Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Longitude with possibly Nick Cave headlining...ah sure go on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mumford and Sons possible headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Don't say that :pac:

Corholio wrote: »
    Don't say that :pac:

Well if you look at 2010 had Flo and 2011 had Paolo . M&S would shift a good few tickets and MCD will want the first year to be a massive success , i can see M&S either doing this or EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Are you sure you're on about the same festival???

2006 Headliners: Snow Patrol, Mogwai, Anthony and the Johnsons
    2007 Headliners: Damien Rice, The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Arcade Fire
    2008 Headliners: Franz Ferdinand, Sigur Ros, Interpol
    2009 Headliners: Pet Shop Boys, Grace Jones, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    2010 Headliners: FATM, Belle and Sebastian, Vampire Weekend
    2011 Headliners: The National, Paulo Nutini, Suede
    2012 Headliners: Bon Iver, Elbow, Paul Weller

Apologies i looked at hi-fi instead. A mux of these plus some muse/grewn day would be immense. Then leave the dance for the other fest..

Some big need to be added.. those acts would crash & burn here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

they played i think 2 years ago at latitude

If they booked bands like Editors , Gaslight Anthem , Frank Turner etc ill be happy

Yea M&S played low down on the main stage in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Apologies i looked at hi-fi instead. A mux of these plus some muse/grewn day would be immense. Then leave the dance for the other fest..

Some big need to be added.. those acts would crash & burn here!

Yeah I think they need a mix for longitude to work..
    A lot of people bash Oxgen but it had so many different types of music.
    From EDM to rock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah more stuff along the lines of Editors would be good. But a festival in between Electric picnic and Oxegen is bad news for Indiependence :/

Yeah more stuff along the lines of Editors would be good. But a festival in between Electric picnic and Oxegen is bad news for Indiependence :/

Yea that is true which would be a pity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I would be too, but it'd still be better than nothing. :P

I honestly don't think I'd bother if Oxegen was the only date, I'd probably catch one of the European shows. Fingers crossed we get a headline show though.

nm wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys in Malahide Castle was one of the best outdoor gigs I've been at

One of the worst gigs ive been out, sound was rubbish the band were off form and crowd really poor.

One of the worst gigs ive been at, sound was rubbish the band were off form and crowd really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

One of the worst gigs ive been at, sound was rubbish the band were off form and crowd really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dupe account??

I love Arctic Monkeys (As you can probably tell from my username)

But I don't think the new stuff really lends itself to festivals, especially Oxegen.

The "bangin tunes and DJ sex" was brilliant a few years ago but they have developed to a much calmer sound which won't really get the youngish crowd at Oxegen going IMO
    Synode wrote: »
    Dupe account??

Excuse me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Excuse me?

Exact same reply from two different users?

Synode wrote: »
    Exact same reply from two different users?

Oh, I agreed with him, and I couldn't of said it better myself, so I simply copied and pasted his phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Oh, I agreed with him, and I couldn't of said it better myself, so I simply copied and pasted his phrase.

Could you not have just clicked the olde "Thanks" button to inform us all of your passionate agreement instead of confusing my tired mind during a time constrained coffee break!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone who says Arctic Monkeys aren't a good live because Alex Turner doesnt communicate with the crowd obviously hasnt seen them play recently. He interacts with the crowd loads nowadays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5keMTOLv4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

maximoose wrote: »

Sound was great where I was, on the Saturday, and if you can't handle that crowd you're off your rocker considering attending Oxegen 2013 (or whatever it will be), you'll have no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

A friend of mine's father works for Heineken. He doesn't seem to think it's going ahead this year. Not that this is surprising news or anything. He said that normally MCD would have contacted Heineken long before now regarding tickets, etc...

rorrissey wrote: »
    A friend of mine's father works for Heineken. He doesn't seem to think it's going ahead this year. Not that this is surprising news or anything. He said that normally MCD would have contacted Heineken long before now regarding tickets, etc...

Id say Oxegen wont happen but Longtitude(or whatever it will be called) will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Was reading the Sunday Indo (I think, either that or the times) in work the other day, it was showing a preview of 2013 talking about all the big concerts: Slane, Rihanna, Aviva gigs etc. A line in it said "plenty to look forward to this year, including the yet to be announced Oxegen festival". Maybe thats just them speculating though!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

So when do you think there'll be an announcement about Longtitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

lad i work with is in the St John Ambulance and was told they will be on duty at 2 gigs this year in Fairyhouse.

dont know how true that is as i rang a mate who lives near the race course and has heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

blueshed wrote: »
    lad i work with is in the St John Ambulance and was told they will be on duty at 2 gigs this year in Fairyhouse.

dont know how true that is as i rang a mate who lives near the race course and has heard nothing.
    Wouldn't believe that...
    I thought it is usually civil defence and order of Malta at oxgen.
    Even they wouldn't no anything only their senior officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Vullet93

So irritating, I mean i can understand taking a year off for last year, but it's just ridiculous with the official facebook page dciking everybody around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Vullet93 wrote: »
    So irritating, I mean i can understand taking a year off for last year

it makes no sense taking a year off tbh, unless it was because it was doing terrible (which it was) which then...kinda makes sense why its probably done and dusted now.

Hopefully they have learnt their lessons and will start from scratch. This Longitude idea sounds great if its a patch on Latitude. Transfer all the pop acts to day gigs in parks

Advertisement