchestown:

Meath

Really, really don't want this to happen. Pretty much all my mates would want to go to Punchestown and I'd prefer Meath. I'd end up probably going to Punchestown :(

well yeah, Jim Carroll basically said that 2 weeks ago... :confused:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81781266&postcount=123

I know i just meant if they kept Oxegen more as a Rock festival and keep the other one as the commerical pop/dance . I know he said there will be 2 festivals but he didnt mention what kinda line up the Meath one will have so i was just saying to keep i more rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Mr.S wrote: »
    MCD announcement at 6PM. Wonder if its oxegen related?

Strange time of the day for an announcement. Could it be an announcment setting a date for the release of the first Oxegen headliner or acts with a release date for ticket sales???

Timing is odd. Maybe top brass at MCD have been in meetings all day putting final touches to whatever the announcement is?

Sit and wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,424 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It will be Robbie Williams at the Aviva

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It will be Robbie Williams at the Aviva

Twas Rihanna :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Much as I hate Rihanna I'm glad she was announced as I will be in America, meaning that's one more gig I won't be too disappointed about missing.

Relieved now I got to see Robbie at the O2:D.

The first act for next year's T in the Park have been announced, with Rihanna,and Mumford & Sons set to be two of the headliners.

Also confirmed are The Script, Alt-J, Paloma Faith, Jake Bugg, and Of Monsters and Men.
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/12/121204a.shtml#tFAM4vhvJhh8MwfF.99

At least that means no Rihanna for Oxegen (if its back)

From Hot Press
    While no announcement has been made yet, Hot Press understands that promoters MCD have been gearing up for an imminent confirmation of the return of the Oxegen festival, most likely as a two-day event. Whether this will be in its traditional slot, on the same weekend in July as T In The Park, remains to be seen however.

For many years, the bill for T In The Park was a powerful indicator of the likely Oxegen line-up, and vice versa,with acts doubling up between the two festivals. However that pattern was broken in 2012, with a series of gigs in the Phoenix Park utilising the availability of many of the bigger acts – a scenario which might prove attractive to the promoters again this year, and which would leave MCD free to run Oxegen slightly later in the summer calendar.

• Advertisement

Next year's T in the Park has announced that The Killers are to be the third headliner, joining the other two headliners of Rihanna, and Mumford & Sons, who were announced yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Next year's T in the Park has announced that The Killers are to be the third headliner, joining the other two headliners of Rihanna, and Mumford & Sons, who were announced yesterday

So what are people thinking with regards Oxegen? Is it going to happen the same w/e as TITP with a series of gigs at Phoenix Park later in July or will we just get Phoenix Park?

I'm guessing that if we don't hear anything from MCD by 14th December then it's a total non-runner! Being realistic, it's the latest date MCD could confirm the festival with tickets going on sale the following week, just before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to say that's a depressing trio of headliners.

So what are people thinking with regards Oxegen? Is it going to happen the same w/e as TITP with a series of gigs at Phoenix Park later in July or will we just get Phoenix Park?

I'm guessing that if we don't hear anything from MCD by 14th December then it's a total non-runner! Being realistic, it's the latest date MCD could confirm the festival with tickets going on sale the following week, just before Christmas!
    can't see why it wouldn't be held the same weekend really, seeing as it makes sense to book the artists for both at the same time. seeing as Rihanna is playing her own show, and the new Oxegen is rumoured to be 2 days, it may just be M&S and The Killers as headliners...

there's only supposed to be "up to 4 shows" in the Phoenix Park, and likely 1 or 2 won't be Oxegen type acts if they did all 4.
    plus AFAIK there's nothing to say that those gigs have to be in July, they could be on the August bank holiday, or any weekend in August really. might twin it with that Belfast series of concerts which are usually held at the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

can't see why it wouldn't be held the same weekend really, seeing as it makes sense to book the artists for both at the same time. seeing as Rihanna is playing her own show, and the new Oxegen is rumoured to be 2 days, it may just be M&S and The Killers as headliners...

there's only supposed to be "up to 4 shows" in the Phoenix Park, and likely 1 or 2 won't be Oxegen type acts if they did all 4.
    plus AFAIK there's nothing to say that those gigs have to be in July, they could be on the August bank holiday, or any weekend in August really. might twin it with that Belfast series of concerts which are usually held at the end of August.

Would that not clash with Electric Picnic, it wouldnt work.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would that not clash with Electric Picnic, it wouldnt work.
    nope, EP will (presumably) be Aug 30th-Sep 1st.
    last year there were Marley Park concerts the week before that so no reason why they couldn't hold the Phoenix Park ones then or any other weekend in August.

if they were on the August bank holiday weekend they would clash with Indiependence, Castlepalooza, Liss Ard festival etc, but the crowd going to them would probably be fairly different to the crowd for the rumoured Phoenix Park acts.

2 Door Cinema Club and Azelia Banks added to TITP . Personally if Oxegen does come back they would need a good line up even get the Stone Roses is a bit meh since they played twice this year

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

2 Door Cinema Club and Azelia Banks added to TITP . Personally if Oxegen does come back they would need a good line up even get the Stone Roses is a bit meh since they played twice this year

the Stone Roses :pac:

skeg16 wrote: »
    the Stone Roses :pac:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

I emailed MCD the other day to find out if they could tell me if it's even confirmed not dates or anything. I recieved an email back and this is what it said:

Hi John

We have no confirmation on this as of yet. Sorry

Kind Regards
    Elaine
    MCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

jmillz wrote: »
    I emailed MCD the other day to find out if they could tell me if it's even confirmed not dates or anything. I recieved an email back and this is what it said:

Hi John

We have no confirmation on this as of yet. Sorry

Kind Regards
    Elaine
    MCD

haha im sure they'd want you to be the first to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

99.9% I wont be on again this year and more than likely never..shame :(
    why?... well no announcements and it the 19th!
    There two slane concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Given the recent press around the "Longitude" festival by MCD, I'd say Oxegen looks very unlikely to happen next year.

My big question is what about EP? But that's for another thread.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Given the recent press around the "Longitude" festival by MCD

sistering up with Latitude festival in Suffok, seriously good festival that be

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Oxygen will be on but only for two nights in Punchestown.All the concession stalls have been informed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Says on Oxegen's site that they'll be back July 2013, but it's been saying that for a while. Looking a bit doubtful now, usually early bird tickets would be on sale before Christmas...

If it does happen, realllyyyy hoping for Green Day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Looking a bit doubtful now

Looking more likely with all the rumours about this two day thing circulating and there have been a few more rumours from people who work security/concessions.

It makes sense too that they'd put off announcing Oxegen for a while when they have to try and sell tickets for 2 nights of Slane, Roger Waters, Rihanna etc. I'd imagine the two day event will sell a little easier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dazzler454

from what i've heard, Kesha and Taylor Swift both rejected offers for oxegen ,and so, they presumed there would not be enough interest without crowd pulling acts such as these
    May be just a rumour though it does make sense

Mr.S wrote: »
    I highly doubt MCD wanted to book Taylor Swift for Oxegen.

Would be surprised if Kesha would turn it down since she played few years ago and seemed to get a massive crowd . Both her and Swift would really suit the new demographic of Oxegen over the last few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

dazzler454 wrote: »
    from what i've heard, Kesha and Taylor Swift both rejected offers for oxegen ,and so, they presumed there would not be enough interest without crowd pulling acts such as these
    May be just a rumour though it does make sense

Never mind them 2, put Kasabian, Noel Gallagher, Kings of Leon and The Black Keys there and watch how fast it sells out

Advertisement