Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

SV wrote: »
    Scumfest?
    I'm sorry but has the event happened yet? have any fights actually happened yet?

keep your bigoted comments to yerself would ya.

Bitgoted? seriously?

I was going off the back of SHM last year(which I'm not sure where you were, but there was tons of fights throughout the park), also the back of the last oxegen, which both red & blue camps had a severely large amount of fights and drug related arrests.

It's not bigoted when there's precedent for the comment, I could easily be proven wrong, but i severely doubt it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Your one of the few (if any?) offering such staunch defense of Oxegen!
    I happen to have an opinion and won't be silenced by the nonsensical arguments being made by some people and the fact that the majority of them includes the implication that everyone going to this is a scumbag.
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    Bitgoted? seriously?

I was going off the back of SHM last year(which I'm not sure where you were, but there was tons of fights throughout the park), also the back of the last oxegen, which both red & blue camps had a severely large amount of fights and drug related arrests.

It's not bigoted when there's precedent for the comment, I could easily be proven wrong, but i severely doubt it..

I was actually at the gig, didn't see one bit of trouble and had a great night.
    I'm not sure where you were, but I bet you read about the 'carnage' of it all or seen it on the news. Yeah, media.
    Both campsites have ALWAYS had fights and drug related arrests. Last Oxegen was only different in that there was a stabbing incident.

Er, yeah, it's still bigoted.

btw, why do people keep referencing the SHM gig, they aren't playing :confused:
    David Guetta, Example and Rizzle Kicks are however..yknow they played at Marlay Park and there wasn't any trouble. Funny how noone mentions this.

I happen to have an opinion and won't be silenced by the nonsensical arguments being made by some people and the fact that the majority of them includes the implication that everyone going to this is a scumbag.

I was actually at the gig, didn't see one bit of trouble and had a great night.
    I'm not sure where you were, but I bet you read about the 'carnage' of it all or seen it on the news. Yeah, media.
    Both campsites have ALWAYS had fights and drug related arrests. Last Oxegen was only different in that there was a stabbing incident.

Er, yeah, it's still bigoted.

btw, why do people keep referencing the SHM gig, they aren't playing :confused:
    David Guetta, Example and Rizzle Kicks are however..yknow they played at Marlay Park and there wasn't any trouble. Funny how noone mentions this.

The last oxegen was the worst I;d seen, in the 3 I'd attended for fights and drugs.. it was horrific. and yes one stabbing at that, 2/3 at this I'd imagine.

I was right outside the pit for one, say that i can recall about 6 fights with 6 feet of me.. so it wasn't media, i feckin saw all of it.

At david quetta last year there were 4 drug arrests also, so not no trouble.

Dance music in this country brings out the worst kind of people and unfortunately they are going to wreck it for the non-scumbags.

The last oxegen was the worst I;d seen, in the 3 I'd attended for fights and drugs.. it was horrific. and yes one stabbing at that, 2/3 at this I'd imagine.

I was right outside the pit for one, say that i can recall about 6 fights with 6 feet of me.. so it wasn't media, i feckin saw all of it.

At david quetta last year there were 4 drug arrests also, so not no trouble.

Dance music in this country brings out the worst kind of people and unfortunately they are going to wreck it for the non-scumbags.

I was talking about the SHM gig, actually. Ah right, so the oxegen event with bands and the likes attracted that? wow. turns out it's not dance music.

2/3 you'd 'imagine'? Solid evidence there.
    Drug arrests counting as trouble? jesus, really clutching at straws there.

I could say "Rock music brings out the worst kind of people in this country" and it'd have as much validity as what you just said.

I was talking about the SHM gig, actually. Ah right, so the oxegen event with bands and the likes attracted that? wow. turns out it's not dance music.

2/3 you'd 'imagine'? Solid evidence there.
    Drug arrests counting as trouble? jesus, really clutching at straws there.

I could say "Rock music brings out the worst kind of people in this country" and it'd have as much validity as what you just said.

when i said right outside the pit I meant SHM, that's where i saw the fights.

Never heard of a stabbing at rock gig in this country, no heavy drugs arrest either.

Seeing as you're the only person here attempting to defend this festival I'm not the one clutching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I was at the last two Oxegens and I have to agree with SV. There's a few goons at every gig that get themselves ejected but there was piss all trouble at either. To be totally honest town of a Saturday night is far rougher than any gig Ive ever been to be it Oxegen, EP, Marlay, Phoenix, The o2 or w/e.

People see one incident and class the whole event based on it. This year will probably attract more trackie sporting pillheads but the vast majority are harmless and if you have a little bit of street smarts its not an issue.

when i said right outside the pit I meant SHM, that's where i saw the fights.

Never heard of a stabbing at rock gig in this country, no heavy drugs arrest either.

Seeing as you're the only person here attempting to defend this festival I'm not the one clutching.

Riiiiight, the place where people could barely even move let alone throw a punch? I'm sure you seen plenty of fights there.
    It is strange how I didn't manage to see one yet you seen plenty, really..really odd.
    Erm, Oxegen 11?
    btw, out of curiousity, do you know what the drug arrests were for at Marlay Park? strange you've designated them into the 'hard' drugs section straight away.

Just because I'm the only one defending them, doesn't mean I'm the one coming out with pure and utter bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MasterBagoMan

anyone with any tickets to sell?any idea on ticket numbers sold atm also?

anyone with any tickets to sell?any idea on ticket numbers sold atm also?

There's still tickets available on ticketmaster, apparently it's sold 8k camping tickets with an approximate capacity of 25k.
    Max capacity was set down as 50k

Riiiiight, the place where people could barely even move let alone throw a punch? I'm sure you seen plenty of fights there.
    It is strange how I didn't manage to see one yet you seen plenty, really..really odd.
    Erm, Oxegen 11?
    btw, out of curiousity, do you know what the drug arrests were for at Marlay Park? strange you've designated them into the 'hard' drugs section straight away.

Just because I'm the only one defending them, doesn't mean I'm the one coming out with pure and utter bullshít.

Thats what tended to cause them, a few lads beibng annoyed people wouldnt "get outta there faces".. didnt see that? Dont think your vision is upto scratch then..

2011, a rock festival? With apart the foos and the artic monkeys all the headliners being dance/pop..

3 arrests were for cannabis as was widely reported after last years marlay park gigs.

• Advertisement

Thats what tended to cause them, a few lads beibng annoyed people wouldnt "get outta there faces".. didnt see that? Dont think your vision is upto scratch then..

2011, a rock festival? With apart the foos and the artic monkeys all the headliners being dance/pop..

3 arrests were for cannabis as was widely reported after last years marlay park gigs.
    Jesus you were awful close to all of these fights that you even know the reason they started :confused:
    That must be the biggest coincidence ever seeing as it suits your argument :eek:

Still rock. Rock/Pop, very little dance.

Right, so there wasn't hard drug arrests then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MasterBagoMan

No I meant anyone willing to sell below selling price for 3 day camping ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

deadmaus would draw far more scuts than shm. and i went through the crowd there to get to foo fighters and there was lots off there face. but feck all trouble. i dont think anyone noticed we walked through the crowd :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What would be a handy hotel to stay in?

No I meant anyone willing to sell below selling price for 3 day camping ticket?

check donedeal there, just seen 2 go up for €200.

corkgsxr wrote: »
    deadmaus would draw far more scuts than shm. and i went through the crowd there to get to foo fighters and there was lots off there face. but feck all trouble. i dont think anyone noticed we walked through the crowd :pac:

An aggressive drunk is ten times worse than an out of it pillhead :D

ED E wrote: »
    An aggressive drunk is ten times worse than an out of it pillhead :D

i agree so dance should be safer

i think people draw trouble. iv never had hassle in town or at events. cos i dont go looking for it

corkgsxr wrote: »
    i agree so dance should be safer

i think people draw trouble. iv never had hassle in town or at events. cos i dont go looking for it

Exactly. Its when you get some loudmouth dub making smart remarks to some lads from down the country or vice versa that **** kicks off. Keep your wits about you just a little bit and you wont have trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 polarax

Id say Lawlors or the Osprey. Lawlors is right in the middle of Naas and the osprey is about 5 min walk to the centre of town.

ED E wrote: »
    Exactly. Its when you get some loudmouth dub making smart remarks to some lads from down the country or vice versa that **** kicks off. Keep your wits about you just a little bit and you wont have trouble.
    Exactly!
    Which is basically the same attitude you should take with you on a normal night out on the town.

Overreaction central is what this thread has become and an awful smell of bs of some peoples posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

Is there anything to stop my friend getting a one day ticket on saturday and just staying with us overnight to stay for the sunday ?

podgemk wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop my friend getting a one day ticket on saturday and just staying with us overnight to stay for the sunday ?

His band wont get him into the campsite.

Long term forecast is quite good. Dry Friday to Monday except Sunday morning very early heavy showers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I'd consider a day ticket just for the sake of seeing Nicky Romero/Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike I wonder how close that Blue Car park is for day parking, last thing I want is to be walking for 30+ mins on a dark pathway again with no security.. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

22:30-01:30 Dimitri Vegas,Like mike then Nicky Romero would be savage

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlanC275.

Can you buy day tickets up there on the day?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

AlanC275. wrote: »
    Can you buy day tickets up there on the day?????

Yep, you can buy at the gate. Judging by the "ticket sales" figures detailed to local residents and reported on some social media outlets this evening, they'll be begging for your cash.

8,000 camping with 25,000 total expected overall attendance!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

In fairness, it's all been a shambles. The official website is the biggest joke I've seen to date. Still refers to mostly 2011 information!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olddantucker

Is the site all the concert flooring or grass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Sickened the Sunday is DV & LM and Nicky vs Chase and Status and Guetta. I know who I'd rather see every day of the week, but I also know who my mates will want to see :/

Offer it up I suppose.

Advertisement