Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy American style Cookie dough?

Options
  • 16-09-2012 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi all, any idea where I'd find this stuff? You've probably seen it in movies etc, it's raw cookie dough wrapped in foil. Kids always seem to eat it raw in films :pac: but I've never seen it in town. We have American visitors at the mo and need to get our hands on some. I don't have time to check all the supermarkets tomorrow, hence why I need help! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

yep-saw it in tesco's last week-cookie dough-down the same aisle as the pastry

http://www.tesco.ie/supporting-ireland/kooky-dough.html

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Could ya not get the recipe and make some yourself?, should be nicer than store bought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

get em a ben and jerrys cookie dough if ya can't find actual cookie dough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's in the fridge in most supermarkets (especially the larger ones).

There are a few Irish brands too:

http://www.kookydough.ie/

Gookies (Gluten Free) - Can't find a website for them!

and Angel Foods do cookie mix http://www.angelfoods.ie/

While lots of people do it, eating raw cookie dough isn't generally recommended as it contains raw eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Be very careful eating raw cookie dough. You're effectively eating raw dough.

The stuff you see people eating is egg free.

It's very simple to make yourself, loads of recipes online. Double or triple the recipie, split it & add different variations to each.

Bake what you need, then roll the rest into a roll, freeze it & when you want fresh baked cookies, just slice off what you need & bake from frozen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Cheers Niallo! Ah hold on now Brad, I wouldn't be too good at the aul baking now in fairness, eating cookies is more my thing! :pac:

It's more for our American visitors, I won't be going near the raw stuff! Thanks for the replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If they're visiting Ireland, they may want to try Irish food though too?
    Not that it's that drastically different to US food, but maybe get some nice Waterford local cheeses and stuff?
    Decent quality local bread..

Throw something together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

They might prefer to try local or Irish produce. Offer blaas for a truly Waterford experience. Deise Bakery make delicious bread. For biscuits Kimberley, Mikado and Coconut Creams would be different. ;)

I wasn't baking for them, they were baking for me! Lol, let's just say we were trading recipes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I wasn't baking for them, they were baking for me! Lol, let's just say we were trading recipes! :D
    Trading the recipe for ready-made dough?? :confused:

• Advertisement

Mad types of cookies! Those yanks know how to have breakfast too, don't get me started on the pancakes! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Mad types of cookies! Those yanks know how to have breakfast too, don't get me started on the pancakes! :D:D:D
    ....please elaborate. You now have my attention.

Something like this

Chocolate-Chip-Pancakes-8.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

You can get little balls of cookie dough in tesco, in a see through tub. :)

Also recall seeing a chub of it in Super Valu before, maybe I'm wrong...

Advertisement