Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templemore outdoor swimming pool

Options
  • 15-09-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Was thinking about how great it would be to have a swimming pool in the back yard when I remembered this place. It was briefly reopened in the early 1990's and closed circa 1994??? I think. Anyway does anyone have any memories of it like swimming in it or opinions on whether it should be reopened or not. I think with a bit of work it could be reopened to the public but given the weather we have the past 5 years it would need to enclosed in a building. For those of you not too familiar with Templemore who don't know where it is, it is located in the town park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

there was a photo history of templemore released a few years back, had some pics of the compititions in the pool.

now that there is the indoor pool in the garda complax, and the pools in roscrea and thurles, i doubt it will ever reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 suirvale

sunda 15 jul 20013the have signs up around town about re opening the pool in templemore ,.cheers,.........

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

all goood when we get the weather we have now once every few years and the odd few days every summer would it be worth someones while open it?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭The Woodcock

I see there's a Facebook campaign to get this pool reopened with a public meeting last Sunday evening. Does anyone know the outcome? I swam in the pool when it reopened briefly in the early 1990s. It's a nice facility to have in the current weather but in reality an outdoor pool in Ireland would be redundant for 9 or 10 months of the year, especially with an indoor pool already in the town. Also the Town Council is set to be abolished so the question is who would run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Town councils don't run swimming pools. They come under the county council it's why Roscrea has a pool (A bit of gombeen politics too from one Mr Brian Cowen) and anyway Templemore town council are pretty much North Tipperary County Council under a different name. Thurles, Nenagh etc have functioning town councils with their own maintenance staff diggers trucks etc. Templemore relies on the county council for everything

• Advertisement
Advertisement