Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just wondering people what time at night does the music end and everybody heads back to the camp site? Not going just inquiring for a friend

Think it was 1am the last few years except for the Sunday night, was about half eleven or midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fewtins wrote: »
    Think it was 1am the last few years except for the Sunday night, was about half eleven or midnight.

Yeah thats about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just wondering people what time at night does the music end and everybody heads back to the camp site? Not going just inquiring for a friend
    I think it ended at around 12 but there was a DJ in the camp site that went on until around 3 or 4 am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Nice one lads and ladies :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

new company dealing with wristbanding so i would be wary, they are strict and by the book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

new company dealing with wristbanding so i would be wary, they are strict and by the book

Where did ya see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

^I believe he works security

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

Does anybody know if any more acts are to be announced

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

maximoose wrote: »
    ^I believe he works security

no, more the wristbanding end

I know a lad who was at the last one that made up his own band out of bits of about 6 others, never once got called up on it. People paid to stand at a barrier and check bands dont really give a damn I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

ED E wrote: »
    I know a lad who was at the last one that made up his own band out of bits of about 6 others, never once got called up on it. People paid to stand at a barrier and check bands dont really give a damn I'd say.

i seen a fella who kept buying cut bands for 50 euro off people coming out.

he got thrown out and band gone 6 times.

Mr.S wrote: »
    How come the wristband system at past Oxegen's was so awful? Was it just management being lazy / not giving enough instruction to people? (and EP too...)

Thats not a dig at you by the way!

well it depends what you mean, the ticketing deal with exchanging a valid ticket for a secure wristband, thats as far as it goes, security would deal with id and making sure punters have a valid wristband inside the venue. I would not have said the wristband system was awful beforehand tbh

Oh sorry yeah I meant the re-checking of wristbands once your inside the Arena, getting the actual wristband was fine!

I never understood why security in and out of the gates / into the arena from the campsites / going back into the campsites didn't physically check everyones wristband (properly). I think I was checked properly once at EP last year and was never once checked at Oxegen (been to both many times!). Something so easy to do yet it gets ignored.

Agreed, EP they tugged on everyones as they past on the way in. Much better system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Hi there, i purchased a 3 day camping oxegen ticket on the day of the release due to an apparent "save 75e" for 150e
    I checked the website their, and a 3 day camping ticket is still 150e, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

smurphy69 wrote: »
    Hi there, i purchased a 3 day camping oxegen ticket on the day of the release due to an apparent "save 75e" for 150e
    Because that's how much it costs

Oh sorry yeah I meant the re-checking of wristbands once your inside the Arena, getting the actual wristband was fine!

I never understood why security in and out of the gates / into the arena from the campsites / going back into the campsites didn't physically check everyones wristband (properly). I think I was checked properly once at EP last year and was never once checked at Oxegen (been to both many times!). Something so easy to do yet it gets ignored.

The crossover points at Oxegen are huge between Arena and campsite, EP has a tent system and funnel through it but I dont think thats possible at Oxegen due to the layout of the campsite junctions unless you want a might queue, also EP has a much more staggered crowd flow compared to Oxegen post Headliners and even during the day

Because tickets weren't selling

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

It was 75 euro cheaper than 2011 though not this year. It was just clever marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

anyone still waiting for tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Whats the story with avicii? Me and herself were convinced they were going but can find no sign now

• Advertisement

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Whats the story with avicii? Me and herself were convinced they were going but can find no sign now

Its a He not a They. And dont remember him being mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

corkgsxr wrote: »

Playing T Vital, not Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭donaghs

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They seem intent to ID everyone, will be like a nightclub situation.

To be fair MCD have made it perfectly clear you have to be 18 and they'd only be accepting garda ID and Passport.

If they reject you, apologies, but it's your own fault.

You can bet they'll be strict this year. The line-up, more accurately some of the "revellers" it will attract, are a guarantee of trouble. Just hope there less dead and wounded than at the Swedish House Mafia last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

Ill be very surprised if there isnt a big crowd at the weekend of it.

Guetta and Example sold out Marlay park last year,Example sold out the O2 this year.

Surprised that this didnt sell better.

Mcd should have just tried to nab the entire Electric Daisy lineup that went to London....Aviici,Tiesto,Hardwell etc along with the present Oxegen lineup would have made a super festival.

Next year just change the name of it so people dont expect an indie by the numbers lineup(Although plenty of notice was given that this year was going to be different)

There's a rake of new posters gone up all around Dublin, and I thought it looked kinda funny that the "Oxegen" logo was relegated to a tiny 2x10cm-ish spot in the corner - compared to prev years like this and this and where it was emblazoned across the top

Maybe they've realised Oxegen as a brand is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Considering all the armchair ticket sales experts missed that Longitude was going to sell out (me included) I'd say don't put too much trust into any speculation/anecdotes you read.

The actual sales figures are closely guarded secrets and anything you hear is going to be "my mate works in a ticketmaster and says...." which is basically going to be the experience of one person working one kiosk (which are hardly used anyway). As far as I know they don't have any idea how many tickets are left for festivals like this (I think they can see for seated shows for seat selection reasons).

Everyone at the start of the thread seemed almost invested in this failing but the tone of the thread has changed over time and more people are getting interested in the festival. If the weather holds out it might actually be quite successful but yes go see my first point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

maximoose wrote: »
    There's a rake of new posters gone up all around Dublin, and I thought it looked kinda funny that the "Oxegen" logo was relegated to a tiny 2x10cm-ish spot in the corner - compared to prev years like this and this and where it was emblazoned across the top

Maybe they've realised Oxegen as a brand is dead

For the life of me I cant understand why they didnt rename it this year

All the indie acts were playing EP,Phoenix park etc

This was a chance to add a proper dance/edm festival to the calender and they could even have linked up with cream or edc as a partner in bringing the acts over

A lot of the Oxegen lineup played london this weekend as part of the edc.

Considering just doing the saturday with our camping tickets, not bothered to do the full thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Toast wrote: »
    Considering all the armchair ticket sales experts missed that Longitude was going to sell out (me included) I'd say don't put too much trust into any speculation/anecdotes you read.

The actual sales figures are closely guarded secrets and anything you hear is going to be "my mate works in a ticketmaster and says...." which is basically going to be the experience of one person working one kiosk (which are hardly used anyway). As far as I know they don't have any idea how many tickets are left for festivals like this (I think they can see for seated shows for seat selection reasons).

Everyone at the start of the thread seemed almost invested in this failing but the tone of the thread has changed over time and more people are getting interested in the festival. If the weather holds out it might actually be quite successful but yes go see my first point.
    In fairness the armchair ticket experts were right about Longitude and it only sold out because of the fine weather that weekend thanks to people deciding at the last minute. It wouldn't have been near selling out if there was a slight bit of doubt about the forecast.

In my mind a genuine sold out concert is one that sells out before the line-up is even known or people know a thing about the weather!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I hope the term "EDM" doesn't become a thing over here. Leave that to the yanks.

Advertisement