Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Never mind them 2, put Kasabian, Noel Gallagher, Kings of Leon and The Black Keys there and watch how fast it sells out

Wouldnt sell out though , Noel/Kasabian only sold about 20,000 for Marlay Park . KOL would sell a few tickets , Black Keys have already played 2 big gigs this year aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dazzler454

Never mind them 2, put Kasabian, Noel Gallagher, Kings of Leon and The Black Keys there and watch how fast it sells out
    No to be honest I think people see more behind music than just good lyrics at this stage. Bands such as kasabian are substentless where as Ke$ha and Taylor Swift have huge meaning and hardship behind many of their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

dazzler454 wrote: »
    No to be honest I think people see more behind music than just good lyrics at this stage. Bands such as kasabian are substentless where as Ke$ha and Taylor Swift have huge meaning and hardship behind many of their songs.

I almost chocked on my mince pie reading this. Top quality gag!!

I almost chocked on my mince pie reading this. Top quality gag!!
    Sorry? This is no gag

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sorry? This is no gag
    ........ Dear god........

• Advertisement

Sorry? This is no gag

Sweet Jesus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Everyone has an opinion, same as everyone has genitalia, and neither should be displayed for everyone to see

Wouldnt sell out though , Noel/Kasabian only sold about 20,000 for Marlay Park . KOL would sell a few tickets , Black Keys have already played 2 big gigs this year aswell

Was on same time as Foo Fighters/Black Keys in Belfast which attracted 35000

Everyone has an opinion, same as everyone has genitalia, and neither should be displayed for everyone to see

Spot on!! I was at both the Foo's/Black Keys on the Tuesday and Stone Roses/Florence on Wednesday and hadn't the cash to go to Kasabian/Noel on the Thursday.

A week earlier or later and surely would have sold few thousand more!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

argentum wrote: »
    Oxygen will be on but only for two nights in Punchestown.All the concession stalls have been informed

Bull$hit

In regards to you're last comment i would agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Yours is one of an uneducated, thoughtless, outlandish , simplistic type.

By the way you're a faggit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

In regards to you're last comment i would agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Yours is one of an uneducated, thoughtless, outlandish , simplistic type.

By the way you're a faggit

lol, you nearly came across as reasonable until you blew it with the last line
    Taylor Swift, jaysus...

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    lol, you nearly came across as reasonable until you blew it with the last line
    Taylor Swift, jaysus...

i actually blew it because I couldnt handle fighting swifts case. Huge fan of Noel G and Kings of Leon and would love to see them there

Mr.S wrote: »
    dazzler454 infracted for personal abuse~

Back on topic guys, please don't bicker about personal taste, it literally goes no where.

Sincerest apologies Mr.S, as you may have noted I immediately responded with a direct apology stating my utmost sorrow about my previous, unprovoked attack on a person who I am sure is of the highest standard.
    Yours forever
    Dazzler454

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mr.S wrote: »
    dazzler454 infracted for personal abuse~

Back on topic guys, please don't bicker about personal taste, it literally goes no where.

dont ban him, he/she makes me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

mother-god-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I don't like Kasabian or any of that stuff, but your comment about Ke$ha and Taylor Swift... might sound a tad harsh BUT I THINK YOU DESERVE TO DIE!

PS now this is a female singer with "huge meaning and hardship" behind her songs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbzbH8ebNXo

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

If it does happen, realllyyyy hoping for Green Day. :D

If Oxegen was GD's only Irish date in 2013 then I'd actually be raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

If Oxegen was GD's only Irish date in 2013 then I'd actually be raging.

I would be too, but it'd still be better than nothing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Any updates on this?

I noticed that Arctic Monkeys are playing a couple of festivals between June 21st and July 4th in Europe. More dates to be announced apparently. So maybe they'll be making a stop over here for some kind of festival? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

rorrissey wrote: »
    Any updates on this?

I noticed that Arctic Monkeys are playing a couple of festivals between June 21st and July 4th in Europe. More dates to be announced apparently. So maybe they'll be making a stop over here for some kind of festival? :D

no.. just please god no!
    they were atrocious in 2010, just a horrific live band, putting um just below the foos was a travesty, should have been below plan b in reality.

Turner really can't perform live at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh they weren't horrific. T'was 2011.

And nothing should be below plan b :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

bennyl10 wrote: »
    no.. just please god no!
    they were atrocious in 2010, just a horrific live band, putting um just below the foos was a travesty, should have been below plan b in reality.

Turner really can't perform live at all!

What nonsense is this your spouting. Arctic's are a great live band.

Corholio wrote: »
    What nonsense is this your spouting. Arctic's are a great live band.

Great live band? you'd get more crowd interaction out of a dead squirrel then Turner.

Seen them twice, in the O2 and oxegen, both times I felt like didn't give two ****s about the crowd. Yes the songs are done well, but you may as well be listening to the CD for all the atmosphere you get from the band.

both times I felt like didn't give two ****s about the crowd.

N'awww ya poor thing.

Great live band? you'd get more crowd interaction out of a dead squirrel then Turner.

Seen them twice, in the O2 and oxegen, both times I felt like didn't give two ****s about the crowd. Yes the songs are done well, but you may as well be listening to the CD for all the atmosphere you get from the band.

Theyre a great live band as in they play their songs great live, couldn't really give a **** what pandering singers do to crowds such as making them all excited by actually saying out loud where their playing, that one gets me everytime. If the singers talking half the time, there's something wrong.

Also surely you get the atmosphere from the songs??

Corholio wrote: »
    Theyre a great live band as in they play their songs great live, couldn't really give a **** what pandering singers do to crowds such as making them all excited by actually saying out loud where their playing, that one gets me everytime. If the singers talking half the time, there's something wrong.

Also surely you get the atmosphere from the songs??

Look at bands like Green Day or Springsteen, perform every song perfectly, and yet also manage to make the crowd feel wanted at the gig, Monkeys make you feel like they just couldn't care less who was there.. and especially at a festival you don't want that..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Look at bands like Green Day or Springsteen, perform every song perfectly, and yet also manage to make the crowd feel wanted at the gig, Monkeys make you feel like they just couldn't care less who was there.. and especially at a festival you don't want that..

I think for a gig to be special there needs to be some interaction with the crowd, otherwise its like listening to a live cd, mneh

In fairness Turner does interact a bit with the crowd but he's not a charismatic speaker really so he's not gonna try and milk it. Still didn't take away from any of the gigs I've seen them at, certainly never felt 'unwanted'. Gigs are definitely unique to themselves and nothing like listening to a live cd.

Interpol, one of the best live bands I've ever seen, have minimal crowd interaction with Banks saying a few words now and again, but yet the gigs have been electric. Some people want different things from concerts I guess, nothing wrong with that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Green Day?!?
    when i saw them the "crowd interaction" was completely cringeworthy and so obviously fake and rehearsed it was annoying. and that was years ago, i'm sure it's even worse now.

i'd much rather a band play the songs and get off, than feel the need to talk some rubbish onstage, most of which they probably said in the last country, and obviously don't mean.

I'm not 15, i don't need some band on a world tour telling me how Irish fans are so great and re-telling the same story they told on the other side of Europe 2 weeks previously, just for a gig to be good.

some of the best gigs i've been to i've never even heard the act speak.

• Advertisement

The crowd interaction of most US bands is so cringe inducing I'd prefer they didn't talk at all.

Advertisement