Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

Looks like it will be staying in puncherstown.
    Any idea on how many tickets they sold? It will be like a ghost town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Looks like it will be staying in puncherstown.
    Any idea on how many tickets they sold? It will be like a ghost town...

Rumours ranging anywhere from 9,000 to 25,000.

I would hazard a complete guess that approx 15,000-18,000 are sold. I would expect a few day ticket sales given the price of €49.50.

Rumours ranging anywhere from 9,000 to 25,000.

I would hazard a complete guess that approx 15,000-18,000 are sold. I would expect a few day ticket sales given the price of €49.50.
    That's crazy. In 2011 they sold something like 100k tickets and that was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

tbf, i'd have thought that the lineup largely appeals to secondary school/college age people, most of whom wouldn't have money for a ticket yet. sales will probably pick up throughout the summer as they get money together, and most festivals sell the majority of their tickets in the last few weeks before the event anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭klose

Theres only 5 acts on the friday and its closing around 11, it only gets dark around 11. Last time i was there fatboy slim was kicking off at 1 in the morning, good times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Jayk96

I'm 17 and Id get away with being 18 I don't look young so what's the chances that I would get asked for I.d? I think there would be to many people there for them to bother asking anyone who looks 18 for I.d

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Jayk96 wrote: »
    I'm 17 and Id get away with being 18 I don't look young so what's the chances that I would get asked for I.d? I think there would be to many people there for them to bother asking anyone who looks 18 for I.d

34% chance I'd say

klose wrote: »
    Theres only 5 acts on the friday and its closing around 11, it only gets dark around 11. Last time i was there fatboy slim was kicking off at 1 in the morning, good times :)
    Closing at 11?
    I wonder if they will have a DJ in the camping area
    You could chance it but I think they will be strict tis year...

I've already got the tickets so I have to :L is there more then one entrance in if I get turned down in one il try in the other and hope for the best if not I'm not leaving there without getting in it would be such a waste of 200+euro il beg them if i have to haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I've already got the tickets so I have to :L is there more then one entrance in if I get turned down in one il try in the other and hope for the best if not I'm not leaving there without getting in it would be such a waste of 200+euro il beg them if i have to haha
    They were strict enough when it was 17's.. and if its anything like 18's in the academy you havent much hope.

If they say no theyll take your ticket & just send you home. They wont give you the chance to try another entrance.. chance it if you want but wouldnt risk it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

and so it starts :rolleyes:

You knew the score when ya bought the tickets so tough luck, ya wasted 200euro

If they say no your best chance would be to try and sneak in over a gate(I saw people do it in 2011).
    I have a feeling they are going to be carding everyone who looks under 25

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They were strict enough when it was 17's.. and if its anything like 18's in the academy you havent much hope.

If they say no theyll take your ticket & just send you home. They wont give you the chance to try another entrance.. chance it if you want but wouldnt risk it..

**** not feeling to confident ATM have been dieng to go I don't look anything like the chap to start **** or **** about and I'm not so if I get turned away il stick it for a while anyway to try and get in , I've already spent a lot of money for it so its to late to not go and I want to go so hope it all goes well, a fake I.d like a provisional license wouldn't work would it? I doubt it but is it worth a try or will that lessen my chance of persauding them to let me in if i get turned away?

If they say no your best chance would be to try and sneak in over a gate(I saw people do it in 2011).
    I have a feeling they are going to be carding everyone who looks under 25

No point in that is there since there's armbands? I would eventually be caught and wouldn't be allowed to get into NY of the concert venues

scudzilla wrote: »
    and so it starts :rolleyes:

You knew the score when ya bought the tickets so tough luck, ya wasted 200euro

Yh fair enuff like but its not like I'm 15 I'm 17 I'm not a scumbag in anyway and I'm going with people that are all 18 , 19 so i ddnt think that there would be much problem to letting me in

Yh fair enuff like but its not like I'm 15 I'm 17 I'm not a scumbag in anyway and I'm going with people that are all 18 , 19 so i ddnt think that there would be much problem to letting me in

They seem intent to ID everyone, will be like a nightclub situation.

To be fair MCD have made it perfectly clear you have to be 18 and they'd only be accepting garda ID and Passport.

If they reject you, apologies, but it's your own fault.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They seem intent to ID everyone, will be like a nightclub situation.

To be fair MCD have made it perfectly clear you have to be 18 and they'd only be accepting garda ID and Passport.

If they reject you, apologies, but it's your own fault.

Yh i agree completely it will be my fault if i don't get in, I just came on to see what my chances where like from people that have seen what there like with I.d there , and does anybody know if there still letting 25 year old sign people in?

Yh i agree completely it will be my fault if i don't get in, I just came on to see what my chances where like from people that have seen what there like with I.d there , and does anybody know if there still letting 25 year old sign people in?

not this year, this year it's strictly 18s..

So whats everyones honest opinion is there like no chance of a 17 year old getting in even if they look older and that I should just sell my ticket our do yous think I should try and I've a decent chance of getting in?

So whats everyones honest opinion is there like no chance of a 17 year old getting in even if they look older and that I should just sell my ticket our do yous think I should try and I've a decent chance of getting in?
    You might as well take the chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rg99

I got in when I was 14 bud, you should be fine!

rg99 wrote: »

Without being signed in like? Hopefully man fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

rg99 wrote: »

It's a lot different now. That was when it was 17's and they never asked anyone. I never once got asked.

With what happened last year in the Phoenix park and the fact they are clearly stating you have to be 18 then I think they will be a lot more strict in that department.

Also, what is the story with Alesso being on the Friday night?

peterc1991 wrote: »
    It's a lot different now. That was when it was 17's and they never asked anyone. I never once got asked.

With what happened last year in the Phoenix park and the fact they are clearly stating you have to be 18 then I think they will be a lot more strict in that department.

Also, what is the story with Alesso being on the Friday night?

I think since there's only 5 acts on Friday he was the best act to headline that day

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I'm happy with Alesso being on the Friday, means I'll definitely get to see him. I was afraid of him being stuck in at some awkward time and at the same time as other acts I might want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Of course you will get in, just look out for the lazy workers, they dont give a frig + they cant take the ticket off you, just say you left your license in the car and your gona go back and get it, then try another gate/later time etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Of course you will get in, just look out for the lazy workers, they dont give a frig + they cant take the ticket off you, just say you left your license in the car and your gona go back and get it, then try another gate/later time etc

This.

Turn up a bit early, stand back and suss out the lazy entrance guys who don't seem to be id'ing anyone, then make your move.

If questioned just say you're gonna go grab your license from your motor and then just try it on with the next security.

You'll get in

Thinking of picking up a camping ticket but I have a feeling it will be move to Marley park.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SaronAmith

Ya may wish andy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Just wondering people what time at night does the music end and everybody heads back to the camp site? Not going just inquiring for a friend

Advertisement