Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Lots of clashing going on which is damn unfortunate. Still, has made me very excited ;D

Does anyone know how far the red car park will be from the entrance?
    It's impossible to judge scale going by that map as there's no landmarks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

WHere can you buy the day car park tickets?

They don't seem to be on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

raven136 wrote: »
    22:30-01:30 Dimitri Vegas,Like mike then Nicky Romero would be savage

My plan is to go to Chase and Status and head over for the rest of DVLM and then Nicky :) Seen Guetta and he's nothing special but 'ain't a party' is his best tune for years and would be mental craic live :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Legion. wrote: »
    Sickened the Sunday is DV & LM and Nicky vs Chase and Status and Guetta. I know who I'd rather see every day of the week, but I also know who my mates will want to see :/

Offer it up I suppose.

Not a major dance fan but got dragged to DV & LM in the Wright Venue earlier in the year and they were unbelieveable.

Go. See. Dance. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Whats the story with bringing in drink again? Everything is ok as long as its not glass bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Giller12321

Selling 2 Saturday passes or willing to trade for 2 Sunday passes. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rose23

Im a first timer and am going on Sunday for the day. Can anyone clarify what the story is about bringing drink in. I understand your not allowed glass bottles, can I bring in my own cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

rose23 wrote: »
    Im a first timer and am going on Sunday for the day. Can anyone clarify what the story is about bringing drink in. I understand your not allowed glass bottles, can I bring in my own cans?

Day ticket holders CANNOT bring any drink into the festival.

Drink can only be brought into the campsite area. People who are camping for the weekend cannot bring drink into the concert arena either from the campsite.

The sponsors, Heineken and Red Bull ensure that this is fairly strictly enforced to force punters to purchase inside the arena which is understandable!!

Bring cash and plenty of it!!!!

How much is drink in the bar again?

barry194 wrote: »
    How much is drink in the bar again?

I think it was €5.00 a pint in 2010 & 2011 and €6.50 for most drinks at the Red Bull Tent.

Prices have gone up this year though at the MCD outdoor gigs I've been at.

Slane - €6 a pint
    Phoenix Park - €6 a pint

• Advertisement

I think it was €5.00 a pint in 2010 & 2011 and €6.50 for most drinks at the Red Bull Tent.

Prices have gone up this year though at the MCD outdoor gigs I've been at.

Slane - €6 a pint
    Phoenix Park - €6 a pint

best to have a good few before going in so haha

will there be a screen for the matches over the weekend? Would be good craic to have a few from the counties watching considering there's feck all on around 2 or 4 anyway.

barry194 wrote: »
    best to have a good few before going in so haha

will there be a screen for the matches over the weekend? Would be good craic to have a few from the counties watching considering there's feck all on around 2 or 4 anyway.

In the past, major sporting events were shown on the screens in the campsite and main arena (if the main stage was being set for the next act)

Examples:

2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocEa1s9urQ0

2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Ms5_79lcE

The entire festival has been scaled back so much that I wouldn't expect any sporting events to be shown. All events were coming from the RTE live broadcast (2FM always had a major presence at the festival and I guess Oxegen had permission to stream RTE on the screens back then). Given that Oxegen has moved to the likes of Spin etc to advertise, I wouldn't expect Oxegen to have permission to show any live events from RTE/TV3 etc this year.

This years site map doesn't have any area in the campsite for entertainment so may not even be a screen in there.

In other words, complete guess work!!

2011 site map: http://oxegen.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/OX-MAP1.jpg

2013 site map: http://i2.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article2102408.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/OXEGEN-SITE-MAP-2102408.jpg

In the past, major sporting events were shown on the screens in the campsite and main arena (if the main stage was being set for the next act)

Examples:

2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocEa1s9urQ0

2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Ms5_79lcE

The entire festival has been scaled back so much that I wouldn't expect any sporting events to be shown. All events were coming from the RTE live broadcast (2FM always had a major presence at the festival and I guess Oxegen had permission to stream RTE on the screens back then). Given that Oxegen has moved to the likes of Spin etc to advertise, I wouldn't expect Oxegen to have permission to show any live events from RTE/TV3 etc this year.

This years site map doesn't have any area in the campsite for entertainment so may not even be a screen in there.

In other words, complete guess work!!

2011 site map: http://oxegen.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/OX-MAP1.jpg

2013 site map: http://i2.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article2102408.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/OXEGEN-SITE-MAP-2102408.jpg
    ]

Haha yeah it is really! I guess with the GAA Quarters on they might have something in the bar, pure hopeful :p

Anyone know what the story with the box office is?

I'm getting a day ticket for Sunday and mistakenly picked box office collection. I was just wondering where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone know what the story with the box office is?

I'm getting a day ticket for Sunday and mistakenly picked box office collection. I was just wondering where it is

Beside the ticketing people at the entrance, you cant miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Hey! I'm after going through the Oxegen website for the last hour which is quite aggravating on this phone and I can't find what time the campsite opening times anywhere? Anybody able to help a bus-organiser out please and thanks??

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

JamieK wrote: »
    Hey! I'm after going through the Oxegen website for the last hour which is quite aggravating on this phone and I can't find what time the campsite opening times anywhere? Anybody able to help a bus-organiser out please and thanks??

Yea, quite frustrating. There seems to be very little information on the website this year :(, I'd recommend shooting them a tweet since they seem to be active enough on Twitter or contact Ticketmaster tomorrow, surely they will know..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/07/31/oxegen-the-incredible-shrinking-festival/
    So, how are things at the festival that is still billing itself as “Europe’s Greatest Music Festival” over on its website? I wrote about changes to this year’s event in The Ticket on Friday, but there’s plenty of other evidence that Oxegen is changing and shrinking in size right before our eyes.
    Even the logo appears to be downsizing. Let’s play a game of spot the logo, readers.

IMG_0462.jpg

Hmmm, it reminds me of something, that attempt to downplay the logo. Just what could it be? Ah, got it!

tumblr_lh2ppcaJ081qz4t5yo1_500.jpg
    Photo by Aiden Kenny

It might be the height of cheekiness to suggest that Oxegen has become the Fianna Fail of music festivals, but the downplaying of the logo and the name in favour of the acts is not the sort of behaviour you’d expect from “Europe’s Greatest Music Festival”. The website is also not what you’d expect from “Europe’s Greatest Music Festival” with few updates on what is going on this year and not even an A-Z about the artists playing. Then again, the number of stages is down, with just three music stages listed so perhaps there’s not quite enough to write about.

That’s not the only downsizing going on. The excellent Dublin Bus shuttles, which have always speedily transported punters from the capital to the festival site and back again, are not in use this year, despite inital plans to provide this service. Per the Dublin Bus website, the bus company are now advising people to use a private coach company, who will honour tickets already sold. This company appear to be running a reduced service to what Dublin Bus used to provide, which seems to indicate that all involved are expecting a much lower turn-out. After all, if you have a much lower turnout, you don’t need as many buses. Meanwhile, the gardai seem to think that Dublin Bus are still operating their buses.

Remember all that speculation about a mooted move to Marlay Park? It now appears, from documents lodged by Festival Republic with Kildare County Council at the end of last month, that this application had something to do with Oxegen after all, with Festival Republic informing the county council that the application for Marlay Park shows had been withdrawn, something which wouldn’t be of any interest to the Kildare mandarins otherwise. It also seems that the licence application for the weekend event is still pending at the time of writing, though we assume that it will be granted before the gates open on Friday.

So, just how many people are expected in Punchestown Racecourse? Well, per local media, they’re expecting a maximum possible attendance of 25,000 with just 8,000 campers. Yes, you read that right. A maximum possible attendance of 25,000. That’s HALF of the attendance and 30 per cent of the campers anticipated when the organisers applied for the licence back in April, a fall of over 70 per cent on what Oxegen used to attract in its heyday. 70 per cent down – now that’s shrinkage. The post-event analysis and reports from the site will be very interesting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I really hope this isn't a complete disaster.

Anyone going down there, be smart and keep safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

DC10555 wrote: »
    Yea, quite frustrating. There seems to be very little information on the website this year :(, I'd recommend shooting them a tweet since they seem to be active enough on Twitter or contact Ticketmaster tomorrow, surely they will know..
    I tweeted them earlier...got nothing back...does anybody know what time the campsite opens? :(

• Advertisement

JamieK wrote: »
    I tweeted them earlier...got nothing back...does anybody know what time the campsite opens? :(

Campsite open at 14:00 on Friday and closed at 12 noon on Monday.

Info available on Oxegen FAQ's released in the past hour (it's simply a copy and paste job from 2011 with a few details changed)

http://www.oxegen.ie/faq/

Campsite info is approx 3/4 the way down the page!

Anyone have any info on the 1 day parking? Is it pay at the gate or what?

is there any pit passes for Oxegen? I can't remember needing one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No pit passes from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Go to toutless.com for ticket sales

This could cause chaos! Good luck with a bus on Sunday!
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/traffic-and-oxegen-chaos-fears-as-dublin-bus-considers-strike-29464561.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

gmisk wrote: »

From a few posts above yours:
    The excellent Dublin Bus shuttles, which have always speedily transported punters from the capital to the festival site and back again, are not in use this year, despite inital plans to provide this service. Per the Dublin Bus website, the bus company are now advising people to use a private coach company, who will honour tickets already sold. This company appear to be running a reduced service to what Dublin Bus used to provide, which seems to indicate that all involved are expecting a much lower turn-out. After all, if you have a much lower turnout, you don’t need as many buses. Meanwhile, the gardai seem to think that Dublin Bus are still operating their buses.

Should be ok unless the "reduced service" has too few buses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

are they any buses going from kildare to punchestown tomorrow,im getting the train tomorrow so want to get set up early.Also is there any entertainment on tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It is going to be a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It is going to be a disaster!

That depends on how you look at it, I mean the smaller crowd can be seen as a good thing too, people are gonna have loads of space while camping and there will hopefully be less chance of foul behavior too given the fact that the entrances/security is meant to be set up like Marley park..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Should be a great weekend for those who are going :eek:

Advertisement